Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 1) by ketsup

Based on Click to view
Artist ketsup [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 1)

Postby ketsup » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:17 am

As you approach the campground, whatever time of day it was fades away—it seems everything is shrouded in a sort of persistent twilight here. In the center of the open space is a massive bonfire. Several elders and a handful of lambicorns are already there. It appears setup is underway and finishing up as they begin welcoming campers.

There's a particularly large group of masked lambicorns near the bonfire, and the large form of Sybil is silhouetted against the dancing flames. It seems she's giving the first day introductions and information.

ImageImage
Sybil catches your eyes as you near the group and a grin spreads across her face. She straightens up, towering over the lambicorns below, "Welcome, revelers."

As soon as she speaks, the flames change color to a purple-coral-yellowish tint, covering the area with a surreal light. "For those who do not know me, I am Sybil, Elder of Whispers. You have come to this harvest celebration as it is our yearly custom—but perhaps for those who do not know its origins, allow me to elaborate." She waves her claws at either side and sparkling, shadowy shapes rise from the fire—glowing and twisting as she tells the tale.

Sybil wrote:"Long ago at harvest-tide, the impish elders began a tradition of sharing cautionary tales to young ones—of great dreams and nightmares that would shape generations of lambicorns to come. Over time, these fireside tales have grown to become a yearly celebration—mainly centering around impish lambicorns, costumes, storytelling, and the sharing of treats... or tricks.

All revelers wear a mask as a symbolic reference to the supposedly most ancient of tales—The Dream Imposter. This tale tells of a lambicorn elder who was a dream bringer—their true name, we do not know. After growing bored of their mundane toil, they donned a frightening horned mask and began bringing the first nightmares. However, it is said that the mask melded itself onto the lambicorn’s face permanently, which brought about the first impish lambicorn. They were since known as Imp Lord—a shapeshifter both feared and revered by many. Since that time, there have been myriads of impish lambies of all sizes, shapes, and colors.

To celebrate the balance of dreams both good and bad, impish lambicorns are given a special spotlight at this celebration and all participants enjoy the festivities and friendship. This year however, there are rumors that the Imp Lord may arrive—in their current reincarnation as “Rakshasa the Night Terror.” It has been a long time since the Imp Lord has traveled this way, so no one knows who they may actually be. In a celebration of masked campgoers... they could be anyone!"

She finishes the last statement with a quick unfurling of her wings, causing some of the more timid lambies in the crowd to startle with a little jump. The smokey shapes vanish as well, and the fire returns to its normal colors. Sybil smiles mischievously, "So keep your eyes open for anything... suspicious. And with that aside—allow me to bring your attention to a few of the camp rules."

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

CAMP RULES:
⇢ Costume or mask is required! It keeps the spirit of the celebration fun!
⇢ Bring your own timepiece—this area is enchanted to remain twilight through midnight at all times!
⇢ Do not wander off alone, stay in groups or pairs at the least!
⇢ Keep an eye out for any... IMPoster minions of the Imp Lord!
⇢ Make sure to visit the various campers and tents later on for treats!
⇢ Our reward currency is Candicorns!
⇢ Have fun!!

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

"And with that, I think we're all set. You should have chosen your teams already, so welcome Team Trick and Team Treat!" She looks over the crowd, "Since you all look so fabulous.. why don't you introduce me to your.. "squads" as they say, and let's hear about your costumes. Then, you can scurry off to explore or find some of our activities to do as things finish setting up."

This special prompt does not close until the celebration's end. Reward is 10 Candicorns! Image
Code: Select all
[center][b][i]Introducing...[/i][/b]
{respond to Sybil with your lambie(s) IC and tell her about your costume(s)!}
[/center]

Image Image
Image Image
⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎ ✐ Ket! ⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎
✨⭐︎ TH // dA // pfp ⭐︎✨
**I am currently on a CS Hiatus, apologies!!**
ketsup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 1)

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:24 am

Introducing...
Seafoam shifts nervously and says “I’m sea foam and my consume is a beach ghost. She shakes out her long tail and says “nice to meet you Sybil” she smiles at the elder whisper
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:34 am

Introducing...
{respond to Sybil with your lambie(s) IC and tell her about your costume(s)!} WIP

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:38 am

Introducing...
The Corrupt Celestial Sleeper stood before Sybil his expression neutral behind his mask as he examines the elder of whispers.

