Suggestion: Pings avaliable on CS? 400+ SUPPORT!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should member mentions be added into CS?

Yes, I Support! (Post why down below)
94%
No, I Don't Support! (Post why down below)
5%
Other (Post Below)
1%

Total votes : 677

Re: Member Mentions Suggestion @member name : 116 USERS SUPP

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:19 am

Support, it gets rally annoying when no one answers you on a thread
hello! :)
Bunnyhop627

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wadanohara » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:21 am

I would love this!
'I do shopping lists when ever store pets come out, feel free to PM me if you'd like to settle one with me !'
Wadanohara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby username by me » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:47 pm

No support, If this was used properly it would just be a neater version of quoting which is really unnecessary considering the amount of coding it would take to create, and not the button, the pages that you would have to see to view your pings. Otherwise, people could over use it and add people who are not relevant to their post just because they want it to be viewed. If you really want to keep track of the replies to your posts, just ask people to quote you at the bottom of their post so you can search for replies with the search button. (Or even use the invisible color if you want the text to be neater). All in all, CS is not a social media site so it really does not need this.
...............Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
...............Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
...............beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness
...............that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I
...............to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
...............Actually, who are we not to be?
...............~Marianne Williamson
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythic » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:20 am

username by me wrote:No support, If this was used properly it would just be a neater version of quoting which is really unnecessary considering the amount of coding it would take to create, and not the button, the pages that you would have to see to view your pings. Otherwise, people could over use it and add people who are not relevant to their post just because they want it to be viewed. If you really want to keep track of the replies to your posts, just ask people to quote you at the bottom of their post so you can search for replies with the search button. (Or even use the invisible color if you want the text to be neater). All in all, CS is not a social media site so it really does not need this.

All the coding is already made, it would just need to be patched in. This is explained somewhere in the past pages.

And CS is a social media site. A social media site is anywhere where multiple people get together and talk. People who go here find it hard when they are active on multiple threads and and can't find everyone who replies. And the search function does not work with people with special characters in their name.

And with anything it could be overused. Like pms, should we disable them because people can put multiple recipients on them? This can be fixed by a bit of reporting when people overuse the function.

Also it will be disable-able. So if you dont like it you don't have to deal with it.
Mythic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Member Mentions Suggestion @member name : 121 USERS SUPP

Postby lucisabsentia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:59 am

I would honestly love this, because I just ran into a situation where I didn't realize that someone had answered a question of mine on a post that I had made a few days ago because there is no system. I would hate to get a message just because someone has replied to the post (this would be a HUGE problem on the longer threads where they are adoption/swap/free pet threads, and unnecessary), but allowing people to ping me specifically when they are answering me would be great. I don't know if you get a message when someone quotes what you said, but considering a lot of people don't quote (I myself don't unless I am pointing out a very specific part of a long post - if someone is just asking a simple question, there is really no need to quote the entire thing back to them, and very often people don't do that).

There's basically three choices - no notification system, a ping system, or a system where you get a message every time someone posts on a thread you were in. The latter, as I said, would be horrible, but having no system in place is also not ideal.

That is my opinion purely from a 'will it be useful/helpful' standpoint and not from a technical standpoint because I know nothing about coding.
lucisabsentia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anastasia » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:13 am

Mythic wrote:
username by me wrote:No support, If this was used properly it would just be a neater version of quoting which is really unnecessary considering the amount of coding it would take to create, and not the button, the pages that you would have to see to view your pings. Otherwise, people could over use it and add people who are not relevant to their post just because they want it to be viewed. If you really want to keep track of the replies to your posts, just ask people to quote you at the bottom of their post so you can search for replies with the search button. (Or even use the invisible color if you want the text to be neater). All in all, CS is not a social media site so it really does not need this.

All the coding is already made, it would just need to be patched in. This is explained somewhere in the past pages.

And CS is a social media site. A social media site is anywhere where multiple people get together and talk. People who go here find it hard when they are active on multiple threads and and can't find everyone who replies. And the search function does not work with people with special characters in their name.

And with anything it could be overused. Like pms, should we disable them because people can put multiple recipients on them? This can be fixed by a bit of reporting when people overuse the function.

Also it will be disable-able. So if you dont like it you don't have to deal with it.

Sorry for butting in, but another pet-adoptable site by the name of Goatlings has a ping system and no one (to my knowledge) has ever pinged (pung? Idk lmao) someone randomly just for views. Its too much work to add a long list of usernames to a post lol. So tbh, I don't think it would be much of a problem. However, Goatlings does have a smaller (but very active!) community though so it could possibly be different for CS.
But it prob wouldn't be an issue ^-^
Anastasia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Member Mentions Suggestion @member name : 121 USERS SUPP

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:16 pm

bump!