[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 am

Shian wrote:The horses have a limit on the number of times you can adopt it. Store pets don't.
Also, this suggestion is just more gambling. Click the button until a ticket is spit out. What a great thing to teach a minor.
There's a reason store pets don't grow: what you see is what you get, avoiding any wasted money.

Store pets used to grow before though right? The punk dogs grew, the seal dogs grew... I mean was that the reason they stopped it?

Also I agree, I don't think the ticket way would be good for that point, people could just keep adopting until there was a ticket.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
Store pets used to grow before though right? The punk dogs grew, the seal dogs grew... I mean was that the reason they stopped it?

Also I agree, I don't think the ticket way would be good for that point, people could just keep adopting until there was a ticket.

Yeah, the punk dogs grew but the adult versions were posted up with the "This is what your dog will look like if it grows!" so there was no surprise like there is with monthly adopts or anything. Since the beginning there's always been some caution in that regard. I'm not sure if that's the reason it was stopped or it was just decided that it was a waste of time to make earlier stages for something people knew what it looked like. It wasn't stated to my knowledge. I'll look around and see if there's any info that says one way or another.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:35 am

whenever the bun is re-evaluated, i can already see people wanting like, dogtags for them.. i know that seems like a stretch, but im seeing people offering high demand lists for a skelebun, when bunnies are an un-liked species (mostly anyways). i saw one offering a joker, straight swap, for the bun. that is quite insane since most people don't want to trade their jokers for anything less than at least 1.5 - 2 nons these days..
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:59 am

R e d p a n d a wrote:
    whenever the bun is re-evaluated, i can already see people wanting like, dogtags for them.. i know that seems like a stretch, but im seeing people offering high demand lists for a skelebun, when bunnies are an un-liked species (mostly anyways). i saw one offering a joker, straight swap, for the bun. that is quite insane since most people don't want to trade their jokers for anything less than at least 1.5 - 2 nons these days..

Thats relative. Bunnies arent a hated species. Theres def enough people that do like them. And jokers have taken a dive in demand, i traded for one recently and paid a yel tox plus line trib and red x pps. 'Fair' at list placement sorta.

people offering things now is just like people offering on the new urs. Its just a momentary jump in dmeand, itll settle down.

I thhink its also important to learn from other websites. Eldemore anyone? They released a 'gamble' box where you could pay a certain ammount of their c$ currency and would get a random older store pet. People who didnt get the rarest one got upset,people who couldnt afford te box got upset and people who could afford the box got richer then they already were, and the pets, some were def hurt in rairty and overall value. There was such a backlash that te box was retired and hasnt been released again since.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:14 am

Eldemore's implementation was flawed because it was gambling. We aren't proposing gambling. Rather people pay its current value for a VERY limited number of re-released store pets that are borderline impossible to get. Not ones that are hyped up. Ones that are legitimately excessively rare. This would preserve their availability and worth while capping demand.

I do not believe this would make the "rich richer". If anything, this would cap rarities and thus, overall worth. And the "one per person" limit keeps them from being hoarded by a single rich user.

And like I said before. Many users buy store pets for lots of reasons. It may not be liked that a rerelease commands a high price. But its there to protect all current owners of that pet as well as all future store pet purchases.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 am

I don't like the idea of them being removed from the archives/unable to be added to people's wishlists. My question is: why? Sure, some of them are hard to get, but trading is a thing. As difficult as it can be to get certain pets sometimes, there's bound to be someone eventually who's willing to trade. For those people who want a complete collection, it will make it very frustrating to remove them from the archives because then they would have to hunt through people's groups one by one.

I do like the idea of store pets possibly being re-released, if a way can be figured out that works! One thing though, which store pet became OMG So Rare?
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:14 pm

I feel like I've suggested something similar to this before at some point, but why don't we have some sort of function with banners that only show up on December 18th? Let me explain-

December 18th rolls around. You adopt your 3 pets, you're browsing the site, and, suddenly, you notice a banner at the bottom of the page. Likely excited and/or confused, you click it and receive a prompt showing you a picture of the store pet randomly chosen for you, as well as something underneath that says something along the lines of:

Hey, you found a wandering store pet! These are quite rare, and you got pretty lucky! It's worth about C$*insert amount here*, would you like to keep it?
    Yes! (Takes you to a page like the one for when you buy a store pet)
    Not now. (Takes you back to the previous page)

Notice: Now that you have found this banner, it will not go away until site rollover to December 19th, or until you buy the pet.

