[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 am

Aliena wrote:snip
Probably it would be an idea to rerelease them on December 18th but to limit the released pets on a maximum for about 3-5 pets or so and also to only release the store pets that are really impossible to find anymore so they don't stay unobtainable and will stay at least a bit in circulation. Plus this way, everyone would have the same chance getting one

Giving them out for free isn't really an option since people have spent real money to get the pets in the first place.

grr. wrote:
i cant seem to find the reason why you guys want to remove the store pets for the archives?? is it because they dont count as pets..?

I'd definitely recommend reading through the thread if you've not done so already!
    As we've established re-releasing any store pets is inevitably going to be unfair to someone, and that store pets were originally intended as extra kind of supporter tokens and NOT as parts of a complete collection, we're suggesting removing them so that this is clear to new players so that they don't feel there are pets that they need for a complete collection that they'll never be able to get.

@People who are opposed to removing them, do you have any ideas as to how we could establish this another way?

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:29 am

Probably not the best idea ever when it comes to re-releasing store pets, but I'd like to just throw this out there.

Say, we have a box just like December 18th, but with store pets. A person opens this box, and it shows them a choice of three store pets with their respective prices. The person does not own any of the store pets until he or she buys them with the C$ price listed under the pet of their choice. The pets they see are the pets they get; they cannot be randomized to get something different.
I am fennec.
Hear me scream.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any pronouns

Flight Rising

Youtube
(Mostly dance videos,
some animation stuff)

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:32 am

@Irisidium It was already brought up perhaps moving them to a different type of section in the archive. I still don't support that, however. Any type of change that will be done in that sort of way will make people way overprice the new store pets. Let alone the reason again of if they can't be put on a wishlist it will be near impossible to find them.

Or we could just not move the store pets at all in the archive. It isn't as if they have to be removed? I honestly don't know why this came up in the first place, it will cause a lot more frustration than it will solve anything.

There's also the option of just, well, stating that? Stating that they shouldn't be counted as part of a complete collection if they really are never to be re-released.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:33 am

What about releasing them again every now and then the same way Zebras are getting released?
When you adopt from the monthly horses, there's a I believe 1:40000 chance to adopting a Zebra instead of a regular monthly pet.
Would it be possible in any way if we did the same with the store pets? I mean, that if you buy a store pet or a pack of store pets that there would be a very small chance of getting a very old store pet too.
Or like someone else already mentioned on here, that there might be tickets or something like that. For example you buy store pets and there's a really low chance of getting a ticket. That ticket isn't trade able (if that's possible) and gives you the opportunity to buy another single "ticket store pet", which will be any random store pet that ever got released.
This way they would get released very rare times but people would still have to pay real money for it?
Last edited by Ꭺlina on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:34 am

Scarlet Janefox wrote:Probably not the best idea ever when it comes to re-releasing store pets, but I'd like to just throw this out there.

Say, we have a box just like December 18th, but with store pets. A person opens this box, and it shows them a choice of three store pets with their respective prices. The person does not own any of the store pets until he or she buys them with the C$ price listed under the pet of their choice. The pets they see are the pets they get; they cannot be randomized to get something different.

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me, it would also up the value of C$.
How the pet is priced is he problem. From their current C$ price?
If it is the current price, then it would be pretty expensive to buy the bun. As most people are thinking it would move up to around the non area, which is 1100C$(?).

@Aliena
I don't think that is a good idea, as someone mentioned before it's kind of like gambling. I don't think we want people to gamble on pixels.
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:39 am

lucky333123 wrote:Maybe instead of removing them, there could be a disclaimer on the Store Pet page telling people that store pets are not considered part of a complete collection on CS. That way members know but it also doesn't cause the demand to go crazy if they are moved somewhere else or removed.

@Irisid I rather not have them removed because it will increase demand and cause confusion.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:41 am

lucky333123 wrote:Maybe instead of removing them, there could be a disclaimer on the Store Pet page telling people that store pets are not considered part of a complete collection on CS. That way members know but it also doesn't cause the demand to go crazy if they are moved somewhere else or removed.

Just about to suggest this but then I saw your post. :B

I can agree with this. It'll let members know they aren't part of a complete collection, just special pets that are originally purchased with premium currency. I feel like this is a good option because it's basically giving us what we want, to let people know they aren't part of the collection, and to allow people to still keep them on their wishlist.

I still don't agree with them getting rereleased ever and have made my points already.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 am

@Aliena Tess has already stated before a free option isn't going to happen. It's unfair to those who previously bought them. ^_^ So any free options aren't likely to happen.
Edit: However, that last option of possibly paying isn't bad? It still seems more like a gamble, but if we were to take that as an option and expound I wouldn't exactly be against it.

@ \\\ Well we won't know where the bun gets moved to until the rares list gets redone, so I'd hold off on saying where people think it might be moved to for now. ^^" This isn't just about the skelebun, a lot of pets would -I imagine- be high priced. Which makes sense, of course.

@lucky Not a bad idea honestly, if store pets don't ever get rereleased I think that would be the best option. ^_^

It's hard to get a tally of how many are against/for a rerelease, though. Would a poll be an option for something like that, just to get an idea of what people really think? Because I'm seeing a sort of half and half.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:08 am

Aliena wrote:What about releasing them again every now and then the same way Zebras are getting released?
When you adopt from the monthly horses, there's a I believe 1:40000 chance to adopting a Zebra instead of a regular monthly pet.
Would it be possible in any way if we did the same with the store pets? I mean, that if you buy a store pet or a pack of store pets that there would be a very small chance of getting a very old store pet too.
Or like someone else already mentioned on here, that there might be tickets or something like that. For example you buy store pets and there's a really low chance of getting a ticket. That ticket isn't trade able (if that's possible) and gives you the opportunity to buy another single "ticket store pet", which will be any random store pet that ever got released.
This way they would get released very rare times but people would still have to pay real money for it?

aha,, i was about to post something about the zebras as well.

we must be careful if we are going to support the december 18th rerelease idea, which to me seems the most obvious way to rerelease the store pets.
remember this?-
On June 1st 2010, there was a mix-up with the way Zebra's were released, and there was a 7% higher chance of getting a Zebra. This was rectified after about 10 minutes, but there were about 14 extra Zebra's adopted that month. This slightly lowered the over all rarity of the Mountains Zebra, which is the more common of the 3 Zebra's.

Although it would be "easier" to find, releasing any amount of the skelebun will cause its rarity to significantly lower. As well as this, if too many of a pet is released we may have a problem.

also in terms of the archieves, removing the store pets isnt necessary what so ever. Most CS users are never going to see this thread and our discussion. If we remove them from the archives it will cause more problems than solve. Also, most users consider store pets to be pets if that makes sense. Those who strive for a full collection want a full collection, not a "full collection" minus one hundred or so pets.
Anyways, competition and complexity is vital for chicken smoothie to function. Most users would go beyond their expectations to obtain what they dont have [ex- store pets]. This keeps demand steady, which impacts rarity, circulation, blah blah. I mean whats CS without a challenge lmao
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:18 am

The horses have a limit on the number of times you can adopt it. Store pets don't.
Also, this suggestion is just more gambling. Click the button until a ticket is spit out. What a great thing to teach a minor.
There's a reason store pets don't grow: what you see is what you get, avoiding any wasted money.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me