Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 6) by ketsup

Based on Click to view
Artist ketsup [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 6)

Postby ketsup » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 am

Nightmare splinters successfully caught, Sybil gathers the campers at Fireside. It's not quite moon-day, but it will be soon. The elder has stacked all of the jarred nightmare splinters up on several tables.

ImageImage

Sybil addresses you all, "Thank you for your efforts gathering these little shadow splinters. It's taken some doing, but all of the various shenanigans have brought us to this point. I believe we've collected the creature you saw the other night, but only in pieces." She straightens herself, looking out past the group and raises her voice—"And we're more than ready for a reveal, so get on out here."

There's a pause.

Then, you see...Ave? appear through the bushes. Her eyes are... unnervingly open and her voice is... off, "Oh! Hello everyone. Sorry I'm late, hehe!"

Sybil replies in a deadpan tone, "Ave never has her eyes open."

The... Ave seems surprised, looking around at all of the wide eyes focused on 'her', "Oh. Well—" she shrugs, "I guess it has been a while." Her form morphs and twists into a long, shadowy shape. It bellows and roars, horns splitting and growing long. Eyes spring open from a skull-like surface. What you're faced with is something like that out of a bad dream. A long, snakelike body and thin, spindly hands... staring, unblinking eyes... and a curling tail caps off the creature. It's body seemed to be all-movement, shifting slightly every moment you look at it. It's not terribly bigger than the lambicorns gathered. It does appear very skeletal and.. incomplete?

"Wowie," comes a voice from the mouthless thing, waggling its fingers toward the jarred splinters,"You got them!"

"Wh-who is that??" cries a panicked voice from the crowd of campers.

Sybil sighs, and in a low tone of amusement states, "This... is the reason for the season."

The creature points to itself, feeling everyone's eyes still glued to them, "Me?? OHH. Me. Well I'll introduce myself properly, but first, dudes—" it zips forward over the crowd and towards the jars with impressive speed, shattering them all at once. The shadow worms (or other little creatures) are thrown into the air, and almost like a magnet are rapidly drawn back to the creature's body.

At first, it looks very bizarre... but as more and more of the "worms" are drawn to the creature you begin to see they aren't worms but are becoming... fur? The creature grabs its head in its clawed hands and shouts, "A TUNE! I NEED A TUNE!"
There's several hums that hesitantly begin rising from the crowd, and you hear a deep rumble that turns into a long howl–presumably from Beo. The creature howls back, syncing its sound with the cacophony as the splinters are all 'attached' back to its body.

In a flash of kaleidoscopic light, the creature launches into the air, its entire body bursting with all sorts of colors. It transforms slightly, growing in size, fur puffing out grandly, and the skeletal face shrinking back into a flattened mask. Its eyes seemed brighter and more carefree, and a smile spread broadly across its face. The colors relax and it's body becomes solid mostly black.

"Wow," its voice booms. "That is so much better." It looks down over everyone, "Thank you so much. Sheds totally suck."
It laughs, rather pleased, and then notices everyone's stunned expressions, "Oh! Haha, yeah. I'm—" it puffs its chest up and looks slightly more intimidating for a moment, "THE IMP LORD!"
The... Imp Lord... finishes their introduction with a loud, 'spooky' laugh.

Then it snaps right back to the form it had before with the mask, "I'm gettin' way too old to keep doing that. Ha.. whatever. Yeahh, I'm Rakshasa the nightmare... uh, whatever whatever and HEYY party lambies!!" It finger guns at everyone and says with a wink, "Call me Raksh!"
Sybil flicks an ear, and says sternly, "You. Your 'shed' almost caused some big problems. Why did you let that run loose out here? You could have just showed up on the first night and not come late. We would have helped out."

Raksh shrugs, looping their long body like a hula hoop backwards and around to reply, "Uh... because that's boring, dudes. Also, I've been here the whole time, obviously." It catches the glances of several lambies who can now connect the dots on the weird lambicorns or people they had run into previously. "Aaand I might have had some helpers with these majorly sick headbands," it exclaims, twirling a little shadowy, horned headband on its clawtip, "Have you tried them? Radical little things."

There's a slight, awkward pause, and Raksh sighs. "Listen. I'm sorry for the mischief this may have caused. All of my efforts were in good fun, no harm done!" It gulps at a few hard stares, "A-and my nightmare shed, I'm sorry for the distress. That part wasn't in my control...it did actually get away from me so I don't know what forms it took or what it did. I know I saw it being some giant beast, and then it was some cursed rabbit or something... Look, not so groovy, I know. But, you crew were stunningly good at catching them all and helping me out!!" It peeks thru one eye at the crowd and clears its throat, "Haha.. ha. Yeah."

Sybil can feel the questions burning on everyone's tongues—"Allow me to explain, Rakshasa is, yes, the Imp Lord. The Imp Lord throughout history exists in a cyclical state of being. It passes through periods of being chaotically unstable and nightmarishly leaning, to periods of relative calm and..." she stares at Raksh, "—mostly stable."

Raksh looks impishly pleased, "Aaand mostly-stable-and-realtively-calm, I am."

"Each reincarnation of the Imp Lord shifts the cycle, and determines the behavior of the nightmares that are part of his charge. So while things may get scary, they're never as bad as the darker chaotic cycle," Sybil continues, "And this glorified... dork... is the calmer version we've had for the past millennia. He's been away after the transformation, and while I had heard rumors he might be heading back this way, I wasn't certain."

"Ta-da, right?" Raksh chuckles, stretching. "COOL well now that introductions are over, we really need to spice this place up! This ain't a party!" He noodles through the air over the crowd and does several large zaps from his "finger guns," conjuring a plethora of picnic tables, festive party lanterns, and a HUGE buffet of delicious food. He continues with the addition of a, yes, light up dance floor and above-ground swimming pool, along with plenty more purple-and-orange party lanterns. "Aaah. Now that's more like it!"

He whips around; a hat on backwards and a boombox in-claw, "....shall we?"

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

Well, quite way to cap off the night! Moon-day begins, and the campground is enormously more festive than before. Everything is glowy blue, purple, and orange. Most of the mysteriousness has been brought to light by Rakshasa's entrance. And while the famed "Imp Lord" may not be the entity you expected (well, not in this lifetime at least!), he does seem fairly approachable.

Most of the other campers seem to have relaxed a tad after all of this, and are starting go enjoy the party atmosphere. The celebration will be winding down in another dusk-day cycle, so enjoy the moon-day! You can stay at the party or head off to do other things for the day cycle. Most of the spooky things in the woods are now gone, according to the elders!

You will only be rewarded once for this prompt, but you can answer NPCs' responses afterwards as well for fun! This prompt is rather low-key; it's time for a party! Prompt closes 11/3, at 10 am CT!

Code: Select all
[center][b][i]Party time!![/i][/b]
{ Respond with your lambie(s) IC for what they'll do now! }
[/center]

Last edited by ketsup on Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image
⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎ ✐ Ket! ⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎
✨⭐︎ TH // dA // pfp ⭐︎✨
**I am currently on a CS Hiatus, apologies!!**
ketsup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 6)

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:30 am

Party time!!
As Seafoam hears the music hit her ears she smiles and says “well ok” she joins him and starts to sing along.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:43 am

Party time!!
Despite all the answers and the relaxed appearance of the Imp Lord, Aronia can’t help but feel like something is still out of place. Like something is missing or wrong. It all felt like a dream or the calm before a storm. She tried to shake off the feeling and join the party-goers, but she just couldn’t. Instead, she took some punch and went to sit along the sidelines, her usually goo gone cold and hard. She sat and watched the Imp Lord dance his cares away, the other Lambicorns jump and spin with halloween spirit, and even Sybil relaxing and enjoying herself. “Oh well.” She sighed to herself, deciding that watching was better than going home alone.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueberryOtter » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:47 pm

Party time!!
With the strange ave copy cat transforming, the only thing Lamby could shriek was "I KNEW IT!"

But she was surprisingly calmed on how chill the imp lord was. You'd think he'd be terrifying, not gonna lie, he sorta is. But fun for the most part. Lamby felt guilty for not helping gather nightmare splinters, so it made it even more awkward for her then it already was being around the said beast.

Lamby spent the rest of her time chilling mainly, doing some simple and goofy dance moves and wandering the camp to talk to other lambies and admiring their costume. She would poke around the minigames and try them out herself, and over all have fun!
BlueberryOtter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:20 pm

Party time!!
Rome wouldn't dream of leaving the party area! He gawks at the magical set up and the curious imp king who set it all up. He isn't so scary after all, Rome decides, but instead, honestly-- he's seems pretty cool. Rome mimicked some contented chirping sounds up at Raksh to display his approval and evident forgiveness for having been scared out of his wits by the shed more than once or twice. All's well that ends well after all! And he didn't realize how hungry he was until there was food and a moment to breathe easy. He wanders over to the buffet and stocks up on candies, chirruping at the other lambicorns now that he's in better spirits. He pantomimes some gestures to articulate his continued muteness, but he enjoys listening in on the happy conversations and stories everyone's telling! The biggest thing Rome took away was that the big monstrous imp lord was actually a pretty fun guy, and that everything was going to be okay now-- sure it was spooky, but everyone was okay and now things were winding down. And what a fun holiday party!
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Party time!!

Violette watches in awe, eyes widening as the dots do indeed connect together. "First off, thank you for your help the other day! Second-"

"What awesome skills!" Kukan exclaimed. "You will HAVE to teach me some of those tricks! The place looks jamming now!" Violette found she could not argue wuth that one, looking around.

"You all should make sure to party with us too," she said instead. "And uh, Rakshasa nice to meet you properly! Make sure you get some candy and dance a bit too!"

"For making this holiday so interesting, might even save you a candy apple! But for now, lets go dancing people!"
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 am

Party time!!
Babiri turns to Sleeper, a question in his eyes. The elder turns that different coloured gaze on the smaller Lambie and answered the question he wanted to ask.

"We have never met Rakshasa before, our domains most likely never crossed, we had not even heard of him before now" Sleeper answered steadily. Babiri turned back to watching Raksh, The Imp Lord was having fun at the little party he conjured up, Sleeper watched the other Elder alongside her small companion. He had been kind during the process of his shed, never once doing anything that might hurt anyone, from that she deduced that it was good that his shed was over and done with.

"Should we go and join the party?" Babiri asked softly.

"We do not see why we could not" Sleeper replies with a small smile, cutting a swath through other party-goers with her towering form that Babiri easily made use of. Babiri decided he would not be swimming due to being unwilling to take his collar off but was more than happy to sit in the shallows while Sleeper hung out in the deeper end of the pool. He waved one green paw at Raksh as the elder floated by with a large grin on his masked face
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:33 am

Party time!!

"So you're telling me another high-tier terrifying god-being is a complete dork?" Tera speared a hot dog onto a skewer, holding it up to the flames.

"Seems like it," Novaria laughed. "Come on, I thought you'd be all over this!"

"I mean, it's neat, but like-" Tera shook his head. "Ah, watch... we'll get to the winter solstice and meet another who's like. Absolute terror," he chuckled. "Living hair though, seriously? That's what we'd been gathering?"

"Tobd you sobthing wad baking be react!" Fi sniffled, rubbing at her streaming eyes, her costume lying abandoned by Prim. She had stopped sneezing, at least, but didn't seem up for much more partying. Which, frankly, suited Novaria and Tera just fine; two or three nights of mysterious madness was quite enough. It was nice just being able to lounge by the fire and have some snacks.

--

Off to the distance, Nocturne... well, Nocturne still slept, though her projection was seated near the other Elders. "I'm glad things didn't get too out of hand," she said, looking around the festivities. "The... additions were quite kind of you Rakshasa, even if a bit surprising!"

True, Nocturne was a little sad that she still didn't feel up to waking and enjoying things properly, but it was a delight to see everyone so happy- and to have even been able to make it over here in the flesh at all! She'd have to thank those lambies who'd stumbled into her den, sometime or another...
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:46 am

Party time!!
"Party time...?" Tapioca muttered, "I... I'm just gonna take a nap."
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 am

Party time!!
The IMPoster's pretty lucky that none of Jamboo's gang were upset at him, otherwise Jamboo'd definitely make him regret scaring his friends so horribly. Hopefully the shapeshifter knows he's on thin ice.
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me