Pardon C$ Debt

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should C$ Debt be Pardoned?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes : 205

Pardon C$ Debt

Postby PinkAngel » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:35 am

Note: Please no ranting/remain on the topic of C$ debt
Pardon Debt: means to remove debt/forgive debt/reset it back to 0.
Edit: Official Ways To Lower C$ Debt (there is also a screen shot below the post on how to get your C$ Debt to 0
(Reference+Celozon+52287)

—————————————————————————————/—///———
I am conflicted and confused on the C$ debt situation. I understand that the 1st party (hacked player) is not at fault for the situation occurring, but it is also not the fault for the 2nd party who received the items/C$/pets.

It is great to see that players will eventually receive notice if a trade is reversed, while reversing a trade to the rightful owner is perfectly fine, causing the other player to go into debt is not. (Reference-Nick+65)

I believe that C$ should pardon all player debt on the website, it is not the fault of the player(s) that the ChickenSmoothie website was vulnerable enough for accounts to be breached, it is the fault of the website who in turn is punishing the middle party.

From what I understand from browsing the various topics covering the issue;
Member 1 (hacked) gives Member 2 500C$ and Member 2 spends 500C$ for Member 3’s pet. And the trade of C$ is reversed between Member 1 and 2. Because 500C$ is no longer present on Member 2’s account, they become -500C$ in debt, yet they get to keep what they purchased with that 500C$ and Member 3 gets to keep that 500C$ while 500C$ is generated for Member 1 at the expense of Member 2. (Reference-winx+27725)

So it seems like the Member 2 is being punished for the faulty system. If Member 2 mainly obtains their C$ through selling event tokens, it could take them a while to pull themselves out of that debt. If Member 2 usually purchases a new rotation of store pets/store items, they now are barred from that until they repay the debt. And depending on the amount of debt, it could take the player a couple of months to reach a balance of 0.

ChickenSmoothie should accept that the accounts being hacked is a fault on their end and pardon all player debt. I am sure in the ToS that nowhere does it mention that players consent to the possibility of entering into debt.
I understand someone must eat the cost, I understand that technically Member 2 spent the currency and gets to keep everything and that Member3-∞ gets to keep the C$ that Member 2 spent, but putting players in debt is nonsensical to me, especially when it was a debt they did not consent to.

I am not someone who was affected, but I was a moderator for a pet-site for a few years and I would never advocate nor support the admins(‘s)/owners(‘s) decision for players to enter debt. Whenever something would happen and it is proven to be the fault on the websites end, players were always reimbursed and the situation/reasoning was always explained. Even if the cause was yet to be known, there was a post that the situation was being looked into. ChickenSmoothie should create a thread acknowledging what happened, explain the situation and the cause of the situation, talk about future-precautions/steps that will be taken, or at least acknowledge on the main news page that they are aware and looking into the situation.

It is unfortunate (nice for the victims) that generous players are pulling affected players out of C$ debt/reimbursing the affected players, as nice as it is, it should have never gotten to this point.

This is not a rant, it is hard to interpret emotion through text, but a suggestion for the website to remove C$ debt.

If the players would have knowingly/purposely taken-advantage of a glitch/bug that caused them the ability to spend C$ they did not own/have right to, then I would understand leaving them in debt. But players/or at least a majority of players were unaware that the C$ they obtained was something they did not rightfully own/had the right to spend, therefore leaving them in debt does not make sense to me.

I am looking for other peoples thoughts on the debt situation, do you support the removal of debt? Do you believe players should remain in debt? If I have the wrong idea of the situation, feel free to correct me through direct message.

—————————————————-
Edit: corrected spelling error

Edit: if you are an artist who is owed C$ but are a victim of a reversed trade, please send a ticket for staff to assist. (Reference-Aaron+497887)

Edit: C$ debt does not require paying real-life currency to remove debt. But your debt will be repaid a different way. Send a ticket to figure out alternative debt repayment.(Reference-Celozon+52287)

Edit: Official ways to lower/remove C$ debt Image(Reference+Celozon+52287)
Last edited by PinkAngel on Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 13 times in total.
PinkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pardon C$ Debt

Postby Lex. » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:41 am

For reference, we still do not get notified of reversals.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkAngel » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:45 am

Lex. wrote:For reference, we still do not get notified of reversals.

Oh, I thought I read people were getting notified finally. I will be sure to correct the post, thank you.
Click the icons if you want to join!
Please refer my Xanje user, poptarts.

I love having Wermz.
Praise the Wermz.
Let us all get Wermz!

PinkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rivvrstyx » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:48 am

Support, it’s very poor business to put people into debt (even if it is just virtual currency, it’s still the premium currency of this site) especially when they were not informed or notified about it. Even if someone technically gets back the “worth of the C$”, that doesn’t mean they’ll be able to sell it for the same amount. It’s putting a lot of pressure on players who didn’t consent to any of this happening, this is a site problem, not something players should have to handle.

It makes me very nervous about spending C$ in case I end up in debt, let alone buying it with my own money.

Image ImageImage
rivvrstyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theycallmenishta » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:49 am

As someone who's been thrown into C$ debt with no way of repaying it at this time, full support.
theycallmenishta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skylark » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:51 am

Support. It's not fair that the affected users have to pay a bunch of money or trade a ton of stuff to get out of hundreds or thousands of dollars of C$ debt.
They can't use the C$ system, indefinitely. Due to something that wasn't even their fault.
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby melti » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:52 am

i support.

i think its unfair to put anyone in C$ debt on account of another persons mistakes ,, even if they did spend the C$ they received it shouldnt take them into the negatives. i dont think this has ever happened before either ? really strange this is the way the staff took it, why couldn’t they just reset our C$ to 0.
𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋───-☆☆☆-─
hi! im leon :) he / him pronouns
transgender & gay - feel free to
PM me anytime.
art shop - csds
────𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋
melti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubbaberriboo » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:56 am

huge support. there is NO reason to force people to give their pets or items or art or whatever just to get out of the negatives. even worse, considering spending real money just to get nothing in return. it should not be possible to have a negative balance.

heyo, my name is bumble!
      i'm a non-binary adult who
      uses he/him or xey/xem
      pronouns. i hope you are
      having a lovely day/night!
      - - -
      pets for FR
bubbaberriboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:58 am

for reference to those not wanting to check, being 500C$ in debt can only be alleviated by spending at *least* 30 USD of real money to "pay the site back" and be able to even use c$ again.

while many may be in a position to pay that, I find it.... frustrating, shall I say, that victims of a hacking attempt are being expected to cough up half my grocery bill of money they might not even have for a security breach of the site they had no knowledge of or protection from, or even know the reason for if they aren't active on the forums right now.
Last edited by answrs on Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leonscharizard » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:59 am

huge support !!
leonscharizard