Mass deleting pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Mass deleting pets

Postby kitty teeth » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:14 am

*~*PenderGhasm*~* wrote:
bat teeth wrote:Why not delete pets?

Well, firstly, when someone sends a pet to the pound it doesn't 'rot' there, but can be used to bulk out pound openings, we cant have pages and pages of rares now can we? the pound would empty in days.

Secondly, the number of users on CS fluctuates all the time, new players join, old ones stop coming on, why shouldn't there be pets that are super easy for newbies to get? S'not like vc and c pets aren't as neat as some r vr & omgsr ones.

Thirdly, if CS stays online for years and years to come, those common pets are going to get rarer, even if it takes older players going inactive, we don't need to artificially contribute to that by deleting them. Think of how many sundogs and moonswirls might have been deleted, especially if you've never been able to get them.

You've got a great argument here, too!

However, I don't think pets really "rot" in the pound. I've even watched some of my pets I've sent to the pound get adopted pretty quickly (these were uncommon and below pets). Like I said in my last post, mass deleting and mass sending to the pound should both be options. I personally have deleted some pets and I've also sent many pets to the pound--even some CS user owned pounds!

Definitely fluctuates; especially during holidays like Christmas, there's always a ton more users online and even new users (hehe, we see you double accounters, bad lol). There's many, many CS user owned pounds that are really easy for newbies to adopt from, there's even a "free pets" forum. Lots of newbies and even older users can skim through the 100's of pounds and giveaways there. I've even won some list pets from skimming through there!

You do have a good point on how pets will get more uncommon over the years, but it often takes years for something to be actually worth it. In my opinion as well, the "dead" accounts with old, old rares/popular list pets are just considered deleted pets because they'll never be traded again; I believe CS mods don't delete accounts with pets on them. So no matter what, there will always be unobtainable pets, delete option or not.
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badass skeleton » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:18 am

no support.
badass skeleton is no more
badass skeleton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lanayru » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:42 am

Support. I firmly believe people should be allowed to do what they want with their pets and that includes deletion, I don't see why making it easier to delete multiple pets would be bad AS LONG AS you still need to double confirm like you do now to prevent accidental deletions. There would also need to be a BIG CLEAR disclaimer that accidentally deleted pets WILL NOT BE RETURNED.

To people concerned about economical impact - need I remind you guys of the mass deletion project and how to my knowledge it did not actually make the pet being deleted any rarer in the long run? It's EXTREMELY unlikely one user has enough of a pet to significantly change its rarity (unless someone had like a 100 skelebun hoard LMAO)
Last edited by Lanayru on Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click the cat for my FR!
Lanayru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonbeam. » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:43 am

Clockwork! wrote:-snip (it was too long)-

TLDR; I'm in support of both a mass-delete and a mass-trade option, or at the very least I'm in support of making a change to the pet deletion option to make it easier, in addition to the mass-trade option.

Late reply go brr- Anyways, I can understand your point and other people's points in all honesty which is why I don't fully disagree nor fully support this idea 100%. I am not saying I am not supporting or supporting, I feel like a 50/50 when it comes to this suggestion.

People are very worried about it maybe effecting the trading economy which is understandable, and people are worried about accidentally deleting a pet that they wanted to actually keep which is also understandable, so I can see a few loose ends with this suggestion (then again, same with mine in a sense cuz people can accidentally select pets that they wanna keep too.)
═════════ஓ๑✦๑ஓ════════
〖▹any pronouns◃〗
〖▹sept 27th - ♎︎◃〗
〖▹demi-romantic◃〗
〖▹Used to be AlbinoWolf◃〗

I have visual impairments caused by Albinism, sorry if I make any mistakes!
═════════ஓ๑✦๑ஓ════════
moonbeam.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Llazybonezz » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:46 am

AlbinoWolf wrote:
Clockwork! wrote:-snip (it was too long)-

TLDR; I'm in support of both a mass-delete and a mass-trade option, or at the very least I'm in support of making a change to the pet deletion option to make it easier, in addition to the mass-trade option.

Late reply go brr- Anyways, I can understand your point and other people's points in all honesty which is why I don't fully disagree nor fully support this idea 100%. I am not saying I am not supporting or supporting, I feel like a 50/50 when it comes to this suggestion.

People are very worried about it maybe effecting the trading economy which is understandable, and people are worried about accidentally deleting a pet that they wanted to actually keep which is also understandable, so I can see a few loose ends with this suggestion (then again, same with mine in a sense cuz people can accidentally select pets that they wanna keep too.)

I agree! I'd say I'm definitely 50/50. I see both sides and agree with certain aspects of both. But I do think that a select all for the pet group you are in would be a nice addition; for gifting, giving away, bulk trading, or even large group auctions!
they/them | Scorpio | Art Shop
Llazybonezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serial designation N » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:18 am

No support

I am not entirely opposed to deleting as I have no right to judge what someone does with their own account,but if you are already thinking of deleting a lot of pets at once ,it would make more sense to just give them away. That pet you don’t want could be helpful to new users,COPPA users who rarely get trades since they can’t use forums or could simply end up in the pound to adopt. The end result is the same,the pet is no longer on your account.

I do understand that no one is entitled to pets someone doesn’t want which is an argument I’ve seen before(especially on the other thread),but deleting does mean the pet is gone and it doesn’t really help for anything,but cleaning up groups which can be done without deleting anything. For the pets I don’t want,I made a giveaway group. Helps me out because I can clean out that group and at the same time I’m helping someone else with their collections. Win-win and yeah no one is entitled to pets in the group,but if I don’t want them at all,I won’t be offended if someone wants to take them off my hands.
Very inactive player, I only log in to adopt pets
Serial designation N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RequiemForALove » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:41 am

I support. If I want to delete all of my pets I should have an avenue to do so. If I had wanted to delete my Sunjewel instead of accepting a lousy trade for it then I should be able to without needing a reason other than I wanted to do it. Kindness is not a right, it is a privilege and there are many people on this site I would not want to be kind to for one reason or another, but that's my own opinion.

The economy on here is already a dumpster fire and I've stopped doing trades beyond monthly swaps as there's not really a reason to try and finish my WL and I never found Dreamies to be all that important.

Pound donations are not something I want to contribute to and that should be my choice as a player.
Quitting - All Pets must go

Looking to trade C$ for Art
RequiemForALove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pixje » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:44 am

No support
Pixje

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holodog » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:16 am

RequiemForALove wrote:I support. If I want to delete all of my pets I should have an avenue to do so. If I had wanted to delete my Sunjewel instead of accepting a lousy trade for it then I should be able to without needing a reason other than I wanted to do it. Kindness is not a right, it is a privilege and there are many people on this site I would not want to be kind to for one reason or another, but that's my own opinion.

The economy on here is already a dumpster fire and I've stopped doing trades beyond monthly swaps as there's not really a reason to try and finish my WL and I never found Dreamies to be all that important.

Pound donations are not something I want to contribute to and that should be my choice as a player.

Nothing is stopping you from deleting all your pets, the option is already there?
holodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheem » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:22 am

Y'all, you're acting like I'm over here like Nosferatu cackling about deleting pets and harming other players. I'd gladly donate over deleting, just as long as there's an option to do it on a massive scale-

cheem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me