These banners would be as rare as getting any pet on the 18th (So about a 1/However many pets are on CS chance), and would be available on every page you go to as long as
    A.) It's still the 18th
    B.) You've been on the page with the banner (I.e. You check your posts and it shows up there, but you don't see it. It will be on every page you go to as long as banners can appear there.)

I have B. there because how upset would you be if you found this rare pet and missed the opportunity to get it because you wanted to go about your time on CS and left the banner page, or you just didn't see it?

While you could argue that this pet would be like getting a fourth Dec. 18th pet, you have to keep in mind that some of these store pets will eventually be costing you upwards of C$1000, which, when translated into USD, is A LOT of money for a virtual pet. I think that's enough of an argument.

This would remove the gambling aspect (Unless you count banner hunting as gambling haha), would keep them rare, make it so everything is still fair for those who bought it back when it was first released, and would add a bit of a fun treasure hunt aspect to the 18th (Or at least I think it would be fun >.>"). Of course, not everyone would find these banners, but does everyone get main lists on Dec. 18th? No, of course not, so you can't say it gives anybody an unfair advantage.

I'd love to hear opinions and critiques on this because right now the only problem I can think of would be coding because I have no idea how something like this would be coded into the system :?

@Gallifrey - The Skelebun storepet from 09 went OMGSR in the most recent rarity Update c:
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm

The only problems I see in this raffle system and or banner systems:

That's a lot of work for Nick to do on top of other work (item pound and troubleshooting, anyone?)

Whose to say that lucky user who gets say this bun will not then turn around and demand, say a dogtag? How is that fair that they got it for little or nothing and will then demand something outrageous like everyone else?

On eldemore they released a free custom pet competition last year. In 6 months I found two users demanding a ur tiger for said customs until they gave up. They didn't want them for anything other than profit and they won by pure luck. How will this not be repeated on here? Unless they lose the ability to trade said store pet - which in itself is unfair - I don't see how this will be prevented.

Not to be Debbie downer, but whatever we do we're kind of screwing someone over regardless. Just sayin'.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:58 pm

FreddyCenobite wrote: -snip-
Not to be Debbie downer, but whatever we do we're kind of screwing someone over regardless. Just sayin'.

This is very true.
We release the store pets for free? Someone's unhappy.
Release them paid? Someone's unhappy.
Release them through banners? Someone's unahppy.
Release them randomly? Someone's unhappy.
Never release them? Someone's unhappy.

At this point it's really more "How do we make as few people angry as possible?" than "How do we do this without upsetting anyone?". There's no way for us to do anything without somebody getting angry/sad/etc. Unfortunately we just have to figure out how to minimize that number since there is, quite literally, no way to erase it altogether.

i hope that made sense, i think my brain is starting to melt :')
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:01 pm

FreddyCenobite wrote:The only problems I see in this raffle system and or banner systems:

That's a lot of work for Nick to do on top of other work (item pound and troubleshooting, anyone?)

Whose to say that lucky user who gets say this bun will not then turn around and demand, say a dogtag? How is that fair that they got it for little or nothing and will then demand something outrageous like everyone else?

On eldemore they released a free custom pet competition last year. In 6 months I found two users demanding a ur tiger for said customs until they gave up. They didn't want them for anything other than profit and they won by pure luck. How will this not be repeated on here? Unless they lose the ability to trade said store pet - which in itself is unfair - I don't see how this will be prevented.

That is exactly my fear, about the demand shooting so high people demand stuff like dog tags and moonswirls for them.

I wouldn't make a gamble to make the demand shoot up. It could not do much, or shoot up.

I completely do not support the re-releasing of any store pets at this moment. This is from someone who desperately wants to hoard the drink me.
The store pets are extremely special and I like them that way. So what if they become unobtainable?? You all keep mentioning how they were just "incentive" for supporting the site at the time.

I am guessing the store pets being removed from the archives idea has died down, or at least I am hoping.

I am thinking it's fair if the store pets become the highest valued pets on the site eventually. I mean, it's pixels.. I get it's good to bring a few back into circulation but I just.. I can see a lot of negative things happening, both while and after the pets are re-released. Too lazy to list them all. Maybe later.

This post is kinda just thrown onto here so if I make no sense, oops.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me