Suggestion about Begging Trades! (Dec 19)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Rule against Begging Trades please!

Postby Cinereus » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:37 pm

I don't get many trade requests, but I do get a few - none of them have been particularly outrageous, but maybe that's just because I don't have particularly rare or old pets.

Fiery Gatoh wrote:Its not quite that simple sadly. Most people have a trading group, and that trading group will quite often contain rares. People can still beg for those rares because they are in that group. Not sure I explained it right, but meh ^_^

I think that that can be expected, considering they're in the trades group, and so there is nothing inherently wrong with offering to trade for them. It would be more appropriate (than making a new rule altogether) if there was some way you could make note of the fact that you were more picky about trading x-Pet because of x, so that the newer members could just read it and know that they should use more discretion when offering something for that pet.
ImageImage
Gray | he/his/him
Cinereus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:48 pm

*hugs Fiery Gatoh who seems to think similarly to me on lots of things... go us!*
Thanks Mumble & Ashcloud too, you guys are awesome so I'm very glad you agree.

Kitsune-Chan: Thanks for that, if I get any more I will start reporting them. I didn't say anything about the first ones because I thought, ah well the trading system is new and it's only 1 begging trade... but they just kept coming. And I know poor Tess is so busy. But yeah, I'd like for extremely unfair trades to be reportable too (ie. butterfly wolves/common second Gens for July/August pets etc.) That's so close to begging it's not funny. And I don't blame Tess for being slow to update, I totally understand her being in 'omg so busy' mode. I have been 'omg so busy' a lot of times.

fluffers: I don't have a trading group, my pets are sorted by month because it would be time consuming to make a trade group, and I don't like the idea of throwing a batch of pets into a group where it's clear they aren't wanted. I know it's silly to feel bad for them, but =P

So yeah, as Shian sort of said, I'd have to block off trades to all my groups and then nobody could start trades with me X.x

Fruitysmoothie!: I find that sort of thing more insulting than offering nothing at all. Even the September horse for the Galaxy Dog is a bad trade, but a regular horse... that's just rude.

That's like standing beside a place with free boxes of 15 peanuts and saying, "I'll trade you a peanut for your giant chocolate cake please accept because you have 2 cakes." Lolno, I'd rather trade my second giant chocolate cake for a giant vanilla cake, or for three danishes. Wow I took that food analogy a long way lol.

Fiery Gatoh: I'm glad it's not just me being hounded, I thought because of my archive people realised I had older pets and that's why I was targetted. Although I'm sort of not glad because that means other people are in my boat and I'd like a different boat plzkthx.

Another thing, I don't mind trades where they offer nothing because one person did this but their note told me to look through their pets to pick out the trade myself, and I think this is a good thing to allow. The ones that offer nothing and have notes that say something like 'you have doubles and I want these pets so please accept the trade' are the ones I dislike.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Selcouth » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 pm

*Waves* Hey, I'm getting hounded too. -_-; It's not very common; but people DO bug me about them on occasion. Usually, I never get anything in return; people just ask for my pets with no explanation. I don't know how they get to them, though... I seldom ever post my pets anywhere. It's kind of stalker-ish, actually. o_o;
Selcouth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Sometimes I do entertain these "out of the blue" trades, especially if there's a pet in there that I'm really interested in. It's annoying most of the time, though.

I've come across a newbie try to trade a common rat and a butterfly wolf for the two growing variant of my October Tigers. I decline the trade and explain to her why it's not a fair trade. Then she says that they're in my Trading Group, that's why she wants me to trade with her. I explained again, adding that I'm not blaming her (she kind of said sorry in her PM, I think). Then she replied that she is (blaming me)?

Lolwut?

*sorry for the rant*
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Comanche wrote:
Fiery Gatoh wrote:Its not quite that simple sadly. Most people have a trading group, and that trading group will quite often contain rares. People can still beg for those rares because they are in that group. Not sure I explained it right, but meh ^_^

I think that that can be expected, considering they're in the trades group, and so there is nothing inherently wrong with offering to trade for them. It would be more appropriate (than making a new rule altogether) if there was some way you could make note of the fact that you were more picky about trading x-Pet because of x, so that the newer members could just read it and know that they should use more discretion when offering something for that pet.

I was refering more to the idea of people asking for a pet but giving nothing return, rather than simply starting up an unfair trade. For example, today I had someone start up a trade where they asked for both my galaxy dogs, a sun dog and numerous octobers, with nothing in return.

That is begging. Plain and simple.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:I was refering more to the idea of people asking for a pet but giving nothing return, rather than simply starting up an unfair trade. For example, today I had someone start up a trade where they asked for both my galaxy dogs, a sun dog and numerous octobers, with nothing in return.

That is begging. Plain and simple.

Oh. Yes it would be. That I can see as needing to be a rule.

I can give my own pets out for free but to have someone else ask for them for nothing? -_- Pullleeeze. You could at least ask first to see what I think. That's pretty darn rude.

Granted, this would hurt some of the other traders that have the traders that want the pets initiate the trade for free adopts so someone else goes through the ropes. Work for your pay and all that. I forget which thread that was though.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MiseryBliss » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:09 am

Attic wrote:Sometimes I do entertain these "out of the blue" trades, especially if there's a pet in there that I'm really interested in. It's annoying most of the time, though.

I've come across a newbie try to trade a common rat and a butterfly wolf for the two growing variant of my October Tigers. I decline the trade and explain to her why it's not a fair trade. Then she says that they're in my Trading Group, that's why she wants me to trade with her. I explained again, adding that I'm not blaming her (she kind of said sorry in her PM, I think). Then she replied that she is (blaming me)?

Lolwut?

*sorry for the rant*

Eh? this makes no sense...
*trots over the line, sits down and noms on cake*
As an avid collector, with almost the entire collection, I find that things like this are just insulting. I also had another thing to add, that is annoying. I had a july moon dog up for trade. One person offered a september rose dog, and I told them, No sorry already have that pet. look at my wishlist here: (sent link) will only accept rares for her.
They then sent me another trade, the moon dog for the rose dog pps (which was on my trades list, but seeing as I specified rares only...) I said no, sorry, only the raccoon tail or the july pps for her.
I then recieved another trade request from the same user, asking to trade the moon dog for an august balloon dog. I declined told them, please, only offer the raccoon tail or the july pps for her. I got two more trade requests after this, each time telling her to stop offering dogs that were not the raccoon tail or the july pps. I think that is just rediculous. I finally just said, "I have told you many times that I will only trade this dog for the raccoon tail or the july pps. please stop offering dogs that I don't want, or I'll have to report you for badgering me."
that stopped the requests.
I felt bad making the threat, but I didn't know if anything else would stop them.
Trinket is less than amused by this holiday.
MiseryBliss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benzene » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:50 am

Yeah I hate these trades e___e
I get like a least one every day D:
Just becaus ther\'rein my for trade section doesn't mean you should offer pets I can get for them -_-
MiseryBliss wrote:
Attic wrote:Sometimes I do entertain these "out of the blue" trades, especially if there's a pet in there that I'm really interested in. It's annoying most of the time, though.

Lolwut?

*sorry for the rant*

that happens to me alot too!
I keep getting n00b offers for my rare moon wolf and other july/auguts pets *just becaust they're in my trades section*

[this account was hacked on 6/11/19, and all my stuff was traded for offsite currency!! thanks sorren fey, tess and nick for helping me get my account + pets back!!]
Benzene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:09 am

Could always just chalk it up to a bunch of new people.

The site has 12534 registered CS users. 4523 of those registered in November. That's a little over a third of the population (36%)

No wonder I've been getting an influx of those trades that make you go 'huh? who in their right or left mind would trade an August dog for three newborn 2nd gens?'

It's just a ton of new people that don't understand rarity value yet.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pikachu » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:26 am

Yeeeeessss! Thank you >.> Yesterday I just spend the whole day here emptying my inbox which was filled with trades from noobs *coughFSTYcoughlococomcough* Rawr :/ It just bothers me...... I had earlier made a topic where I gave out pets from my extras group and the a flood of noobs started offering 2nd gens for my sun wolves and jokers and all my other Julys >.> I don't want to block trades because occasionally I do get a "fair" trade but..... this is getting to be a big problem, especially since we have to report them when Tess and thenickdude already have so much work D:
pikachu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me