Suggestion about Begging Trades! (Dec 19)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion about Begging Trades! (Dec 19)

Postby Solloby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:19 pm

New idea!
Nick, do you think you could incorporate a friendly reminder that begging is against the rules and link to the trade rules somewhere in the trading interface? Perhaps at the top of all trades that are being started, have a "Begging is Against the Rules! Please Read all Trading Rules before Trading" message or something like that, with a link to said rules. That way, newbies would more likely read them and understand. And beggars would have no excuse.

Old post:
===========================================================
Can we please implement some trading rules? I am starting to not feel excited about getting trade requests anymore because there's a good chance they will be begging for a July or August pet. If i want to give away pets, I will offer them to YOU. If you ask me for them, the answer will be NO.

Could there please be a rule against:
- Starting 'out of the blue' trades and not offering anything, or not asking them to pick pets of yours (so begging)
- Starting 'out of the blue' trades and only offering available cats, butterfly wolves, horses and/or Gen 2 dogs (I consider this begging, they are offering nothing since anyone can get them. With the new adoption rule an exception could be made for the uncommon Gen 2).

Regarding the last one, a trade offering 3 common gen 2 newborns from the 1st & 2nd litters for 3 July & August pets is just insulting. It implies I am too stupid to realise they are offering nothing of trading value (everyone and their dog has those gen 2s, and even if they didn't they could get them with a few mouse clicks) for 3 very rare pets.

And no, I will not give away my only few July pets to some random that starts a trade with me asking for them!! They are either for me to keep, or for trading for pets I don't have. And if I did want to give them away, wouldn't I give them away to someone that I really like here rather than a complete random that begs? Stop asking for them! Just because I have 2 doesn't mean I should give 1 to you! They will go to trades, stay with me or be given to good friends. Since I only have 1 spare of most, until I get the 3 July rares (which will probably never happen), I won't be able to consider giving them away unfortunately. But if I did get them then I do have a few people in mind I'd offer them to. Not beggars.

=========

Thank you to the 2 people who gave me nice gifts (HuskyLover in particular <3), the 2 people who offered reasonable trades that sadly I couldn't accept (a July - July trade & a 'I want these, please go through mine to see if there's anything you like' offer). The people who sent me very unfair trades, thanks for making an effort to pick out pets to offer, it shows you tried and I appreciated that.

I like getting trade requests but only reasonable ones. Begging & almost begging are not reasonable.
Last edited by Solloby on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rule against Begging Trades please!

Postby Mumble » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Agreed.

Entirely.
[ immense kudos to inari for making my avvie. <3 ]
[ *flashes grin* ]

[ yes, sirree, i take 2nd-gens! :B ]

[ visit my CS pets ] [ see my other pets ] [ read my story ]

Mumble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 pm

*crosses line to stand beside Solloby and Mumble*
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:06 pm

*crosses line to stand beside Solloby, Mumble, and Fiery Gatoh, and stares out at the 3000-something of the other CS members who are still thinking, and the ones who don't agree*
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitsune-chan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Hey guys ^-^

There IS a rule about begging really, to quote the trades rules:
2. Don't beg people for pets which they aren't offering for adoption/trade. Only ask people for pets which they have suggested might be available.

However, these rules were made before the new trade system. This is NOT allowed, the beg trades, the mods and admin have discussed it, however Tess has been busy with all she's doing for the site, she hasn't had the time to update the rules really T.T

I will see what I can do about editing the rules, but the real problem is, no one can MAKE people read the rules, even with how much we stress it, you know? Sadly, if they do not read the rules, it will continue.. But if you get these begging trades still, report the user. We will deal with them ^-^
Muwahaha.. >D
Follow me to meet my family! ^-^
Kitsune's Other Adoptables! Valenth, Dragon Cave and Others, Oh My!
Kitsune-chan's Art Thread...Oh noes! Dx
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Major thanks to Kay-chan for the pwnsome Albel and Kitsune dollies! *glomps*
Kitsune-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicEmily » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:44 pm

You are aware there's a setting to prevent this, right?
If you go into trade settings, there's an option that prevents anyone from offering to trade pets in a certain group.
Soo... Say someone was totally begging you for trade. (Well...I guess it's happening) Go into the group you dont want traded, and click on settings. Then just change the settings so noone can offer trades. Simple.

I for one, am on the side of people who think it's wrong to beg, but New Members may not even know the value and rarity of some pets yet. They may think it looks cool and have a desire to own it. That, is not wrong. There are new members dont have as much knowledge as other users that joined in, say, September, or July. It just seems to me people are getting mad that they don't know as much and are offering things that seem ignorant to some users, but reasonable to others. Is it really fair to yell at every new user who slips up?
MusicEmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Not at all, but that still doesn't make it any less tiresome to get excited to see trade messages... only to find out they are a ton of butterflies and cats for September dogs and newborn 2nd gens for July and August dogs with not even so much as a note of "I've been looking for these".

Yes, we could prevent people from sending useless trades by blocking off everything, but there wouldn't be any point because then we couldn't get legit trades we want either. It's a catch-22 where there's no real way to win.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicEmily » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Shian wrote:Yes, we could prevent people from sending useless trades by blocking off everything, but there wouldn't be any point because then we couldn't get legit trades we want either. It's a catch-22 where there's no real way to win.

The restriction only restricts people from offering you pets, but you can still offer to others.
MusicEmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitysmoothie! » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:06 pm

i agree i have been offered a horse for galaxy dog *jumps over line*
i live i a home with two users are jordan and allininice i trade often with them and i do not have multiple acounts
fruitysmoothie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:25 pm

fluffers149 wrote:You are aware there's a setting to prevent this, right?
If you go into trade settings, there's an option that prevents anyone from offering to trade pets in a certain group.
Soo... Say someone was totally begging you for trade. (Well...I guess it's happening) Go into the group you dont want traded, and click on settings. Then just change the settings so noone can offer trades. Simple.

I for one, am on the side of people who think it's wrong to beg, but New Members may not even know the value and rarity of some pets yet. They may think it looks cool and have a desire to own it. That, is not wrong. There are new members dont have as much knowledge as other users that joined in, say, September, or July. It just seems to me people are getting mad that they don't know as much and are offering things that seem ignorant to some users, but reasonable to others. Is it really fair to yell at every new user who slips up?

Its not quite that simple sadly. Most people have a trading group, and that trading group will quite often contain rares. People can still beg for those rares because they are in that group. Not sure I explained it right, but meh ^_^

I don't have as much of a problem with Newbies who genuinely don't realize that the dog they are asking for is worth much more than their horse, since I can explain to them why I won't trade and they will learn something out of it. But it becomes a problem to me when you get a Newbie who continues to beg and start up trades after you have told them that your not going to trade/that it is an unfair trade.

Practically everyday I have someone asking to trade a horse or a cat for some of the pets in my trade group, or trying to get free pets. Life isn't that simple people!
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me