Blocking suggestion [Suggestion Added - Discussion Open]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this?

Yes
91%
No
7%
Sort of, but I’d like to suggest something (comment)
3%

Total votes : 421

Re: Blocking suggestion

Postby hypnowave » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:04 pm

thank you so much nick! very happy to see this improvement.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Thank you, Nick ^^

Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Nick wrote:I've now made it so that unless you've opted in to allowing players on your block list to interact with you (by changing your settings to allow blocked players to send you private messages) they can no longer view your profile page or post in your topics.

Players on your block list will still be able to post in your topics in the General section of the forum, or in Chicken Smoothie Discussion, since these tend to be more open discussion topics rather than a topic that a single player owns for themselves, but this could be tweaked. They won't be able to post on your Oekaki, Roleplays or trade threads.

I won't add the ability to block people from viewing your posts, because this would be pretending to offer something that we can't actually achieve, since somebody could always just log out from the site and view your posts/pets/etc anyway.

Thank you for the update!
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coolsum23 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Thank you Nick for doing this!

Coolsum - Loves Arrowverse, Kpop, and Musicals (Please talk to me about them) - female - Any pronouns are fine - Tourettes syndrome - Just trying not to be bored - You are loved, valuable and valid!
chillin like a villian

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Coolsum23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:06 pm

thank you for the update Nick! we really appreciate this.

just another suggestion, though (really sorry if it's difficult to understand im kinda tired fhdjxjsk). i noticed that while the block function prevents the user from accessing your profile/post on your threads, it doesn't prevent you from at least accessing their profile. while i recognize that most people who use the block function use it because they want nothing to do with the blocked user, leaving them open to interact with the profile/posts/etc. with the blocked user can be used maliciously by others where they might harass/engage in other passive malicious behavior/etc. and have the user blocked in order to prevent retaliation/the user from defending themselves.

Postby Nick » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:17 pm

In that case either it's a situation you can report to the mods or you can add them to your own block list.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:16 am

Thank you so much for doing this Nick!! We appreciate it,,
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubbaberriboo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:23 am

thank you!

heyo, my name is bumble!
      i'm a non-binary adult who
      uses he/him or xey/xem
      pronouns. i hope you are
      having a lovely day/night!
      - - -
      pets for FR
bubbaberriboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:32 am

So... someone blocks me. I can't visit their profile to block them?
I have someone blocked. They can't see the guide that's in the trade forum.
Any discussion in 18+ is also blocked?

Just... a little unclear on what this new feature is supposed to do.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:46 am

Hmm.

For those who want to try out the new blocking functionality, I hereby state now that from now until the end of time, I will not bat even an eyelash if you block me temporarily (or permanently! I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea lol) to check out the enhanced blocking feature in action (or for other reasons). For now, my PMs are also open to everyone (I may turn them off in the future again; my PMs were off to everyone from June 2013 to June 2020).

Here are some links to threads I own in various forums. Note that some of these threads are old and probably shouldn't be posted on. Also, I don't often create threads, and when I do, they're usually in only a handful of forums, so this is just a short list.

Site Suggestions ("Suggestion: Subforum for guides")
Help, Questions & Problems ("PSA about copying code?")
Chicken Smoothie Events Discussion ("Archive: Past Summer Event Images (EXTREMELY IMAGE-HEAVY)")
Chicken Smoothie Discussion ("Compilation of CS Historical Fun Facts")
Adults Discussion 18+ ("Communication and language")
General Discussion ("Preferred text size and color")
Forum Games ("Say the abbreviation above you")
Dressup competition entries ("How many tokens again?")

I do not have anyone on my own block list, so I have no idea what it looks like if I block someone and I don't want to block someone to test out the feature right as they happen to want to interact with me :lol: If anyone wants to volunteer themselves to be put on my block list, PM me

Took me a while to wrap my head around the announcement of the enhancement (what can the one who is blocked vs the one who is blocking do) so I wouldn't be surprised if there are others who are also unsure

edit: I think I misunderstood the announcement of the enhancement. Maybe? My understanding has changed like 3 times in the last 5 hours. Maybe I just need more sleep. There shouldn't be a language barrier as Nick uses standard English and I'm a monolingual native English speaker. I think I'm just sleep deprived. That might also explain why I'm rambling and posting without thinking very hard. Someone stop me. Actually no, my browser extension will stop me because I've been on CS too much lol
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me