Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 2) by ketsup

Based on Click to view
Artist ketsup [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 2)

Postby ketsup » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 pm

You've gotten settled, introduced yourself to Sybil and things are starting to buzz around the campground. The shortcut signs are being posted, and several games have started! Time to go earn some candicorns!

As you head off to go do things, you pass by two lambicorns that have split from the crowd heading out through the trees. For those that recall them from the Festival of Dreams, you recognize them as Frenchie and Binx. Frenchie, the one with a rather large... pair of mustache wings...? looks very nervous as is his usual. Binx, the impish lambie wearing a very iconic half-mask seems concerned for his companion, but also ever-so-slightly exasperated. You can't help but overhear their conversation.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

"French—honestly...? You're sure that's what you saw?" Binx glances back doubtfully at the other lambie.
Frenchie gulps, his eyes darting around, "P-positive. It startled me so bad!! I swear—I-I know I saw a lambaby shapeshift into this... imp-creature!" He shut his eyes, adding on pitifully, "That doesn't just.. happen!"

Binx sighs softly, not really wanting to doubt him, but still... that sounds pretty far-fetched.
Frenchie picks up on his disbelief and hops to his feet, "Binx! It's not just that! There's been some strange energy around ever since Sybil told that first story about the shapeshifter elder. I haven't stopped thinking about it... and I keep looking twice at everything! E-Even Opal was acting weird when we saw her earlier! And after our first fireside with Sybil, my costume's mustache and wings were gone, remember?"

Binx DID remember, and that was odd. One moment, they had been in full costume walking up to the fireside where Sybil was greeting campers. The next moment, the story and introductions were over, and Frenchie had no mustache or wings! They found them later just a ways away from fireside, dangling from a stray signpost. Frenchie would tell you for certain he was wearing them the whole time... and Binx definitely believed that, as he'd seen it himself.

Shifting on his hooves, Binx finally relents after a moment to ponder, "Okay French. Look, I believe you. Here's what we'll do. I'll stick with you and we'll make sure to mention it to Sybil at fireside tomorrow, uh–" Binx looks up at the perpetually-night-sky as the magic moon hangs above, "–tomorrow... night."
This seems to calm Frenchie's nerves a bit, and the two continue down the path into the woods.

It sounds like Frenchie might be taking the story a bit too seriously–he's a jittery lambie by nature, sure. But, it's also a mischievous time and who knows, maybe there's some tricks instead of treats happening. Maybe take a look around camp or in the woods? If you find anything of concern, best take it to Sybil at fireside tomorrow.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

You may either write about or draw your lambie(s) looking around for or finding anything... suspicious.
This prompt will close Saturday, 11 am Central Time. Reward is 10 Candicorns! Image
Code: Select all
[center][b][i]Worth a look around...[/i][/b]

{ Where does your lambie(s) go to look? Do they find anything? Any tricks? }
[/center]

Image Image
Image Image
⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎ ✐ Ket! ⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎
✨⭐︎ TH // dA // pfp ⭐︎✨
**I am currently on a CS Hiatus, apologies!!**
ketsup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 2)

Postby VashTheStampede » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Worth a look around...

{ Where does your lambie(s) go to look? Do they find anything? Any tricks? } wip

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueberryOtter » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:22 am

Worth a look around...

Lamby slowly strayed away from their conversation. Maybe she could help in some sort of way by looking around? She huffed before deciding why not and putting her bunny dressed lambie plush to ride on her shoulders. "Where should I look though?"

Trying to remember the conversation she thought about the stray post sign. Perhaps they missed something on it? She gave a glance around weaving her way around until she met the stray sign. Lamby looked at it up and down and on every side to see if they missed any writing.

(i really hope i did this right? D:)
BlueberryOtter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 am

Worth a look around...

{ Where does your lambie(s) go to look? Do they find anything? Any tricks? }

Rome glanced off from the pair and into the dark wood around them. Anything could be hiding within the trees, though he figured it wasn't anything he couldn't deal with, or anything scarier than him in any case! Full of probably-unwarranted confidence, Rome wandered around, peering behind trees and underneath rocks, not realizing that the imp-lambicorn was unlikely to be hiding underneath pebbles or behind twigs and bramble. Right as Rome was about to give up an go home he heard a noise in the brush-- larger than any wild animal that would've been out here now-- and he felt his blood run cold. He couldn't turn fast enough to catch it but-- was that-- the glow of light reflected on an imp's horns...? He couldn't be sure, but... maybe Frenchie had the right idea, after all.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:36 am

Worth a look around...

