Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Finished Entry by St. Seraphimz

Based on Click to view
Artist St. Seraphimz [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Finished Entry

Postby St. Seraphimz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:48 am

Vida (Life) was pacing around the dark room, every step she took, a patch of grass appeared. She was listening to her Familiars, Ankh and Rosett, who feared for her.
"Are you sure you are prepared for this?" Ankh asked, as Vida lied down, facing a door, which her opponent was supposed to appear soon. "I mean you are barely out of apprenticeship if they can defeat Lily, who may I remind you, was way further than you in training, what makes you thank you can defeat them!?"
"For once, I'd have to agree with Ankh for once," Rosett begin, "they are much more powerful than you. Are you sure you can defeat them? Without us as well?"
Vida sighed, before looking at them, her face gave a look, saying she was.
"I don't have any other choice." She sighed again. "It's too late to back down now." The door began creaking open-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shi (Death) walked towards the building, the patches of grass died around her. Her familiars prepping her up for the fight of life and death. She smirked at what they said.
"You G-g-g-got this," the glitched Celtic love symbol, named Badd Love, said. "I hea-hea-rd-rd this wolf is ju-ju-just starting out!"
"Yeah, she doesn't a chance, you are the top of your class, heck even the whole death clan right below your mother!" Serenity said, floating around her "owner".
"Thanks, guys, I am truly flattered. Mommy does love a challenge, but this will be simple target practice," Shi said, sitting in front of the door, killing all the grass within a foot radius of her. "Open up the door, so my practice can start." Her familiars started to open the door-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Shi walked in, her eyes closed, Vida stood, up gesturing for her familiars to move to the side, while Shi's moved to the other side.
"You're my opponent, huh?" Shi opened her eyes and looked at the life wolf. "You look just a-" She paused, captivated by the green hair, and eyed female. Her familiar's looked at each other, confused on why she was staring.
"Go on," Vida said. "I know I am weak, but I will avenge my sister, one way or another!" Growling, she showed her sharp teeth. Snapped, back into reality, the death wolf growling back, and started to use her magic, throwing death bolts at Vida. Vida tried to fight back desperately- but nothing helped. Her vines died, her life rain was turned into death acid, nothing she did worked.
Vida lied on the ground, her eyes closed, her fur had dark patches on it. Shi looked at her victim. Her eyes grew wide as she realized the mess that she has done, to her beautiful enemy.
"Go on, finish me.. At least I can see my sister again..." Vida said, waiting...and waiting... She was surprised when her familiars were healing her, has the enemy helped her up. Very confused, she began asking why she was helping her, but her opponent threw down her purple elixir-vanishing and returning to her camp. Shi would never forget the day she fell in love with an enemy's sorcerer. Neither would Vida.
BE NOT AFRAID... wrote:Image
╔═══════════════════╗

Beelzebub / Damien ➜ He/It/Neos
🕯️☁️♡.──────────────────────────.♡☁️🕯️
Abrahamic Mythology Nerd - Owner of Jelly Pastures

╚═══════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════╗

❝ In life, we hide the parts of ourselves
we don't want the world to see. We lock
them away. We tell them no. We banish them. ❞

But here? 𝚆𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝.
𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙾

╚═══════════════════╝
St. Seraphimz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Finished Entry

Postby Sathalina » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:03 pm

I really like the concept you created,
It gives me a good visual picture.

Life and death have always been at war, it's a refreshing read to see the two with a potential friendship.

Although I feel more could be added to the overall design of the dogs. I do really enjoy their hairstyles. Death having cobwebs as hair and life having a bushy green head.

Maybe if you could add some type of design on the coats of the two dogs. Maybe a more lively design for Vida and a more chilling design for Shi?
    " rotten to the core . "
    Satha - She/Her/They - ©
    Just three Kobolds in a trenchcoat.
    Trading pets
Sathalina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby St. Seraphimz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:17 am

Maybe I can add to them now? I just want to make sure it is fine by your standards, as it IS your contest, and I just want to make sure it is at least somewhat better. ^^
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════╗

them away. We tell them no. We banish them. ❞

But here? 𝚆𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝.
𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙾

╚═══════════════════╝
St. Seraphimz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sathalina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:31 am

Oh no please go right ahead, you can continue to do whatever you want with it up until the end of the contest O:
    " rotten to the core . "
    Satha - She/Her/They - ©
    Just three Kobolds in a trenchcoat.
    Trading pets
Sathalina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby St. Seraphimz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:49 am

:O I added some things ^^
I tried to go for a look surrounding their clan/side,
for example, a cracked doll to me sounds like a human breaking apart and slowly giving out.
Blooming flowers normally signify life and the blossoming of a new form of soul.
^^
I probably will add more until it's over. as I get ideas ^^
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════╗