Add Notification for Reversed Trades to Trades (1) Tab

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Add Notification for Reversed Trades to Trades (1) Tab

Postby daybreak. » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:30 pm

Users have been experiencing an uncommonly large number of reversed trades over the past month (check out the Community Resources at the end of this post to learn how to protect your account). Regardless of why this is happening, I think there has been a lot of confusion and mistrust towards the process since users have found their pets missing without warning. Reversed trades should show up as unread in your trade center, and a notification for an unread trade should appear on the navigation bar, at the very least.

Additionally, I think this should be implemented before any more massive trade reversals are executed, and it would be even better to also get a notification as a PM with a stock message of this sort.

UPDATE: Reversals now come with messages from the administrator who reversed the trade:

(The site administrator --------- made this trade to reverse trade #105432890.)

This trade included pets or items from a compromised account so it needs to be reversed to return them. Sorry for the inconvenience!

It's something, though I still wish it contained a clearer explanation of the situation for the uninitiated, lol. I will leave my suggestion below:

Due to exceptional circumstances, a trade you participated in has been reversed. The pets, items, and/or CS you traded away (if any) have been returned to your account; in return, the pets, items, and/or C$ you originally received in exchange (if any) have been returned to your trading partner. If you believe this is a mistake, or if you traded artwork for the pets that were returned to your trading partner, please contact us by creating a Help Ticket. We apologize for any stress this may have caused.

I think these measures would go a long way to offset the panic surrounding recent circumstances, even if users are still upset over the outcome of the reversals, which is understandable.

I ask any users that comment on this thread please refrain from complaining about the trade reversals they've experienced here... though if any one can weigh in on how they think a notification system may have influenced their experience, I think that's relevant.

Thanks for your consideration~

Community Resources:

> If you're worried about the hacks and want to learn how to protect your account, check out Red Velvet's excellent thread on How to Keep Your Account Safe and kreideprinnz,'s CS Safety Guide as well as my little PSA below.

> If you had a trade (or several trades) reversed during June and you are confused about why this is happening, check out leonscharizard's thread for a summary of the situation and Nick's response explaining the admin team's actions.

> If you would like to share any trades that you had reversed, there is a topic by gravy in the CS Discussion board: What trades of yours have been reversed? *READ RULES*

> If you are unhappy with the result of a trade reversal, or if you traded art in exchange for pets that were then affected by a reversal, send a help ticket to try to resolve it. Keep in mind it may not be resolved quickly.

> If you lost pets you were very attached to during the reversal, PM me; I will see what I can do to help.

PSA:

It seems that most recent reversals have resulted from an uncommonly large number of CS accounts being compromised over the past week. These hacked accounts have been trading or gifting pets without the account holder's knowledge. As such, trades containing compromised pets have rightfully been reverted, and the pets have been given back to their original owners.

However, as discussed at the beginning of this post, this action has also generated lot of confusion and mistrust among active users who have suddenly found pets missing from their collections or seemingly generous gifts taken away from them.

As a bit of advice, I think it's healthy to be wary of quitting threads in the CS Free Adoptions topic, as well as of gifts coming from accounts holding these giveaways right now.

A good way to tell if an account might've been hacked and the trade you made is likely to get reversed is to go to the user profile and under user statistics, click to "Search user’s posts." If the account's forum activity goes quiet for a while before it picks up with a quitting thread in the CS Free Adoptions topic, it's a red flag.

It's not a sure way to tell if an account has been hacked—there's always a possibility that an active user’s account is hacked as well—but right now it's a good idea to be skeptical of this pattern.
Last edited by daybreak. on Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Add Notification for Reversed Trades to Tades (1) Tab

Postby sirenni » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:13 pm

here’s some ideas~

I think explaining in the admin reversal trade message about what exactly a reversal trade is will be very helpful. After scanning many of the forum discussions on this matter, I’ve noticed a lot of the messages were users completely confused about what a trade reversal even is and why it happened to them.

Many thought they traded unfairly or were even in the wrong in the situation, which in the current events, that wasent the case. After looking back, The whole panic of the situation is no surprise, many thought they did something wrong or plainly just didn’t know what was happening so there was a mass of messages and forums being made all at once.

I think big chunk of the confusion and anger could have been avoided if a longer and more informative message was automatically generated when a trade reversal takes place. Im not saying the situation needs to be identified in the automated message because that can take time and patience (it took at least till rollover to figure out an account was hacked) but a simple explanation of what exactly trade reversals are and the possible reasons why. I would also like to put that a little “this problem is currently being solved, please be patient while we figure this out” could be incredibly reassuring and comforting to many users. This allows for complete transparency and understanding so if a user has a question about trade reversals, there won’t be a spam of worried, scared users because theyve already received an informative run down of the situation.

Im sorry for the long post, hopefully this helps a bit <3
    “ ♥︎ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒔
    𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕
    𝒆𝒙𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎
    𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇
    𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ”

she/her - 09.16 🤍
sirenni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pumpkin~Spice » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:15 pm

Support!
ImageSignature made by: Wookieinmashoo Profile Picture made by: stormfox
Pumpkin~Spice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ROX.mp4 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:16 pm

support!!!!
I've quit, if you need me im here for art and art only, pm me and I'll try get back to you. Will quit fully once my art cons are done and ive finished with current commissioners
ROX.mp4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ItsAsher0 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:17 pm

Support!!

Asher. Gamer! . Asexual . Cxrrupt
He will never escape. You are next.
.Atticus. Storage. err... yeehaw. ©

Art by Plunch!
PFP by SHIFTING TENDONS!
ItsAsher0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Add Notification for Reversed Trades to Trades (1) Tab

Postby ilya » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:56 am

support
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138

pfp by kai <3

ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deathbyfire » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:02 am

I support this, I don't see why reversed trades should be marked read in the first place. Wouldn't everyone like to know that their trade was reversed? I also support the idea of a more detailed explanation for the reason behind the reversed trade.

Celozon wrote:This board is for suggestions, please do not continue to make topics for unrelated things.

We cannot always give out details about reversed trades as we must protect user confidentiality, and it is unfair to tell the whole site about someone else's personal problem with their account. If you have an issue with a reversed trade please send in a help ticket.

Additionally I would like to add that when a trade is reversed you received whatever you paid in the trade back. If you 'lost' C$ or pets than that additionally means you gained whatever you paid for them back. The only time this wouldn't be true is if it were an art payment, offsite trade, etc. In which case you should send in a ticket to get that addressed.
(this is where the post came from, I have bolded what I thought was relevant since it might be a reason a mod will point out and lock the thread for)

I don't agree with keeping users in the dark about the reversed trades they've experienced. I also don't think we should have to send a help ticket for mere details about what has happened. When trades are reversed we should have something to look at as to why it happened, no?

Again, support for a better explanation behind reversed trades & for it to count as an unread trade!!
──── my insides are red and yours are too ⟡
deathbyfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:55 pm

Support <3
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Over support I didn't even know my stuff was gone until I looked at my fox I dressed up with items.
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weekday » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:57 pm

huge support. didnt even realize my trade had been reversed. really disappointing, i now need to re-add all 16 of them to my wishlist.
weekday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me