[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Postby beemo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm

FreddyCenobite wrote:Not to be Debbie downer, but whatever we do we're kind of screwing someone over regardless. Just sayin'.

With these suggestions that everyone is making, yes. Which is why I don't think anything should be done and we should all listen to Tess.

These pets are not part of a normal collection. They are not normal monthly adopts. You do not get them for free. They should not be rereleased.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm

y'know i'm about to fall asleep at my computer right now, i should probably stop posting on a debate thread buuut...

I suppose the incentives thing is true, but I feel like it's kind of weird to think one day a pet that was released to the public just like any other could become as rare as a custom.
    I know my previous posts don't really show it too much but I'm more or less neutral on the situation. While I'd like to see the store pets come back in to circulation, just thinking of how cool it will be when I (and I'm sure many others feel the same) have what's basically equated to a custom.

I dunno, just my slightly messed up two cents ;u;
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby taurus ; » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Beemo wrote:
FreddyCenobite wrote:Not to be Debbie downer, but whatever we do we're kind of screwing someone over regardless. Just sayin'.

With these suggestions that everyone is making, yes. Which is why I don't think anything should be done and we should all listen to Tess.

These pets are not part of a normal collection. They are not normal monthly adopts. You do not get them for free. They should not be rereleased.

Yeah, I'm going to agree. Store pets are special, they shouldn't be rereleased. They aren't needed for a full collection because they're separate, people are just making it seem that way because they see someone with a pet they don't have and complain about not having it themselves. If anything, that in itself is greed.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:21 pm

calcium wrote:Yeah, I'm going to agree. Store pets are special, they shouldn't be rereleased. They aren't needed for a full collection because they're separate, people are just making it seem that way because they see someone with a pet they don't have and complain about not having it themselves. If anything, that in itself is greed.

I would disagree and say it's a bit greedy to keep the store pets as future near 'customs' and as a status symbol, tbh. ^^"

Again, I would say a poll would better show how many are against a rerelease and how many are for one instead of this going back and forth.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:29 pm

We all have our own reasons, some are greedy, some aren't. Pointing fingers or calling each other things isn't going to help in any way. My opinion is formed and based on things Tess has said in the past. Even if I didn't have ANY store pets whatsoever, it would be the same.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:06 pm

I know I said I won't be in contact until Feb 10 but I have to make this post

I've been keeping up with the thread and I really do think there is a lot of misunderstanding and misreading going on.

Please be careful. I am honestly confused at some of the replies I'm seeing because I'm like "but that wasn't mentioned/that's not at all what the person is saying/you're replying to something that wasn't even said......" way more often than I expected

Edit: since I'm here and I was the one who brought up kicking the store pets from the archives, here was my thought process and I don't know if I made it clear:

Tess posted in 2009 that she doesn't view store pets as necessary for a full collection.

Okay so I can understand not rereleasing them but why are they in the archives and why do they appear the same as all other pets?? They just look like any other pet. There's nothing to set them off. They look like pets needed for a full collection. Do you follow me? All they have is the label "Store pets" and even the label looks the same as any other label. If you're going for a full collection, you're going for everything that's addable to the WL.

I'm a bit blasé with the emotions of the masses, so I suggested booting them. I would also support the separate archives thing.
Last edited by nickjr on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:14 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
calcium wrote:Yeah, I'm going to agree. Store pets are special, they shouldn't be rereleased. They aren't needed for a full collection because they're separate, people are just making it seem that way because they see someone with a pet they don't have and complain about not having it themselves. If anything, that in itself is greed.

I would disagree and say it's a bit greedy to keep the store pets as future near 'customs' and as a status symbol, tbh. ^^"

Again, I would say a poll would better show how many are against a rerelease and how many are for one instead of this going back and forth.

i feel as if a poll will provide inaccurate results. most list traders dont even know about this discussion we are having?

also, @nick dont know what you mean exactly but?
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:17 pm

grr. wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

i feel as if a poll will provide inaccurate results. most list traders dont even know about this discussion we are having?

Agreed, and if it is a site poll, many new players will probably choose to re-releasing them.
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:19 pm

@grr lol this is why I need to stay away from online contact :lol: this will be my last post unless something else happens here, I swear

I thought I explained myself clearly in my post on page 3 with the original suggestion. In fact I even offered an alternative suggestion of only removing the add to wishlist button for store pets. Apparently people don't like reading through important discussions so.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:31 pm

nickjr wrote:@grr lol this is why I need to stay away from online contact :lol: this will be my last post unless something else happens here, I swear

I thought I explained myself clearly in my post on page 3 with the original suggestion. In fact I even offered an alternative suggestion of only removing the add to wishlist button for store pets. Apparently people don't like reading through important discussions so.

Speaking of mis-reading,
Accompanied by booting the store pets from the archive so that they're only recorded in user guides OR keeping them on display somewhere official but without being able to add them to your on-site wishlist

This is not at all what I said.
I said, that the store pets need to be on a separate archive list so it is very clear that these are novelties, not part of the CS collection. Not remove them entirely. What kind of sense does that make? That would make them into semi-customs really quickly.

You also need to be able to add these pets to your wishlist or those that trade or sell their multiples can find people that are looking for them.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me