Something Needs to Be Done About C$ Inflation [POLL ADDED]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

What do you think about C$ inflation?

I think it's great
2%
I think it's fine/natural
11%
I think something needs to be done about it
44%
I think its bad but I don't know if there's a way to stop it
43%

Total votes : 787

Re: Something Needs to Be Done About C$ Inflation

Postby Cady55again » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:52 pm

steampoweredfan wrote:I'd even go so far to add that the inflation on the site in general has gotten out of hand.

agreed, I have ab 130 C$ that I've gotten from trades (too young to buy C$ myself) and its been sitting for over a month now
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrowntheFrowns » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:52 pm

Support for the most part, but I do want to add that another website had issues with a gacha being ran on premium currency as some countries have illegalized those kinds of things, along the same lines as loot crates and such, so that idea might not be the best solution for CS as it might cause some potential legal issues for parts of the userbase. That's the only thing I worry about, because I don't know how CS could deal with that. But I certainly agree that they should try something to fix this for sure and other than that suggestion I whole-heartedly agree!

Edit to add that I'm not in any way knowledgeable about this particular topic so idk if there's a legal way CS could do it or anything like that I just know of another site that had issues and backlash from the userbase because of something similar and don't want CS to face the same issue
Last edited by DrowntheFrowns on Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting ready to move, I won't have internet for a while when I do so I'm likely going to be inactive for a couple months, I won't know when I'll be moving so I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!
My timezone is EST and I tend to go to bed around 1-2 AM in that time
I tend to come back online around 2ish PM
Also, trades with guinea pigs and either species of hamsters are always appreciated, I'm going for a full collection of those so if it's on my wishlist I want it :3
DrowntheFrowns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Normie_Boy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:53 pm

Oh boy I 10000000000000% accept this, C$ inflation has been so crazy.
Normie_Boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainyli » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Support!
Rainyli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mr.Sifaka » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:54 pm

steampoweredfan wrote:I'd even go so far to add that the inflation on the site in general has gotten out of hand.

agreed. demand and inflation are getting out of hand. staff really needs to do something about this, i feel genuinely awful for newer players. i only joined about 9 months ago and its like watching the world crumble. in only a couple months i have watched inflation and demand have taken a deep dive for the worse, everything going so high. its awful. i struggle to play anymore because my anxiety with trades has gotten so bad. i gave up on trading c$ because worth is so scrambled, and demand plays a huge role. the only solid part of the site anymore is oekaki which is where i usually pay for art because trading for pets? WAY too difficult anymore. its so hard to find anyone who trades fairly nowadays.

Image Image Image
Mr.Sifaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:55 pm

DrowntheFrowns wrote:Support for the most part, but I do want to add that another website had issues with a gacha being ran on premium currency as some countries have illegalized those kinds of things, along the same lines as loot crates and such, so that idea might not be the best solution for CS as it might cause some potential legal issues for parts of the userbase. That's the only thing I worry about, because I don't know how CS could deal with that. But I certainly agree that they should try something to fix this for sure and other than that suggestion I whole-heartedly agree!

i understand this, but the "gacha" wouldn't have to be one that falls under the traditional definition. for example, dappervolk gachas require virtual currency, not USD like traditional ones do, and because of that it has been doing fine.
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Ocean7089 wrote:up

hey just a quick heads up so u don't get in trouble ^^

try not to bump a ton as you can get in trouble with staff and they might see it as spam
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tumblr. » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:55 pm

amon. wrote:support, would rather not see the cs economy become like the nightmare neopets' was/is 🥴

I fully agree with this. It got so hard on so many sites to get good things because the currency is just so inflated. I mean guys, I saw somwone selling a Cerb for 15,000c$. Thats like half my rent in USD. Its beginning to get ridiculous.
Check out my Trade Thread!
Tumblr.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reyko » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Bap, this just. We need staffs attention 😩
I dont like signatures.

My Toyhou.se account

Image Image Image Image

Image the only BA I'll ever have 😔
Reyko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainyli » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:57 pm

So what you're saying is the way to combat inflation is to spend (AKA destroy) more c$? Such as buying pets/items directly from the store instead of trading c$? /gen
Rainyli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me