Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby Queen of the Kings » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 pm

I support! It wouldn't make a difference to me because I don't have a problem with it, but I can see how when you are quickly looking at your pets and don't read the text that it would be very easy to mix up common and very common.
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poserpanda » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:53 pm

No support. Just take more time to read what the text says. Or be more patient when sorting pets. If you take time to actually look through what color their rarity is, instead of skimming, then your problem is solved. Sure the color for Very Common could be different, thereby easier to see, would be nice. But some of these posts sound like laziness. Except where computer quality and vision handicaps come in.

"Ten Bears: It's easy to become confused by these questions. Before we take action we need to talk about this some more at another time. That is all I have to say."
Image]
Poserpanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:03 pm

If posts sound like laziness, consider this: some people have very little time on CS, for example: full time jobs, school, rules about screen time, and they don't have the time to sit and stare at the screen going through the pets at the rate of a snail.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN

ImageImage
Hi! I'm Erin/Eren/Aaron. Um.
Not sure what else to put here...I
guess, I'm kinda an average
teen...ask my pronouns, please.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN!━━━━━━━
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
to die for lack of love is horrible.

the asphyxia of the soul.

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:55 pm

AmberStrike wrote:No support. Just take more time to read what the text says. Or be more patient when sorting pets. If you take time to actually look through what color their rarity is, instead of skimming, then your problem is solved. Sure the color for Very Common could be different, thereby easier to see, would be nice. But some of these posts sound like laziness. Except where computer quality and vision handicaps come in.

"Ten Bears: It's easy to become confused by these questions. Before we take action we need to talk about this some more at another time. That is all I have to say."

I consider myself lucky that I have less than 100 OMGSC and VC pets in my trade groups. I feel really, really bad for the people with 1k+ OMGSC and VC pets in their trade groups if they sort them by rarity.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Night Visions » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:04 am

DaDwarf wrote:

There are all rarity labels C: As you can see, the star slowly goes up. IMO it's quite easy to see the difference between common and very common, not only by the color but also by the star. So no support from my side C:

I agree with DaDwarf.
So no support from me either ;)

Hey, I'm Night Visions!

Feel free to call me Night or Nighty :3
I'm obsessed with Supernatural, as well as many other things,
so feel free to send me a PM any time if you want to talk c:
I don't bite...much (;

My Quiz
Night Visions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxygenet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 am

I support this, as I have an old computer as well with a screwed-up color display to begin with. Turquoise would be better, or perhaps we could incorporate magenta into the spectrum? You know, OMGSC=blue, VC=green, common=yellow, uncommon=orange, rare=red, very rare=magenta, OMGSR=purple. I've found when drawing things with all colors that it looks nicer with pink anyway, and I think this would be good. It would take people time to adjust, obviously, but this is the best way I can think of. Besides just changing it to a bluer color, but then we would have two blues...
galaxygenet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:17 am

I support this, especially since it is a quick fix and has few if any downsides, but I want to say something about colors for the rarity bars first:

I have mild synesthesia and associate words, letters, and numbers with certain colors. I was lucky that when I came to CS, most of the rarity bars were colors that lined up with my colors. The ones that didn't I still cringe at, but I understand them better and can sort of recognize them now that I've been here a year. The very common bar, if changed to the turquoise color originally suggested, will mess me and others like me up and will take years to get used to, if I get used to it at all. This might be hard to understand if you are not synesthetic like I am, but it really messes you up, like the tests where yellow is written in blue or whatever. You have to really concentrate. If the rarity bars change, only one should change and that as slightly as possible. The coloring Perseoona used would work for me. I fully support that it should be changed, but I definitely don't want the whole spectrum to change, like Porpora and others have suggested. And I know what you haters are thinking: "You'll just get used to it after a while." Except I and other synesthetic users won't. Synesthetic associations don't just change because you "get used to" something else. You are born with synesthesia and your associations develop as you learn, and then they don't change. I don't know how much support this input will get, especially because I have no idea how many CS users are synesthetic, but I wanted to add it to the discussion.

If I sound negative, it isn't on purpose, and I fully support this idea. I just wanted to add input to which colors should be chosen if the rarity bars do change, and make a point that if they change it may be harmless to you, but it may not be harmless to others.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am

... Now I feel bad since I completely forgot about synesthesia >.<

I also like perseoona's coloring very much. It's actually a noticeable change while keeping the base colors the same. (There's significantly more blue in their VC coloring, and the higher amount of blue on that base blue-green coloring helps to keep perseoona's VC color distinct from the OMGSC and common colors.)

Originally posted on June 11, 2014. Bumped.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:45 am

Night Visions wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:

There are all rarity labels C: As you can see, the star slowly goes up. IMO it's quite easy to see the difference between common and very common, not only by the color but also by the star. So no support from my side C:

I agree with DaDwarf.
So no support from me either ;)

I agree, but you can really only tell if they are together. If you are quickly skinning though Very Commons with no Commons near it, it would be hard to tell the difference between them.
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittehhcat » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 am

Supporting, it would be nice to have a new rarity color.

Kittehhcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me