Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: Zebra At Dusk~

Postby broodingtulip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey, some people need to look at stuff. If you can't be nice or don't like it, don't say anything. Your just jealous beause she can draw good. Some people need to look at a ref.
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:48 pm

LOL. Wow, have you seen all of her 'art'? She eye traces off of other people's art. I'm not jealous in the slightest.
Everything she /actually/ draws without copying is really...beginner.

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:54 pm

And there's something wrong with that? Because she can draw while looking at something and it turns out amazing. More amazing than you can imagine? If it was art theft, wouldn't this be locked by page 1? Would only YOU go against it, while others are inawe? Would it have 9 likes? Would I be sticking up for her? No. She is fantastic. She can look at something and draw it. I can do that too. There's nothing wrong with drawing good, or beginner. This should be featured, and you should stop being offensive toward beginners.
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asdfghjkla » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:55 pm

a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!
asdfghjkla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:57 pm

You use a ref for basic posing help, not eye-tracing it. There are tons more people who agree. And the mods probably haven't caught it, I've seen theft go undetected for weeks.
And I'M in beginners still. In the oekaki anyways, I'm much better outside it.
She's not fantastic. She's a thief and nothing more.

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:00 pm

soulrider000 wrote:And there's something wrong with that? Because she can draw while looking at something and it turns out amazing. More amazing than you can imagine? If it was art theft, wouldn't this be locked by page 1? Would only YOU go against it, while others are inawe? Would it have 9 likes? Would I be sticking up for her? No. She is fantastic. She can look at something and draw it. I can do that too. There's nothing wrong with drawing good, or beginner. This should be featured, and you should stop being offensive toward beginners.

I'm sorry, but I find THIS rude. Art theft is incredibly offensive to the original artists. Imagine, you draw something, you put work into it, you pour your heart and soul into making it just how you want it. Then someone looks at it, and steals it. Referencing is looking at something to get a general feel for how it should look. This is stealing. It is copying something exactly. It requires no creativity, no effort. No talent. It's a crime, and a bloody nasty one.
There is a very definite distinction between Stealing and Referencing. if you don't know that difference, then I sure hope you aren't looking a any of my art.

The mods aren't wizards, they haven't seen this yet. that's why it isn't locked.
Not only her.
Many art thieves get away with it, because people are unaware of the originals.
╭───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╮
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maxlet » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Also, if she looked at something to draw her art she should have posted a link to the picture. That way it doesn't look like she's claiming to do it all by herself...
maxlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Ya, but still... it's a Zebra. Zebra weren't anyone's creation but God's. Who knows, MAYBE she free handed it? I don't think it's based off any character or cartoon...
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Ananda Regalia wrote:
soulrider000 wrote:And there's something wrong with that? Because she can draw while looking at something and it turns out amazing. More amazing than you can imagine? If it was art theft, wouldn't this be locked by page 1? Would only YOU go against it, while others are inawe? Would it have 9 likes? Would I be sticking up for her? No. She is fantastic. She can look at something and draw it. I can do that too. There's nothing wrong with drawing good, or beginner. This should be featured, and you should stop being offensive toward beginners.

I'm sorry, but I find THIS rude. Art theft is incredibly offensive to the original artists. Imagine, you draw something, you put work into it, you pour your heart and soul into making it just how you want it. Then someone looks at it, and steals it. Referencing is looking at something to get a general feel for how it should look. This is stealing. It is copying something exactly. It requires no creativity, no effort. No talent. It's a crime, and a bloody nasty one.
There is a very definite distinction between Stealing and Referencing. if you don't know that difference, then I sure hope you aren't looking a any of my art.

The mods aren't wizards, they haven't seen this yet. that's why it isn't locked.
Not only her.
Many art thieves get away with it, because people are unaware of the originals.

I get it, but what if she DIDN'T look at a ref for this one? What, are you some creepy dude spying on her? I would HOPE not. And the others, I think they're fan art.
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maxlet » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:07 pm

soulrider000 wrote:Ya, but still... it's a Zebra. Zebra weren't anyone's creation but God's. Who knows, MAYBE she free handed it? I don't think it's based off any character or cartoon...

Please don't bring God into this. Yes, he made Zebras. However, someone else took a picture of that Zebra and from her past practices we believe she eye traced it from one of those photos.
maxlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me