[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby LLHBBB » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 am

I know this conversation needs to be had. The problem is people are now wanting crazy overpay for all store pets. They don't even need to be on the list and they now think they are made of gold. I used to be able to trade fairly for both of the tier 1 sets and have traded off many of them as well for fair prices but now people want main lists for everything.

I traded a skelebun about 2 months ago for a pink sorbet. I'm crying (not literally it's only a pixel) and I'm sure they are thrilled. So I didn't see it becoming omgsr and the value sky rocketing. I still feel it was fair but now because of this people are wanting top high demand pets and know they can hold out for them because people are desperate so why not join the party right? You rarely ever saw them and now there is 3 ufa.

I do not think they should ever be re-released. This is coming from some who is capable of buying c$ and still don't want that as an option.

I know this isn't really helping but if you exclude even the new store pets from the archives and being able to add them to the wishlist people are going to over value them even more and even the newest release ones will become even harder for players who can't get c$ for even more overpay than they are expected to pay now.

I know another site similar to this one that has different levels of complete collections. One that includes all pets minus store pets, one that includes all pets including the store pets.

Items archives. I've always wanted to add the limited items to my wish list and until now never knew why I couldn't. Thanks for answering that for me. :thumbup:
Last edited by LLHBBB on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:53 am

DaDwarf wrote:

@wookie, the price of c$ has most def changed! Back when theres store pets came out only a handfull of people were able to buy c$. C$ wasnt even tradeable yet. I wasnt allowed to spend money on a website and it took me months, if not years, to get the first store pets. But by the time c$ was tradeable i could do easily obtain it that ive always had around 5k on hand just in case theres a store pet i like. C$s sell value on cs itself has def been lowered, more people have access to it, more people are buying it and more people are trading it!

I meant Actual dollar amount for virtual currency. I was wondering has it been priced the same throughout the years?

Also I must have been looking in the wrong places for a skeleton bunny because the ones I found no one wanted to trade. I also have a habit of backing out and never offering if I don't have anything on the person's wishlist.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:38 am

'Possum wrote:If they will never be re released eventually all store pets will be unobtainable. As they're left to rot on dead accounts.

Personally, I have no problem with them being re released in some way.

Everybody is saying that re releasing store pets would be unfair to people who bought them with CS originally.

BUT HAS ANYONE EVER ACTUALLY ASKED THE PEOPLE WHO ORIGINALLY BOUGHT THOSE PETS FROM THE CS STORE?

As far as those having a problem about them being re released because of what they paid for them recently... they're in the same category as any other valuable pet that's re released.

R e d p a n d a wrote:I don't support removing store pets from the archives..
Many people have things like the Raven dog or drink/eat me dogs as Dream pets. Do you realize how hard it would be to find ones unlocked? The user would have to dig through lots of groups (depending on the person they are trading w/ and how many groups they have) or through hundreds of pages of pets in a single rare+ group or something since some people just pile up anything above rare in a group. 0 support.

I know the store pets are "incentive" I guess, but I actually want a full set of store pets... and if they are removed from the archives it will become next to impossible for me & many others to find them. People will treat them like chicken flags, thinking they are semi-custom and worth PILES more than they currently are.

Wanted to pop in and quote these two things here, excuse what I expect will be a long post, if only for quoting.

I completely agree with Possum here. I have no problem with them being re-released either. I honestly can't word it better myself so I'll just say that's something I 1oo% agree with.

Secondly, I also give o support to removing store pets from the archive. I would consider having them moved BUT so they're still able to be wishlisted. It would be very inconvenient to many users to just remove them altogether, as Panda said. Then you have to dig through groups. I remember doing that back in the beginning of the site before wishlists and I am not wanting to go back to that.
Not to mention the fact that it could make people feel store pets are now super valuable and etc.
I think taking them off the archive or not being able to wishlist them somehow would be a huge pain in the end. You'd find a lot of irritated users who wouldn't understand why they suddenly can't wishlist store pets.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:42 am

i cant seem to find the reason why you guys want to remove the store pets for the archives?? is it because they dont count as pets..?
Last edited by .zombie on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:57 am

Oh boy I was always afraid this was going to happen someday. The store pet fiasco where it is impossible to get them.

