tiered / multiple custom block lists

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

general thoughts?

this should be added
80%
this should NOT be added
20%

Total votes : 30

tiered / multiple custom block lists

Postby HEXORCISM » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 pm

x
i think this is different enough from the other suggestion & i didn't see it in the directory or anywhere else so-

a "tiered" blocking system would be quite useful i think, being able to separate who is blocked from doing what rather than using one set of rules for every user on your block list. and, since we already have different user lists (blocked, friends, and general user groups), tickable rules for pet groups, and custom folders & filtering for pms, i don't think it would be too terribly difficult to implement? different toggles on a per-user basis would be even better but i think that'd be difficult and messy, especially when it comes to viewing a list of who is blocked with what disabled.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

as an idea (improved upon original by feathermoth);

• custom lists similar to pm folders that can be created / deleted whenever.
  • "rules" for a list can be picked from a set of predetermined rules via checkboxes.
    • for an idea of what can be disabled / enabled individually: pms, trades, profiles / signatures, ability to post on personal threads
    • the user's profile would likely still be visible to blocked users until both pms & trades are disabled as these are usually accessed via the profile
  • when blocking, a list of checkboxes similar to pet group rules would come up to select which group to put the user in? the ability to move users from list to list without unblocking would be great but i don't think necessary.

the original idea can be found here.

i know personally if i followed the idea of 'block anyone who makes you vaguely uncomfortable for any reason' i'd have a good chunk of users blocked; i did follow that once and had over 150+ people blocked for various reasons and,,, it made it very hard to still do much on cs.

so i think a tiered system could help solve some of those problems without also unintentionally isolating a user from the community. it may even encourage users to use the block system rather than what were once-allowed dni lists or tolerating something uncomfortable to still be able to interact with the community.

in addition these suggestions would pair well imo:
Last edited by HEXORCISM on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: tiered block lists

Postby Yaeli » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Personally I'd like to see a check-box system where you could select any combination of: PM's, trades, signature/avatar, threads.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tiered block lists

Postby HEXORCISM » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:16 pm

feathermoth wrote:Personally I'd like to see a check-box system where you could select any combination of: PM's, trades, signature/avatar, threads.

the entire time i was writing this thread i felt like i was missing something and i think this was it lmao

if i'm understanding this the same way, i think this would be a much better option! sort of like a mix between the pm folders and group trade rules? a maximum number of custom lists can be made like folders. user-selected tick boxes of preset rules to create a new list. might be even easier to implement than the other two since we've got the message & pet group systems that can be worked off of.

i'll update the initial post w this idea & probably move the original onto this one just so it still exists but everything is organized and easy to read on the first post, though probably not rn bc i've got a headache jnhbjn

moving the original idea under here to keep the main post more organized & easy to read;
generally, i think, trades would not be on the lowest end as both the art & trade community would use it often. traders would use it for, er, trading pets & c$ while the art community would use it more for one-sided payments.

as an idea:
    1. a lower tier block list for minor blocking. maybe just disabling pms and/or profiles.
      - probably would still allow the blocked user(s) to still view your own profile, as trading isn't disabled.
      - just disable signatures & avatars rather than collapsing posts perhaps?

2. a mid tier for disabling the above as well as trading.

3. a higher-end tier for the above and disabling posting on personal threads.

even 2 tiers (1 and then 2+3 combined) would be a great upgrade.

i'm not entirely sure on what level different interactions would be on, since i find some can be more "disabling" or "serious" than others and those would probably also be very relative to what each user does the most on this site. someone who is more on the art side of cs might find disabling pms or profiles less serious than trades and posting on personal threads, while another user who is on cs more for trading might find disabling posting on personal threads and profiles less serious than trades & pms!
    HEXORCISM

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: tiered / multiple custom block lists

Postby useless witch » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:15 am

I'd rather just fully be blocked because currently there's some people that have me blocked but I can view their profile and pm them and I keep forgetting and trying to trade them and it doesn't work

It's honestly really annoying but there's your tiered starting point /genuine
    Image •Ванда• Image
    ImageImage
    useless witch

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:54 am

I like this idea a lot. Support!
    Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
    I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
    Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
    Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
    nickjr

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:16 pm

Support ^^
    ╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
    guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
    ╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
    Aurora Storm
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby raiden » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:31 am

support! i think being able to sort blocked profiles from "not interested in seeing" vs "bad person stay away" would help with the "why did i block this person?" conundrum, haha
    snake/wolf. he/they/she.
    trades. kalons. nishinekos.
    pfp: kaiyodo revoltech
    i'm your number one fan!
    Image Image Image Image Image Image
    raiden

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:42 am

rexx wrote:
      support! i think being able to sort blocked profiles from "not interested in seeing" vs "bad person stay away" would help with the "why did i block this person?" conundrum, haha

yes!! i can never remember why i blocked someone for the most part, and while its been a bit easier since i cleared most of it months ago, its not something people should have to sacrifice to know who is "worse".
    i'll add this into the little reasoning bit at the bottom when i get home so people dont have to dig for things!
    ImagexxxImage
    you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
    HEXORCISM

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby -Keith- » Thu May 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Yes please, much support
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxYou should never ever feel
    xxxbad being who you are, at
    xxxthe cost of upsetting other
    .xpeople. You should be allowed
    .xxto be who you are, who you
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxwant to be, to be safe and
    xxcomfortable in your own skin,
    xxand not feel attacked in that.
    xxxtext text text text text text
    xxxxxxxx- Jacksepticeye
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    -Keith-

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri May 06, 2022 12:18 am

Yes, please. I have a couple people blocked for other reasons but the rest is over trade reasons. Blocking for trade reason also blocks anything they post on the forums, which is not what I want to do.
    Wookieinmashoo

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me