Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Friendly bump
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythra » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:12 am

The rarity bars are set up so the colour fades, the blue of OMGSC changes to the teal of Very Common, to the green of Common, to the yellow of Uncommon, ect. Also, the star goes further up the bar the more rare. I find that I have no trouble distinguishing the difference between teal and green, although I do admit that the teal is more like a dark green. I would support if the Very Common bar was changed to an ever-so-slightly more blue colour, however I still have no real problem with it as it is. Especially since you could just read the writing.
So pretty much, no support from me, sorry. ^^
Mythra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0000007 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:46 pm

support ;^/
Last edited by 0000007 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonGirl218 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 pm

So, so much support. I currently have 97 pets in my VC trade group, so if one goes Common, that's a lot of green to scroll through looking for something just a few shades off. Seriously, I have to stare intently at my monitor and squint and lean in if I want to tell the difference, even if I know the two are right next to each other. Oh, and star placement? I can't tell the difference between them when they're not directly over each other, which...they're not when the bars are separated by pets in my groups.

Oh yeah, I also have 540 pets in my Common trade group, so imagine just how needle-in-a-haystack-ish it would be if one of them ended up going down in rarity somehow to a VC.

Heck, I suppose another alternative, rather than changing the color of the VC bar, could be to change the color of Common bar. It always sort of bugged me how there's a fairly nice transition from red to orange to yellow and then it sorta jumps to green. I know Green comes after Yellow in the color wheel/spectrum, but...what if Common was more lime-green/yellow-green while VC stayed its teal-ish color? It would sort of look better transition-wise, I think, and it would only require changing one color.

Either way, definitely support more distinction between color of VC and Common.

And for those who don't use the color to sort rarities...why worry about it? It won't hurt ya to have a different color under your pets if you don't utilize it anyway.
DragonGirl218

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:09 am

Definite support! I don't bother sorting my common trades from my very common trades because it's super difficult. I think DragonGirl might have something with changing the common color instead. I like that idea a lot. (:
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ratlochet » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm

I agree! It's so hard to see the contrasting colors. I think we should leave common green, and then make very common pink, or switch OMGSC to pink and have very common as dark blue. :)
Ratlochet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotoliszka » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:27 am

Bump.
Kotoliszka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:09 am

Support. Though I don't have a personal need for this change, I can see why another player might want it, as not everyone has the best vision or is the fastest reader, and those people will have trouble distinguishing them.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotoliszka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:27 am

Bump!
Kotoliszka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Friendly bump (last post was April 12 by me; deleted by me)

(this post was posted on May 14; I bumped it)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me