From going through and reading the different ideas I'd have to say I don't really support taking the Store Pets out of the archive. If we are talking about 5 pets then sure, but we're not. There are a ton of store pets out there now and they release on a fairly set schedule making them almost like a regular adopt (that you pay). It just wouldn't make sense to remove that many pets. It'd also drive their value up because if you can't find it in the archives it must be insanely rare.

As for rereleasing I personally don't mind it ,however I think it would need to be extremely limited. Maybe holding a contest or lucky draw to obtain one. I'd also be down for only releasing a store pet once it appears to be near impossible to obtain so something like the Raven probably wouldn't be released again for a long time since there were a lot of people buying them.

Either way it really comes down to what Tess wants to do. If she personally feels that rereleasing or removing from the archive is a benefit to the site. Does anyone know what her opinion is on the matter is?
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:22 am

Maybe instead of removing them, there could be a disclaimer on the Store Pet page telling people that store pets are not considered part of a complete collection on CS. That way members know but it also doesn't cause the demand to go crazy if they are moved somewhere else or removed.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:27 am

well most people consider store pets as a part of their collection, right?
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:02 am

grr. wrote:
well most people consider store pets as a part of their collection, right?

I agree to that.

I am against removing them from the archives - some older store pets are already extremely hard to find and if you won't be able to wishlist the ones you want, it would be nearly impossible to find them at all since most people own hundreds or thousands of pets on here and you'd have to go through all these pets to see if a person has this pet or not.
Plus, I believe especially newer users will get confused of this and will treat the pets even more "like diamonds and gold" if they would be moved in a special archive which is just for them. I think this would just cause more demand and greed on these pets.

I understand that store pets should always stay special but in a few years it would be probably impossible to get for example the skeleton bunny if store pets won't ever get released at all.
Probably it would be an idea to rerelease them on December 18th but to limit the released pets on a maximum for about 3-5 pets or so and also to only release the store pets that are really impossible to find anymore so they don't stay unobtainable and will stay at least a bit in circulation. Plus this way, everyone would have the same chance getting one
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:03 am

WASSAP wrote:
Actually, let me put this into an easier to answer question. Would you pass on a $1 Pokemon Card knowing that it will be resold later at its future higher value of, say, $100? I wouldn't.

Theres no guarantee though. A pack of cards. Only one is a charizard worth $100. You have no idea if you are buying a charizard or if all your cards are going to still be worth $1 or two even after 6 years. Now imagine it's you eat or you buy these cards that may or may not gain value.

Store pets are like this. Everyone knows and wants the raven. But the patchwork who cost the exact same, released at the same time is worth considerably less. Far far fewer people are looking for one for sure. Now think, which one can be traded for more, a Cheshire Cat or a set of 3 basilisks? Every time store pets are released, it's a real gamble if that's all you are after. You're in no way guaranteed that kind of increase but it's nice to pretend that all store pets are ravens.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:07 am

grr. wrote:
calcium wrote:I actually have two points-

1. The C$ price should be much higher than the original release price, simply because they're older pets. There's nothing at all wrong with some people not being able to afford the older list pets, I think if everyone could get one that pet's value would go way down. So what if some people can't afford to get them, isn't that the point of the price being higher? And there is a thing called trading.

2. They shouldn't be rerelased at all. Store pets are special, they aren't like regular adopts like sun pups or moon pups were, so why rerelease them? Just because people like to complain about something they don't have. Even if the old store pets do become unobtainable, oh well. Even as some of them find forever homes, whether it be due to greed, or just that person likes that particular pet, I still don't think they should be rereleased.

I agree with the second point made. Store pets are not rereleased for a reason- they are very very hard to obtain, making them very special to the game. Yes, some users store them away and whatever but thats their decision. If the store pets do not get rereleased, then their worth with rise with ease in the next few years. This is basically the point of store pets. If they get rereleased, obtaining them wont be a challenge like it was when there were few in circulation. Wouldnt this get boring overtime?Knowing that you can obtain a pet from scamming another newbie or user is very frightening to me [i see this happening too much on december 18th]
Obtaining store pets are supposed to be very hard, especially those from 09 and 10. Its supposed to be a challenge.

To sum this up, i oppose the idea of even rereleasing one skelebun. We should preserve the uniqueness of these hard to find store pets, making it harder and more challenging to add these pets into your collection.

I agree with the second point as well, players has also spent real money on these pets, so re releasing them would just be unfair.
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me