Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: The greatest freak show on Earth. (The Big Lick/SORING.)

Postby pia » Thu May 31, 2012 12:49 pm

:/ Now, may I point out that ALOT of people dont do this? I know many breeders that are STRICTLY against this, and many shows up here do not let the people participate. Ive never seen anyone show in 'chains'. Now as for the shank. The hands make the bit. Anyone can make a o ring harsh. I ride my QH in a longer western shank. Know why the shank is long? So you Dont have to pull and yank on the mouth. Its there for sutile movements of the hand. Ofcourse im not speaking for all the riders/trainers. Just saying that even though ALOT do this, alot Dont.
Walkers have a high headset. Saddlebreds, Arabs, and ANY horse that doesnt have the conformation is going to have a higher headset from other breeds. A horse in pain will show it in its preformance and attitude. Just because you can see the horses whites in their eyes, doesnt mean that theyre hurt. Fear, Confusion and excitement can do this.
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

noot noot
pia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fakeviolinz » Thu May 31, 2012 1:11 pm

OH MY GOSH!I'M DOING RESEARCH ON THIS!Soring is terrible.How could they abuse such adorable animals?! D:
spencer - they/them - lover of rats and bugs
pfp drawn by my gf @maddoxdragon_ on ig ♡
fakeviolinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bears » Thu May 31, 2012 1:24 pm

I replied to the last video. If you'd like to read it please go to that video and read the comments. No swearing involved what so ever in the comment BTW. Tell me what you think! Or, if you can't read my comment, here you go...

Comment:
Do ANY of u know that doing what this sick excuse for a human is doing is ILLEGAL?! AND did u know horses die EVERYDAY because they can't get up all because of someone like U? This horse is in obvious pain, and u can see it. How do u make his steps so exaggerated? Chemicals? Creams that make irritation on his feet? Or do you put heavy chains there so it will be extremely painful? For all of u that are oblivious to the pain that horse is in, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVlxT_x-f0

adopts // leave a note

bears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OneRowdyNight » Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Pia wrote::/ Now, may I point out that ALOT of people dont do this? I know many breeders that are STRICTLY against this, and many shows up here do not let the people participate. Ive never seen anyone show in 'chains'. Now as for the shank. The hands make the bit. Anyone can make a o ring harsh. I ride my QH in a longer western shank. Know why the shank is long? So you Dont have to pull and yank on the mouth. Its there for sutile movements of the hand. Ofcourse im not speaking for all the riders/trainers. Just saying that even though ALOT do this, alot Dont.
Walkers have a high headset. Saddlebreds, Arabs, and ANY horse that doesnt have the conformation is going to have a higher headset from other breeds. A horse in pain will show it in its preformance and attitude. Just because you can see the horses whites in their eyes, doesnt mean that theyre hurt. Fear, Confusion and excitement can do this.

Agreed. I knwo many TWH breeders that show and win and DON'T do this. Some people have the greed to win. It ruins their horses, but let me say that it's not at a kiddy show that they do this type stuff. They're competing for huge amounts of money. I'm not makign up exucses, nor am I saying it's okay at all. Soring is honestly a terrible thing to do, but I think non-horse people on here need to research and learn before posting things. (No offense to anyone....)
Previously iRowdy/OneRowdyNight and all sorts of other things.

Rest In Peace Zax. I love you.
OneRowdyNight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu May 31, 2012 1:46 pm

.::Show Jumper::. wrote:I replied to the last video. If you'd like to read it please go to that video and read the comments. No swearing involved what so ever in the comment BTW. Tell me what you think! Or, if you can't read my comment, here you go...

Comment:
Do ANY of u know that doing what this sick excuse for a human is doing is ILLEGAL?! AND did u know horses die EVERYDAY because they can't get up all because of someone like U? This horse is in obvious pain, and u can see it. How do u make his steps so exaggerated? Chemicals? Creams that make irritation on his feet? Or do you put heavy chains there so it will be extremely painful? For all of u that are oblivious to the pain that horse is in, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVlxT_x-f0

It's not in pain, though. It doesn't look like it at all. The strides are exaggerated by both the gait and special training. This wouldn't kill a horse.

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fakeviolinz » Thu May 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Koiyote wrote:
.::Show Jumper::. wrote:I replied to the last video. If you'd like to read it please go to that video and read the comments. No swearing involved what so ever in the comment BTW. Tell me what you think! Or, if you can't read my comment, here you go...

Comment:

It's not in pain, though. It doesn't look like it at all. The strides are exaggerated by both the gait and special training. This wouldn't kill a horse.

Pain can kill anything.And yes,how about chemicals injected into your ankles or nails nailed into the quick area?Yeah.This can kill a horse.And it IS in pain.
spencer - they/them - lover of rats and bugs
pfp drawn by my gf @maddoxdragon_ on ig ♡
fakeviolinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bears » Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Over a long length of time it could. If the horse can't get up, then after 48 hours his organs get crushed under his weight. Maybe you can't see his pain. I'll be his voice for the moment thank you very much. Are you making excuses for the owners or something? 0.0 anyway, the horse may lay down too make his hooves less painful, and then not get up. The only thing keeping some of the horses in the videos alive is there owners beating them to stand in the morning. I know plenty about horses to know that.

Thank you nutella for explaining further!

adopts // leave a note

bears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 pm

That is just evil. I support you in trying to end this.
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

.::Show Jumper::. wrote:Over a long length of time it could. If the horse can't get up, then after 48 hours his organs get crushed under his weight. Maybe you can't see his pain. I'll be his voice for the moment thank you very much. Are you making excuses for the owners or something? 0.0 anyway, the horse may lay down too make his hooves less painful, and then not get up. The only thing keeping some of the horses in the videos alive is there owners beating them to stand in the morning. I know plenty about horses to know that.

Thank you nutella for explaining further!

Dude, I know. I work at a stable full of Saddlebreds, another gaited breed.
And who are you to be his voice? Your voice and his voice may be very different. No, I'm not making up excuses. I'm giving you facts. If they died so often, training Walkers would probably be made illegal. You don't really hear about massive Walker deaths, do you? Think about the Icelandic and its Tolt. That gait makes the horse's movements look odd, so shall we pick on that next? Saddlebreds pick their legs way up high when in show ring. So they;re being abused to do so?

And rofl, you know nothing about that. We don't beat our horses to get up, that's absurd. A horse would NOT let you near it if it was beaten every day. And beating them would leave scars and the such, something infavorable for showing. So why would owners dare do it? You're basically crowding all gaited horse showers into this category of abusers, who are you to label us?

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bears » Thu May 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Its IS iillegal. I'm not crowing any owners because I know plenty of owners who love their horses to the point that it would be an extreme loss if they died. And besides, SOME owners (NOT ALL) beat thier horses to get up. Watch all the vidoes and you'll find out. And I don't hear about 'major Walker deaths' because:
A) I don't live in a place where that would be popular
&
B) Reporters in my town don't really care about horses. It's not a headliner

Who are you to say the horse is not in pain anyway?

adopts // leave a note

bears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me