CHANGE THE CS SECURITY SYSTEM

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: CHANGE THE CS SECURITY SYSTEM

Postby Lacuna » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:10 am

Lemon Coyote wrote:Question for the admins; do you know if the security updates promised here will be added? I totally understand that event planning/the new rarities took time but it's been a few months so i'm just curious :)

These are the updates currently mentioned in the news that will be released in the coming week.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haytham Stark » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:30 pm

I agree with this
Haytham Stark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:24 pm

Confirming linked email changes.
As of now, all you need to do to change your email is enter your password. Meaning if someone where to get into your account, they could easily switch the email to theres. This can easily be fixed by sending a "confirmation email" in order to change the email.

I would like this, but only if there's a second option (eg. phone number or another 2fa feature) involved. I lost an old account on another site because I no longer had access to the email address I signed up with

I'm not too sure how easy this is to code, but when a log in occurs on an unfamiliar device or IP address, it may be useful to require a log in code. This could be an optional feature.

Support, although adding maybe a way to "trust" certain IPs/locations/devices. I travel a decent bit and could see it getting tedious if every few weeks I'm spending the whole weekend having to verify over and over again

Hire more coders
I don't want Nick to be responsible for all of this, I think hiring more coders could be helpful! I've met a lot of users who are good with coding on here.

Not commenting much on this one because I feel like it's more of an internal decision they need to make among staff
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets Real life got hectic and I somehow missed the whole month of May on here. Looking for all May pets, will keep WL updated as I go

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:26 pm

Lacuna wrote:
Lemon Coyote wrote:Question for the admins; do you know if the security updates promised here will be added? I totally understand that event planning/the new rarities took time but it's been a few months so i'm just curious :)

These are the updates currently mentioned in the news that will be released in the coming week.

Well now it's been at least two weeks... three since the delay on the 8th. I'm hoping that an optional authentication is part of what is causing the delays, personally.

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
          AdamAddie
          he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
          [ MY STUFF ]
          ImageImageImage
          discord: @adamented

[ LINKS ]
          ImageImage
Adamented

My pets