Suggestion: Event/holiday sign or name on pet

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion: Event/holiday sign or name on pet

Postby Mother Of Dragons’ » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:27 pm

Hello! I think adding the event title or name or even a little symbol on the pet under the “chickensmoothie” sign would help TONS. I only suggest this because sometimes I can’t tell if a pet is from an event or holiday versus being from the monthly releases. If I’m not making sense or if you need a better/deeper explanation please let me know. (:
Mother Of Dragons’

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Event/holiday sign or name on pet

Postby huskyhiccups » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:47 pm

Some pets do already have an event tag on them. They're on some previous Christmas pets, too. I think it's up to the artist if they want to include the tag or not. Plus, small pets, like the bunnies, shouldn't be cluttered with lots of tags/writing/watermarks. However, it does help that the "CS" on the adult bunny I linked below is colored red and green.
    ImageImage

I do think there should be some consistency with the "Christmas [year]" tag on pets, personally, but ultimately I don't mind either way. I'd like to see a link to the pet's spot in the archive (under the pet like where the adoption date and such is), which has been suggested.

TLDR: I'm on the fence, but would like to see some consistency with tags on pets when it comes to events. :)
Last edited by huskyhiccups on Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜 HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! ❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ava » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:04 am

Huge support! It's always confused me why some pets have a holiday label and others dont. I've been doing a lot of sorting pets recently and it'd be so helpful if I didn't have to dig through the archive to make sure the pet I'm sorting doesn't belong in my 'Halloween 2019' folder for example.

However, I understand how it could appear cluttered especially on smaller pets as mentioned above. A visible holiday tag or a link to the pet's location in the archive would solve all my qualms and make sorting a breeze
╔══════════════════════════════╗
she/her ☀︎ adult player ☀︎ always down to trade!
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔════════════════════════════╗
hi, i'm ava! i've been playing chicken smoothie
on and off since 2015. i'm here to chill and
feed my pet collecting addiction.
i'm always open to dms & new friends!

╚════════════════════════════╝
ava

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:20 pm

Just want to add some clarification on the Christmas tags, they are intended to be used for pets that are based on previous pet designs and might be mistaken for them, such as GUPPS, species swap pets, etc. A good example being the blood dog litter from halloween 2009, which has a GUPPS the same advent, and it is sometimes mistaken as being from the original litter. However it does have the 'Christmas '09' tag on it to help make users aware that its not.

(just intended as a clarification since there seemed to be confusion, not reflective of my opinions on this suggestion)
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabidcoyote » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:07 pm

The clarification makes sense, but it's something that's always bothered me since the first halloween pets released had the event/year tag - it would be massive help with future re-releases if no "view pet in archive" function comes to life, and a godsend when it comes to grouping pets. Support!

x
𝕒 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗

they/them or it/its
hopeless sudoku conoisseur, historical ed teach enthusiast, relentless snake booper

Suggestion: Bring back CS contests

rabidcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Support, although I do feel like a find in archive button would be more useful
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets Real life got hectic and I somehow missed the whole month of May on here. Looking for all May pets, will keep WL updated as I go

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxic_love » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:08 pm

don't agree. I think all pets should have a plain white watermark and that's it. So many pets lately have different colored watermarks and I think they messy and cluttered on pets. I don't notice the watermarks as much when they are white, but with colored ones they take away from the look of the pet and draw all your attention to that one pet if it is the only one in a group with a colorful watermark.
ascension

Toxic_love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyte » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:50 pm

support. I hate that some have it and some don't. I would literally sit for hours and add it onto the images myself cs staff lol
ImageImageImageImage

hey y'all

im error/kyte.

i can be blunt and take things too seriously

i promise im not trying to be mean

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
kyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery