suggestion for browsing the pet archive

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

suggestion for browsing the pet archive

Postby wishbone! » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:54 am

the archive has a pretty good way of finding all of the pets of CS, but it still has a lot of potential.

you can only browse the archive by artist, type of lineart, and date. the filter is for pet or artist, not both. if the system was updated to include rarity and the ability to layer filters (species + artist instead of either/or), I feel like it would be especially effective.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: suggestion for browsing the pet archive

Postby fishstix. » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:48 am

I agree with this uwu
Being able to search up rarities and the line art + artist would help me a lot
fishstix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:16 am

A rarity search has been suggested multiple times before (not sure if it's ever been denied though) and pretty much the same response always comes up;
    Rarity filters would not work well. Pets show up by litter, so if you set the category to, say, uncommon, if the litter had even one uncommon pet, the entire litter would show up, even if the rest were all commons or so. It's also this way when you look up by lineart, but it mostly works fine because pets are pretty much always released in litters of the same lineart, the only times we really get mixed lineart litters are during events, and very rarely in regular adopts.
    Such as if you set the filter to "chicken" and go to something like Easter 2017, there are two cats there as well, because they were released in the same litter as the three chicks. So if there were a rarity filter, the same would happen. It would work pretty well with rare+ pets because it often turns out that the entire litter is rare or mostly rare+, but sorting uncommons and under would be pretty much useless - almost all litters have a mix of uncommon and below. So if, for example, you were looking for uncommons, there is only one uncommon dog in this litter from November 2014, but the whole litter would show up with it. As would every other litter with a single uncommon pet in it, even if the rest are common/very common, etc. Pretty much - there's no point in using it from any pet under rare.

Though I have always wondered why we can't set both lineart + artist at the same time, support for that~
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║