Add “Special Release” Pet Chance to the Monthly Adoptions

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should “Special Release” Pets be included in the monthly adoptions?

Yes!
83%
No!
17%

Total votes : 107

Add “Special Release” Pet Chance to the Monthly Adoptions

Postby BlossomTail » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:22 am

I’ve seen multiple users echo this idea — and wanted to make a separate thread to discuss!

As many users know, each time a horse is adopted from the monthly adoptions, there is an extremely low chance to adopt one of the three OMGSR zebras. With that being said, what is stopping all “Special Releases” or “UR” pets from being included in this chance?

The rate is unbelievably low, which gives everybody a chance, new or old to adopt these special release pets any day of the year, instead of limiting it to one day a year. As more than a decade has shown, this does not affect the rarity or demand of said pet, as all three zebras are still OMGSR and very difficult to obtain.

Instead, it helps players to circulate these pets more, and, even give others a somewhat easier way of obtaining trading fodder for their most wanted’s.

I would love to hear others thoughts on this, for or against! ^^
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Add “Special Release” Pet Chance to the Monthly Adoption

Postby Yoshikage » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:24 am

i didnt even know there was a small chance of receiving an OMGSR zebra.. oh wow
He/him • ISTJ •

• Hello, just call me Yos
• Feel free to send a trade.
• Certified silly guy. /j

Pls click my little guys
FR
DVTHWermzX
Yoshikage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kossen » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:27 am

You have a point when it comes to it not affecting rarity, but instead of Dec 18th special releases being offered year-long, I think adding a separate species like the zebra as an low chance would be better, as a lot of the special releases aren't animals
ImageImage
Kossen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlossomTail » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:43 am

suguru wrote:i didnt even know there was a small chance of receiving an OMGSR zebra.. oh wow

Yes! I believe it’s always been that way — in fact it’s the only way you can obtain a zebra, besides Dec. 18th! Which only furthers my belief other UR’s should be given the same treatment. C: It’s almost strange the other UR’s didn’t follow the zebras’ pattern.
| B e e |

user - tifftac

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:27 am

The current community poll that is up does ask if users are interested in more special release pets, but it looks like people are more interested in getting rares more often in monthly litters right now;
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4905490
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlossomTail » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:27 am

Celozon wrote:The current community poll that is up does ask if users are interested in more special release pets, but it looks like people are more interested in getting rares more often in monthly litters right now;

Oh — my understanding regarding that poll option was for new pets going forward; not necessarily implementing all UR’s into a chance pool.
Last edited by BlossomTail on Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
| B e e |

user - tifftac

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mouse 13 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:20 am

Celozon wrote:The current community poll that is up does ask if users are interested in more special release pets, but it looks like people are more interested in getting rares more often in monthly litters right now;

that's an entirely different suggestion. the poll you linked is talking about NEW special release pets being added.
This suggestion means OLD special release pets be put in litters, the same way the Zebras are.
Mouse 13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:06 am

No support in the current form, I'd prefer a new set of special/UR pets if they were to do that over taking some of the specialness out of Dec. 18th
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets Real life got hectic and I somehow missed the whole month of May on here. Looking for all May pets, will keep WL updated as I go

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:35 am

Support! I have adopted all pony/horse litters since May 2009 never pulled a zebra, so I think the odds are perfect to get more URs in circulation without tanking their rarity c:
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:22 am

Maybe food/objects could be exclusive to the Dec 18 box and the animals could have a tiny (same as the zebras) chance to show up in a monthly litter of their lineart. I assume Malk dragons, sitting cats, Tess horses, etc. would also stay in Dec 18 box only, as they are retired from monthly releases.

I agree that this would not lower their rarities. The chance is so low that it's negligible. But hey, just knowing there's a chance could inspire more people to log on every month and adopt, which would be good for the site.

I don't see why these are mutually exclusive. They might add a rare horse in a litter but zebras will still have a microscopic chance to show up. Why can't that be extended to more URs?
Last edited by Catsplat18 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery