[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby .zombie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:21 pm

so, now that nick has verified that store pets will not be rereleased for now, should we figure out how we might conserve them for the future?
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:33 pm

grr. wrote:
so, now that nick has verified that store pets will not be rereleased for now, should we figure out how we might conserve them for the future?

There is no way to conserve them since members have the right to keep them permanently on their account.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarbyPoodle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:42 pm

What if there was a "lootbox" per say, that was released every once in a while. These "lootboxes" would have a few pets in them, kind of like the December 18th situation, but you could pay a certain amount of real money for these or C$. Like I would easily pay anywhere from 30-50C$ (which is only $5 in real life, so it's still reasonable) if I knew I would be able to get a random Dec. 18th-like box with past pets in them. It would recirculate these pets more frequently rather than just once a year. Just as it only costs $5 to buy all four store pets (the tigers at least), it would be the same situation. Not everyone will be able to buy them, just like not everyone is able to buy the store pets, so I believe that they would still have some rarity without becoming common or OMGSR. It's just an idea I've had for a while.
DarbyPoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:04 pm

WASSAP wrote:
CS Help wrote:Hi there,

We currently have no plans to re-release store pets.

This reply was sent by Nick, a member of our Administrators group.

A reply from Nick I just got. Looks like things will remain as it is now. In the meantime, the rarest store pets will continue to grow in rarity. Best to get them soon in case any second chances never happen.

Since store pets aren't going to be rereleased I don't think there's much value in continuing this discussion further, at least not this year.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Solloby, the discussion is about the archives.

If pets are to be considered relics and not part of a full collection as Tess said back in 2009, then the suggestion is to move them to a separate section of the archives to make it clearer that people do not "need" these pets.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

DarbyPoodle wrote:What if there was a "lootbox" per say, that was released every once in a while. These "lootboxes" would have a few pets in them, kind of like the December 18th situation, but you could pay a certain amount of real money for these or C$. Like I would easily pay anywhere from 30-50C$ (which is only $5 in real life, so it's still reasonable) if I knew I would be able to get a random Dec. 18th-like box with past pets in them. It would recirculate these pets more frequently rather than just once a year. Just as it only costs $5 to buy all four store pets (the tigers at least), it would be the same situation. Not everyone will be able to buy them, just like not everyone is able to buy the store pets, so I believe that they would still have some rarity without becoming common or OMGSR. It's just an idea I've had for a while.

that would be a form of gambling which is not allowed. This point was already bought up. Also if you paid a dogtag for a high demand store pet and someone got one by "luck" for 30-50 c$ that would be very unfair and frustrating.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarbyPoodle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Oh I hadn't thought of it that way, I am still newer and trying to understand everything. My bad, and good point!!
DarbyPoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:42 pm

LLHBBB wrote:that would be a form of gambling which is not allowed. This point was already bought up. Also if you paid a dogtag for a high demand store pet and someone got one by "luck" for 30-50 c$ that would be very unfair and frustrating.

Technically what someone else pays for their store pet is their own thing. ^_^ Some pay dogtags, others sorbets. Doesn't mean that the sorbet payer worked less hard, though I get your point I suppose with the money.

I don't know if giving the store pets a special label in the archives right now is a good idea? It will just make demand soar higher, won't it?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:46 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:that would be a form of gambling which is not allowed. This point was already bought up. Also if you paid a dogtag for a high demand store pet and someone got one by "luck" for 30-50 c$ that would be very unfair and frustrating.

Technically what someone else pays for their store pet is their own thing. ^_^ Some pay dogtags, others sorbets. Doesn't mean that the sorbet payer worked less hard, though I get your point I suppose with the money.

I don't know if giving the store pets a special label in the archives right now is a good idea? It will just make demand soar higher, won't it?

I suggest not touching this stuff until the list is settled with updates.
So, could be a year or slightly less until everything settles down.

By then we will probably have another one / few store pets OMGSR though. Maybe it is best to wait until we have more than one OMGSR anyways.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet (SEE POST 1)

Postby gallifrey falls. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:09 pm

I agree with @ElementalInsanity; making the store pets have their own archive will make demand sky-rocket. People already pay main lists (when demand is high) for the Raven, what would happen if it was given another separate "list" for it to be on. Same for the Liontails, Lolita, and other popular store pets.
    I'd say if people want to consider the store pets separate and not needed for a complete collection that's fine (I see them that way myself) but there's no need to affirm that by making a separate archive for them.
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo