Mass deleting pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Mass deleting pets

Postby *~*PenderGhasm*~* » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:32 am

No support at all, would prefer CS do away with the delete feature altogether. There's plenty of ways to get rid of unwanted pets as it is.

*Edit* Although, I think a reform to the pound could see donating not requiring a response from the other end other than an 'are you sure?' final confirmation before you send pets there. That way donating could be immediate, rather than worrying that you've already set to donate pets in another trade that could be canceled.

The pound isn't really a user anyway, so I don't see why it should need someone logging in to accept pets.
Image ImageImage
*~*PenderGhasm*~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:48 am

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to trades (my trade thread)
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')
-Remember, support, and pray for Israel

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImage
Status: I won't be around much this month.It's nothing to be proud of.
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:50 am

Ebony Stardust wrote:Dropping this here

Would this be considered part of that thread? I only read the front post, which is deleting the whole "delete this pet" option, while this suggestion is for mass deleting pets.

Edit:

However, the option to change it to "transfer to the pound" would be amazing in my opinion. Have a mass transfer to the pound option!
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:53 am

bat teeth wrote:

Would this be considered part of that thread? I only read the front post, which is deleting the whole "delete this pet" option, while this suggestion is for mass deleting pets.

Edit:

However, the option to change it to "transfer to the pound" would be amazing in my opinion. Have a mass transfer to the pound option!

Just thought it might help some people is all, since it's related to the delete feature

-I am a casual artist

Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dumpling-donut » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:55 am

if you don't want your pets, give them to the pound, randomly gift people them, start an adoption center, do any of those things just don't delete pets
dumpling-donut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:58 am

Ebony Stardust wrote:
bat teeth wrote:

Edit:

Just thought it might help some people is all, since it's related to the delete feature

Skimmed through that thread and found this:

Zienna666 wrote:i prefer the option but not removal. easier to delete unwanted pets like my chickens and ponies no one wants to trade for than put them in the pound to slowly rot there.

This is a decent argument here. If you haven't read the thread, It mentions switching the "delete this pet" option to "send to the pound". I feel like maybe having both options would be nice, deleting some pets like common chickens and common ponies that many users don't seem to care for wouldn't hurt. I've even deleted pets before, honestly.

No matter what happens, the CS rarity system and C$ economy is always fluctuating. Years ago, a 2014 store pet didn't go for a mid Advent like it does now lol!

dumpling-donut wrote:if you don't want your pets, give them to the pound, randomly gift people them, start an adoption center, do any of those things just don't delete pets

Why not delete pets?
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dumpling-donut » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:05 am

i just think its nicer to just give them away or trade them, there just isn't really a reason to delete them when somebody out there might want that pet and be trying to get it
dumpling-donut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~*PenderGhasm*~* » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:06 am

bat teeth wrote:Why not delete pets?

Well, firstly, when someone sends a pet to the pound it doesn't 'rot' there, but can be used to bulk out pound openings, we cant have pages and pages of rares now can we? the pound would empty in days.

Secondly, the number of users on CS fluctuates all the time, new players join, old ones stop coming on, why shouldn't there be pets that are super easy for newbies to get? S'not like vc and c pets aren't as neat as some r vr & omgsr ones.

Thirdly, if CS stays online for years and years to come, those common pets are going to get rarer, even if it takes older players going inactive, we don't need to artificially contribute to that by deleting them. Think of how many sundogs and moonswirls might have been deleted, especially if you've never been able to get them.
Image ImageImage
*~*PenderGhasm*~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dumpling-donut » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:09 am

*~*PenderGhasm*~* wrote:
bat teeth wrote:Why not delete pets?

Well, firstly, when someone sends a pet to the pound it doesn't 'rot' there, but can be used to bulk out pound openings, we cant have pages and pages of rares now can we? the pound would empty in days.

Secondly, the number of users on CS fluctuates all the time, new players join, old ones stop coming on, why shouldn't there be pets that are super easy for newbies to get? S'not like vc and c pets aren't as neat as some r vr & omgsr ones.

Thirdly, if CS stays online for years and years to come, those common pets are going to get rarer, even if it takes older players going inactive, we don't need to artificially contribute to that by deleting them. Think of how many sundogs and moonswirls might have been deleted, especially if you've never been able to get them.

agreed! deleting pets really isn't a good thing to do
dumpling-donut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:10 am

Deleting pets just isn't relevant any more and has become harmful. See:
Tess wrote:
skeleson wrote:to staff

why is there a delete option for pets...? wouldnt they do much better in the pound or being traded away? especially if someone decided to delete older pets, there might not be enough to go around .n.

it's kind of an option that's been around since the beginning.... when you used to be able to adopt unlimited pets.... I guess it isn't such a good idea these days :?

-I am a casual artist

Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me