"We greet you Sybil, we are dressed as a duck" he tells her quietly
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:05 am

Introducing...
Fallin smiled, bowing to Sybil as gracefully as she could before cursing at Pip for ruining that moment by sticking his tongue out and wiggling around. "I'm Fallin! And that's Pip; he's a jerk. I'm dressed as a Greek goddess!" She grinned, spinning around. "Persephone, to be exact. Do you like my flower mask?"

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadeV » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:48 am

Introducing...
"I-I'm Nirnasha" The intimidating lambie murmured in his deep, booming voice. He held his scyth to his chest, and curious eyes peered out from the bird skull on his face. A pair of pink bunny ears adorned his head, and his cape was dyed light pink for the occasion. "I'm... uh, a bunny!" He shuffled on his claws, embarassed. "I've always liked bunnies... they're very cute, and when I harvest their souls they're always very friendly..."
He gestured at the lambie beside him.
"That's Griff... he's my friend, and he's dressed as a knight..."

Griff gave the elder a smile through his helmet.
"Greetings. I am Griff, it is a pleasure to make your aquaintance." The polite, intelligent-sounding lambie murmured. He was sticking close to Nirnasha, patting his friend comfortingly on the back.
"Nasha is quite shy, as you can see. He may look scary, but he is very sweet at heart. He's worried of scaring people, so he wore a cute costume this time." Griff smiled at his friend, gaze full of friendliness and understanding.
"It is very nice to meet you, elder. Nasha is a UNIque as well, although he is far less elegant and intimidating. I hope that we can become friends." Griff bowed politely.

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4424600&hilit=my+lambicorns
Griff and Nirnasha's appearances are in here ^^
Last edited by FadeV on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Image Image
FadeV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueberryOtter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:22 am

Introducing...
The small lambie walked out from the brush and shaking off leaves from her sparkly tutu and taking off her mask. She shifts nervously before finally poking around and staying close to the warm glow of the fire. "Hello! Im Lamby! I actually was supposed to be here with someone, but Jack said they werent ready with their costume." She looked around at the wide range of costumes in awe. "I am dressed as a princess," she bowed lightly, making sure her tiara didnt fall.

"Nice to meet you!"
BlueberryOtter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 am

mork!

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:25 am

Introducing...
The elder of children's dreams and mob boss, Oobicorn overlord, Jamboo, comes into the clearing. He looks confused as to why there are so many elders, as he himself did not know about the festivities until the day before. For a moment his face reminds you of a certain picture of a salad loving cat until it returns to normal. "What am I for this holiday, you ask?" His voice has an odd accent to it and you're rather confused as to whether he sounds like a new york-er or someone from Scotland, but he continues. "Well, you know that one episode of Oobi where..." his voice trails off at the look on the other lambicorns' faces when he mentions Oobi. He holds back a remark about him literally being an oobicorn overlord, and what else would you expect, and starts once more. "It's a ring leader costume, I'm a ring leader," he says with pained annoyance. One of his henchman snickers out a, "very spar'ly one at tha'," before he is silenced by the other two oobicorns. "Sparkly or not it was the only fabric I could find for the bow," the large lambicorn grumbles. "And it works as well." His mask appears to be black with some oobi eyes painted across it's surface. He turns away to leave towards the campfire, his underlings following along behind.
Last edited by lilpupin on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 am

Introducing...
A group of four lambies come up to Sybil, though it's clear that the one in charge of the group is a lambie with a cowl over their face. "Greetings, Whisper Elder! My name is Morgrim, and I come to the festivities dressed up as a wizard! I surely hope to have fun here with my associates!" Almost as if on cue, a handsome lambie with a highly contoured face walks up next to him. He smiles politely and does a small bow, "Sybil, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Liam Bii, a performer at heart. However, tonight I shall take my costumed role of a mariachi band member a bit more seriously than normal."

The two other lambies come forward, and one certainly takes the spotlight from just how much is on them. You could barely see the lambie's hair under all those accessories, let alone their face. They simply stared up to Sybil, and there was a pause for a moment before another dark voice filled in the silence. "Forgive Kei, He is not the type of lambie who speaks too often. None of us know what this costume is...but it covers his face, so I'm sure it counts well enough." Eyes move over to the one who spoke. The lambie was highly decorated, and stood taller than the others. "I am Abigor. I am the older adult supervision. I'm also waiting on my son, so if you see a large starry mass in the sky wearing a cartoon horse costume please alert me."
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups