Pet Groups... A Suggestion

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Pet Groups... A Suggestion

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:18 am

While organizing our pets is a great and useful tool it's still lacking something...

I think it would be a great idea if not only could we create seperate groups but if we could ORDER them as well.

You can see with my own groups a vague attempt to keep them in some kind of order by adding a number in front of the groups name but that only works up to #9 and then it's pointless. (Unless you add onto 9 such as 9.5 and 9.55 etc...)

I don't know how difficult that would be to impliment but I, as well as many others, would probably appreciate it.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet Groups... A Suggestion

Postby Toastberg » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:56 am

Oh yes please... good idea. I had to put little stars in front of my favourites to keep them at the top.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RarityClarity » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah, I had the same problem, but I found a way to make up to 99 groups (100 if you make one group 00.) You make the first 01., 02., 03., etc. Then when you get to ten, you make it 10., 11., 12., etc. You just add zero to the first 9 or 10 numbers, and then you can get all the way to 99! xD I hope no one has that many groups ... that should work until (if ever) we can organize the groups to our liking. :]
RarityClarity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:50 am

RarityClarity wrote:
    Yeah, I had the same problem, but I found a way to make up to 99 groups (100 if you make one group 00.) You make the first 01., 02., 03., etc. Then when you get to ten, you make it 10., 11., 12., etc. You just add zero to the first 9 or 10 numbers, and then you can get all the way to 99! xD I hope no one has that many groups ... that should work until (if ever) we can organize the groups to our liking. :]

That's smart. I never thought to add a zero in front of the single-digit numbers
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:10 am

*pokes rather old topic with new idea*

I think it would also be great if we could organize how our pets are ordered WITHIN THE GROUP!

Right now they're automatically organized by their adoption date... which measn that sometimes my favorites have to stand behind my not-so favorites just because of the order I adopted them in.

I don't know how difficult that would be to code but DragCave has something similar with how you can organize your dragons on your scroll.
Image Image Image
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nitoa » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Aurorastar wrote:*pokes rather old topic with new idea*

I think it would also be great if we could organize how our pets are ordered WITHIN THE GROUP!

Right now they're automatically organized by their adoption date... which measn that sometimes my favorites have to stand behind my not-so favorites just because of the order I adopted them in.

I don't know how difficult that would be to code but DragCave has something similar with how you can organize your dragons on your scroll.

Yeah, that's what I want. ^___^ I could organize them by alphas and things. :D
all of my pets in my 'Freebies' group are free ~ just send a trade request!

my free art shop (open!)

(wait times may be super long for my free shop. i am much quicker with art trades! feel free to pm if interested.)
nitoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:23 am

That's exactly what I mean. A lot of people would like it.
Image Image Image
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xylophagous » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Jabbing an old thread not only to agree with whats already been suggested but also

Do you think there could be a delete group button .o. or is there and I've missed it?
Beepbeep
Xylophagous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 pm

It's right there at the bottom of the page, where you clicked the link to create the group in the first place.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Dunno if this goes here but, maybe it would be nice if the delete groups option also included the option to delete all the pets in it in one go? In the past deletion of a LOT of spares has been quite difficult. XD
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me