He was going to talk to a strange shadowy-looking creature, but it seems that his...lack of eyes turned HIM into the trick.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphias » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Worth a look around...

"Have you found anything Mallow?" Moth said, peeking out from under a bush.

"Nope, you?"

"No." Moth shook the stray twigs from her mane.

"Uggggggh." The duo had arrived to the party late, dragging Farin dressed as a tree and Ryzerin dressed as a goat.

"I despise bushes." Ryzerin said, crawling out from under the one next to Moth.

"HEY. Respect the leaves." Farin shook their head.

The four looked around, partially wishing they could find their other companions... but...

What was that?
• Alphias • they/them •
~ genderfluid/bigender ~ omnisexual ~ artist ~

TH: Tahsmahtus
WermzStars
alphias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Worth a look around...

Beatrix's ears swiveled as she evesdropped on the two's conversation. Hearing the pure fear in Frenchie's voice, her cold heart softened. Maybe I'll take a look around for anything suspicious... present company excluded, of course.
She flared her wings. In one swift motion, she rocketed above the treetops, swooping down closer to the forest so she could get a closer look. Nothing struck her as particularly odd or out of the ordinary...
Wait.
Was that a flash of movement on the ground?
Beatrix backtracked, slowing her flight to a mere flutter. She descended closer to get a better look, landing carefully on a thick tree branch. Unfortunately, she lost sight of whatever caused the movement, but she could swear she heard sinister laughter coming from somewhere in the forest...
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Worth a look around...

After overhearing the disconcerting conversation, Aronia turns to her friend with a concerned look on her face, “Meeni, you said this was just supposed to be fun right? Why would anyone play a trick like that? What if the imp lord really IS back? WHAT IF WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE?”

“ARONIA!” Meeni snapped with a scowl, grabbing the panicking Lambicorns face between her hands to snag her attention. “Relax, would you? I’m sure it’s just some kids playing a few pranks. The traditional stories of the imp lord are told every year and nothing has happened. We’ll be fine, okay?” While Aronia wasn’t arguing further or freaking out, she still showed a great deal of doubt, causing Meeni to sigh, release her face, and gesture towards the woods surrounding a small clearing.

“Tell ya what, Aronia. Let’s go over there and I’ll prove to you that nothing bad is going to happen to us.”

Aronia looked about uneasily but nodded anyways, trusting in Meeni to fight alongside her if anything went wrong. “O-Okay. Let’s go then..” she murmured shakily, following Meeni to the clearing. They sat in silence for a while, back to back, waiting for something - anything - to happen. When nothing did, Aronia relaxed and turned towards, Meeni to offer her thanks for assuaging her fears.

Meeni went in for a friendly hug then suddenly screeched, grabbing Aronia’s paw and dragging her away from the clearing, clearly frazzled.

When they stopped to catch their breath, Aronia gasped out, “Meeni, what was that about???”

“I. I. I don’t know. I just. I saw something. It was dark. And tall. And moved. I’m sorry, Aronia. I was trying to help but I only made it worse!”

Aronia shivered at what Meeni was implying, nudging her friend back to the campsite where Leana was waiting for them. “Maybe..maybe we should just rest for tonight.”

Meeni nodded, her usual grin absent as the pair entered the tent to catch some z’s.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Worth a look around...
The elder Lambie frowned slightly upon overhearing the conversation between the pair, strange goings on? He hadn't seen anything himself but then again he hadn't really been paying attention to his surroundings. His attention had been more on where he was going, The Sleeper really didn't want to knock anyone over not with his size. Though as he thought more, with added input from Sun, there was something that tugged his thoughts back to something he hadn't really thought about. He remembered seeing a lambie change completely, the new look flowing into place so smoothly it was almost like watching a stream.

It wasn't like some of the changes he'd seen from other elders or other Lambicorns even, this was instant and far too smooth. Over and done with so fast that it was a blink and you'd miss it kind of deal. Strange indeed
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Worth a look around...

Violette finds herself going deep into the woods, curious. She has to know, is something neat going on? Should she prepare for a fight? Should she don her magic or ready her claws? Either way her ears twitch in all directions as she walks, curious but also cautious. Waiting for the sound of laughter, a branch breaking, a creepy face-

A creepy face?!? She jumps, fur on end as she finds nothing was there. But she just saw...

"BOO!"

Violette shrieked, falling over on her side like a gigantic fallen cotton ball as a rather mischievous kitsune lambie stood over her cackling. "I cannot believe that worked..."
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me