Provide more ways to spend c$

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Does CS need more C$ spending options?

Yes I don't know what to do with my c$
79%
No I think there is plenty
14%
I don't get involved with c$
6%

Total votes : 214

Re: Provide more ways to spend c$

Postby pochita » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:13 am

Support
Image.

spy car

formerly -sleepy
pochita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarknessANDLight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:04 am

I've been looking through this thread because even from just the 2 years I've been on this site, c$ values for pets have inflated like crazy. Store pets every 2 months might have been enough then for C$ to stay at a reasonable value but now there is way too much c$ for all of it to be spent on just the store pets. Some of my ideas are exactly like everyone else's I just wanted to list what I thought

1. Limited/Yearly Store Items

Recently there were some random events such as the Pirate day and Origami. I think those would be perfect to release some limited store items, the items could be priced from anywhere from 1c$-100c$ to make some items rarer than others, and it isn't limited to just random events. Limited items could come out every month, they could be like store pets, they could even be connected to the store pets every month. Then there are events like Easter and Christmas where there could be new items available to be bought. Some items could be limited some could not, but I think it's important to state which items could become available in the store again and which ones are a one-time thing. I think that having limited items that are in store for only a few days will make people actually spend their c$. I don't think anyone is rushing to buy any items that are in the current store as most of them have been there for years and likely will stay there for a long time. Limited items to be purchased with c$ would be in my opinion a great way to have some people use c$.

2. Extra Store Pets/Monthly Store pets/Limited Pets in Store

I think that it could be the same for pets in the store, limited pets could come in events and never come out again. I also definitely think they should throw in some store pets with growing pets, this has nothing to do with c$ I just want to watch some store pets grow. I also don't think that store pets should all be priced the same they could vary from anywhere between 15c$-250c$ depending on the pet. Instead of store pets every 2 months they should come out monthly, or at least a new set should come out monthly and the other can stay in store for 2 months. I also think that some months should have extra store pets and there should be pets available in the store for just a few days for events such as April fools and Valentines' day. Anyways the point is, more store pets to spend c$ on

3. Small Account Change/Upgrades

These will be available with c$ not real money. Nothing that involves cs pets but little things such as an extra space under your interests to put a quote, and extra more spaces to put stamps in your collection, just little things that only cost around 10c$ each.

Honestly, these are only a few of the ways that the inflation of c$ can be stopped but I definitely think something has to be implemented to make their value go up instead of down. Right now the only way you can get someone to swap FR gems for c$ is 1c$ for 3 FR gems that's like trading 5 USD for 2.50 USD, that's half of their value.
DarknessANDLight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 am

I think this needs to be brought up. Not saying your ideas are bad, but I’d like to point out a little problem with customising your account using C$ and why it probably won’t be added unless it was super cheap.

Store pets and items are tradeable and can be picked up from the Pound and L&F, meaning that even someone who can’t afford them can still get them. Although other sites have customisation options that can be paid for, it’s not really the focus of CS, and would change the way it worked. So although it’s a good idea, it’s something that would only be available to users with C$. If things like stamps, themes and customisation were tradeable though, this could work, but it’s quite a complex thing to add. Or if they were super cheap so any user could get them, but someone without c$ would have to work a little in order to get them (e.g. 4c$ to unlock all pay-for site themes).
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NocturnalPanda » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:08 pm

rileypillow wrote:I think this needs to be brought up. Not saying your ideas are bad, but I’d like to point out a little problem with customising your account using C$ and why it probably won’t be added unless it was super cheap.

Store pets and items are tradeable and can be picked up from the Pound and L&F, meaning that even someone who can’t afford them can still get them. Although other sites have customisation options that can be paid for, it’s not really the focus of CS, and would change the way it worked. So although it’s a good idea, it’s something that would only be available to users with C$. If things like stamps, themes and customisation were tradeable though, this could work, but it’s quite a complex thing to add. Or if they were super cheap so any user could get them, but someone without c$ would have to work a little in order to get them (e.g. 4c$ to unlock all pay-for site themes).

I think it's not so much the customisations that there would be problems with, but the suggestions of 'account upgrades'. Customisations like extra site skins, stamps etc. or other cosmetic features that don't impact how you actually play the game would be cool, and I think would be fine as they don't affect gameplay. (And I don't think would be super expensive anyway, at least I would hope not!)

I don't think paying for new features like quality of life updates (pet sorting, enhanced archive features etc.) would ever happen. I suggested a very similar idea last year because I had been thinking along the same lines, but it was immediately shot down by literally every person who commented. A lot of these features people are suggesting are features that actually affect how you play the game, and also features that players have been asking for for years and years. If they ever got implemented they would be implemented for everyone and not put behind a paywall.

I get why it's an appealing idea, but just think how you'd feel if they finally gave us multiple wishlists/a hoard wishlist but then you had to pay for it. There would be absolute outrage. The team have stated time and time again that CS will never be pay to play, and I think if you start having to pay for quality of life features, then it does become that as you are paying to have a different/enhanced gameplay experience.
NocturnalPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:56 am

^^^^ I completely agree with NocturnalPanda about everything they said.
Cosmetic upgrades I’d be so down for spending c$ on. Let me make my trading page purple, let me pay c$ to have the purple or black new mobile skin on the site. Etc. (and of course more store pets and etc)
I would be down for putting c$ into certain QOL upgrades as a whole site donation type of thing (or voting on future QOL updates) , but like Panda said above it really just is this site updates that we need. FR does tons, and I just want CS to try to keep up with some, too. Not just put them behind a c$ paywall.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:46 am

DarknessANDLight wrote: Right now the only way you can get someone to swap FR gems for c$ is 1c$ for 3 FR gems that's like trading 5 USD for 2.50 USD, that's half of their value.

it's about 5.5 gems per 1C$. The reason that is is because you get more gems per USD than you do with C$.

Something I would want to avoid is massive money sinks. FR is ridiculous in how much stuff costs on the site. It costs 20 USD to change the species of a dragon. That's absurd. I don't want to see CS get like that and I really don't want to see absurdly priced items. Just more options and more releases would be better.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☠puppy gutz!☠ » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:50 am

support! theres adoptables but thats not rlly,,, cs-based,,, more stuff FOR cs to spend C$ on would be great :O

about dolly wrote:DOLLY'S SIG IS A WIP I GOT BORED OF IT <3
☠puppy gutz!☠

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:53 am

I don’t believe customization needs to be tradable in order for it to have a place on cs. Not everything needs to be tradable. Customizing is not something that will effect you if you cannot afford to purchase it. Plus I am sure a lot of people could afford it since you can trade for c$ and there is so much out there that these days it isn’t hard to come by. I think having the ability to trade profile customization would actually make things more complicated because how people would have to figure out how to value things.

And yes I agree QoL updates should not be put behind a paywall. I don’t think something like that should have to be bought.

But little things like I want a purple profile, or a cool stamp, I definitely see people paying for that.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:21 am

The Last Raven wrote:I don’t believe customization needs to be tradable in order for it to have a place on cs. Not everything needs to be tradable. Customizing is not something that will effect you if you cannot afford to purchase it. Plus I am sure a lot of people could afford it since you can trade for c$ and there is so much out there that these days it isn’t hard to come by. I think having the ability to trade profile customization would actually make things more complicated because how people would have to figure out how to value things.

I was more meaning stamps and profile add-ons, trading was just an idea and it would require a lot of additions in order for it to actually work :) Anyone can add more ideas, these were just a few I thought! I don’t want CS to turn into a website where you have to pay for pretty much everything, or everything begins to cost C$, because it would change how it worked and leave a lot of users out. I’d love to see customisation options, but at a cheap price, because a lot of websites have really cool themes that cost a ridiculous amount.
As I suggested earlier, they’d be very cheap to unlock all, because I don’t think they’d sell well otherwise :) I think this would work best and be able to added quickly without the need for extra ideas. I never considered it could become a trading competition with that idea, so I’ll stick with my other idea.

Feel free to add on to my ideas, and hopefully with enough suggestions we can add this and more! :)
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:45 am

Bump
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──