Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

5/1 by qwertyo

Artist qwertyo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
64 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

5/1

Postby qwertyo » Mon May 02, 2022 6:45 pm

concept sketches for a character design I've had in my head for a while now. the idea is basically a canine with a halo around their muzzle. design definitely not final, just wanted to actually draw out the whole halo muzzle thing to see how it looks lol

still working out why halo is there but ideas include them being a gluttonous demon that ate everyone and an angel stopped them by sacrificing their halo to seal the demon's power and make them unable to eat anything ever again (also made the demon unable to die, thus making them Suffer Eternally :) ) and other idea was to make them an angel who fell and was punished by having their own halo used to tie them down forever
Who are you wrote:
Sol (or qwertyo!) ☀︎ She/Her ☀︎ PST time

Links wrote:

☀︎ Toyhou.se
☀︎ Deviantart
☀︎ Commissions
☀︎ ♫ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER♫
qwertyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 5/1

Postby R3NNIE » Mon May 02, 2022 6:46 pm

THIS IS SO COOL !!!
love the spikey chainlike looking halo thats on the sketch to the right. also
red/yellow eyes my beloved
Pet's name: Easter Mac
R3NNIE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 5/1

Postby Griddle » Mon May 02, 2022 6:59 pm

Oh no I love them. 😍

You really have the spook factor going on with this kid! The dark silhouette with the stark eyes and halo is a really simple design but VERY effective. You got the big bad wolf trope working very well for you!

I think I prefer the halo design that spikes outwards as opposed the forward-and-back? Purely because it looks very nice on the portrait facing the viewer in a way the latter wouldn't, I think. The forward-and-back spikes ARE cool though and would make a nice floaty head halo (or maybe a crown?)

Oh wow this idea is so nice! Love me some spoopy wolfs! 😭 I look forward to seeing more of this guy from you!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery