Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 4) by ketsup

Based on Click to view
Artist ketsup [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
39 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 4)

Postby ketsup » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:43 am

Resting, exploring, or chatting it up—regardless of what you ended up doing, most of the moon-day goes by without a hitch. Sybil sent several lambicorns out to go fetch the Team Game supplies that Nocturne had located, and the Crafts Table crew were finally able to get the floating tables under control. Things were much calmer after that—lots of good food and lounging around the campsite. Several lambicorns helped set up tents for those who didn't bring their own–that way everyone had somewhere to go if they needed. After the relatively peaceful day cycle, dusk was approaching.

The fairy-blue light that was illuminating the woods had started to shift, ever so slightly, and the moon would began returning to a pale cream hue. As the night crew was assembling in the bonfire center, something seemed odd. Normally, this is where Sybil does her fireside chat before sending everyone off, right? But she wasn't showing up. In fact, you can't recall when you saw her last, exactly.

Some lambies began to murmur amongst themselves. Then, someone screeches from the other end of camp. Everyone turns to look, and in the last beams of blue light, you see a huge, dark shape through the trees, with an orb-like eye, staring. You can't make out details, but it's big. Time seems to freeze around everyone, and nothing moves.

All of a sudden, the... whatever-it-is roars loudly, and everything goes dark. Literally! The-the moon is out and the fire too! Lambicorns who have the ability start conjuring light on their horns—it's all there is in the pitch black. The creature hasn't gone–you can feel the ground shake from its steps as it prowls the edge of camp and still feel its presence. There's another large step near you, but to your relief, it's Sybil. She looks a little more serious in the faint light around everyone. She's saying something, but you can only catch a doubtful, "This isn't like you..."

Image Image

Sybil whips back, shouting, "Beo! It's here!" In response, a huge, absolute beast of a lambicorn leaps over the group and without a single word charges into the darkness.

There's a tense moment, and suddenly the moon reappears, fire crackling. You can see again, for what it's worth. It's now dusk.
Sybil looks over the shaken group, "Do you recall my tales of the Imp Lord when we gathered first? I've heard things on the wind saying they have returned. I don't know if it's true, but these happenings are getting more frequent." She looks up at the moon thoughtfully, "If you don't have a group, now is a good time to find someone else should you decide to go off and do anything. Don't let me catch you alone with creatures like that running amok."

"Oh, what was that? That's a very good question. I don't know. Not yet, anyways." She shrugs, "Spooky as it was, you're fine now. Beo is on the hunt for it, and it won't be back this way." She chuckles a bit, "And here I was about to send you to your team activities to kick off dusk. Well, I suppose you can still go, if you're feeling up to it. Or you can stay with me–in just a little while, I'm taking those that want to go on a ghost tour of Castellina. Time to change up the scenery a bit, I think."

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

This prompt closes tomorrow 10/28, at 10 pm CT!
You can stay at camp and either go start on those games (or, follow Beo's trail). Or, go on a tour with Sybil and get out of the woods for a bit! Rewards will vary. There's no wrong choice, so just pick whatever your lambie is most likely to go do! Art or writing is ok!

Code: Select all
[center][b][i]That's quite a way to start the "night"...[/i][/b]
{ Respond with your lambie(s) IC for whatever you decide to do next! }
[/center]

Last edited by ketsup on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image
⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎ ✐ Ket! ⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎
✨⭐︎ TH // dA // pfp ⭐︎✨
**I am currently on a CS Hiatus, apologies!!**
ketsup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 4)

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:45 am

That's quite a way to start the "night"...
Seafoam and her friends are exploring the woods with Sybil to figure out what is happening with the shadow thing
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadeV » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:52 am

Nirnasha has frozen in fear, and Griff is trying to comfort him.
"Nasha, it's okay, it's gone now-"
"What if it comes back!?"
"It won't. Sybil said-"
"B-But what if it gets hungry...?"
Griff sighs. It looks like there's no convincing Nirnasha that it's safe.
"Look, Nasha. Let's just stick around the other lambies, and do some team activities, okay? To take your mind off that... thing" He suggests.
"...Fine..." Nirnasha murmurs nervously, the terrifying reaper-like lambie shivering in the darkness.
"Good. Come now, I'm sure it'll be fun"
As Griff leads the anxious lambie towards a larger group, he narrows his eyes. He would have liked to investigate the matter, or go after that beast... But Nasha was really scared, so he would wait.
Image Image Image
Image Image
FadeV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:19 am

time to make a decision
The oobicorns were in some disagreement about what to do next. Oobicorn and Oobicorn 2.0 wanted to join the games. They hadn't partook in any yet and wanted to get going on that. There was mention - for a moment - of the giant shadow creature, but it was decided they had nothing to fear with Beo chasing it and their own boss to protect them. In fact, in that moment of fear, Jamboo had found all three of his underlings under him in that moment of fear once the light returned. However, mustach-oobicorn had different interests. I tour of Castellina sounded like a wonderful idea to the old lambie. Jamboo of course had the final word and agreed that his old friend should get his "history lesson". Oobicorn and Oobicorn 2.0 were admittedly too scared to stay behind without Jamboo so they followed along with no more than some grumbling. Jamboo walked up to Sybil, "we will join your ghost tour." mustach-oobicorn came forward excitedly, "oh, I hope we'll see some cool stuff!" Oobicorn stayed silent but gave his friend a hard glance as Oobicorn 2.0 stated in a whisper, "hopefully no ghosts though."
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .✰Mewo✰. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:13 am

Suki, being the energetic lambie she is decided it would be best for she and her young ones to stay at camp to start up on games, as she knew it’d be the best option to keep busy.

Hi, I’m Mewo,
I'm an artist and I go by she/they pronouns.

Best friend !
.✰Mewo✰.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:50 am

Tapioca shifted his feet. A ghost tour... Feeling a bit more then unnerved at the thought of being left alone without Sybil, he nodded his head. "I... I'll come with you for the tour."
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:51 am

Beatrix flicked her tail, doing her best to keep the surprise off of her face. Blinking rapidly to clear her head, she turned her attention back to the conversation at hand. Beatrix was just considering going after Beo when her ears shot straight up, picking up mentions of a ghost tour. "I'll go!" she blurted, almost too eagerly. "Um, I mean, on the ghost tour." She shuffled her paws awkwardly, donning a fierce expression once more. "I hope this is an actual tour with actual spirits, and not just some gimicky thing with guys in costumes," she thought aloud in a low growl. It would be nice to meet some new spirits, and maybe help them to pass on if they were stuck? Aiding spirits was one of her few specialties, after all. Her tail wound around to touch her satchel beneath her robes, filled with supplies for a scenario just like that. Candles, crystals, herbs... you name it.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:10 am

Sleeper blinked at the sensation of something pressing against her legs, looking down she found a green lambicorn huddled against her. Soft music spilled from the speaker attached to the collar around his neck, the poor thing was shaking quite badly she noticed.

"Are you, alright?" She asked softly.

"Scared, you had light" he mumbled. Sleeper somehow managed to understand that the smaller Lambie had been scared by the tremendous roar that had swamped the place in darkness. He'd seen the glowing crescent that hovered around Sleeper's horn and had come to take shelter against the taller Lambie.

"It is ok, whoever that was has been chased off by the one known as Beo, though we will be leaving soon to follow so the safest option for you right now would be to go find someone else" was Sleeper's reply. The green lambicorn pressed himself closer to her legs, still shaking like a leaf.

"Please, don't leave me" he begged, gazing up at her with wide fear-filled yellow eyes. Sleeper sighed and carefully knelt down so she could meet his eyes, she simply gazed into them for a moment before standing with a sigh.

"Very well, if you must come, then we will promise to keep you safe to the best of our ability" Sleeper finally uttered. She moved slowly so the Smaller Lambie could keep up, always making sure to keep him close, she was sure that Beo had it handled but taking a chance sounded ridiculous.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueberryOtter » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Lamby still shivered with fear. What was going on?? First Sybil was small, the sign with strange writing, Ave with her eyes open?? And now a huge shadow beast?? It all connects somehow. But in what way?? Can this shadow beast take forms of lambies? Or maybe its the imp lord who can do that? Itd make sense why Sybil seemed smaller the other night and why Ave had her eyes open. No. . . Shes getting too deep into thought.

She shook her head, she really should have dragged Jack along. The scary lambicorn would of protected her while exploring, and help her out.

Maybe going on a tour would finally soothe her nerves? She should stop straying on her own for one night.
BlueberryOtter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:31 pm

To say the events were a bit scary was an understatement! Violette felt her somewhat friend Kukan press up against her, shaking a bit. Summoning her fire to her horn, Violette tried to put on a brave face. "Its okay, it will pass..."

"Did you see that ENORMOUS lambie?!?"

"He's on our side..." She replied, exhaling out. And as sure enough things returned to normal and they were given their options, Violette nodded to herself. "I am going to follow him. He MIGHT need our help!" Kukan blinked, staring at Violette as if she had grown a third eye.

"Are you crazy? We cant fight this!"

"We can help. Nobody should be left to fight alone."

"...Fine. Im following, but only to keep you out of trouble!" And so the pair left to the woods, to try and follow their protector's trail.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me