Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby skypony101 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Kotoliszka wrote:Hello.
I'm probably not the only one who likes sorting pets in their trade groups by rarity. I've noticed that Very common and Common image bars have a similar colour and I find it quite hard to distinguish between those when quickly going through all my pets.
I think it would be a good idea to change Very common's colour to blue, similar to the one I believe is used for the OMG so common bar (which could become purple) (ETA: I think even a colour similar to turquoise would do the trick(ETA again: it DOESN'T have to be the exact colour I've shown, it can be darker or a different shade)). It would make sorting pets by rarity significantly easier.

im kind of in the middle of no support/support, even though the stars are easy to see
good: 1.The colors would be more different and easier to see
Bad: 1.it seems too much of a difference that it doesn't really go with the other colors
good 2. it wouldnt be too had to update (i think)
bad 2. potential lag and crash for not-so-great-but-still-partially-working devices
good 3. the colors would be known to the newer players
bad 3. all the older players who are used to it would be confused
skypony101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:56 am

skypony101 wrote:im kind of in the middle of no support/support, even though the stars are easy to see
good: 1.The colors would be more different and easier to see
Bad: 1.it seems too much of a difference that it doesn't really go with the other colors
good 2. it wouldnt be too had to update (i think)
bad 2. potential lag and crash for not-so-great-but-still-partially-working devices
good 3. the colors would be known to the newer players
bad 3. all the older players who are used to it would be confused

I'm only responding to your con arguments.

1) They are colours of the rainbow, they are - by itself - drastically different, but do fit together when seen next to each other. There just needs to be an appropriate colour which matches the others.
So I don't really see this as a real argument against it.

2) Why lag & crash? That image is tiny.
It loads one time and then it's it. ^^;
Definitely not a real argument against it.

3) Why would anybody be confused? It is a normal update.
The have a Lost & found. We have an item archive. We have a C$ tag added to store pets. Over time, websites change and sometimes drastically, but the word "very common" is still on the tag and if you choose to not use pictures, but only text instead, then you won't even see the difference anyway.
Even the "OMG so rare/common" tags weren't here before! They are still a "new" addition and nobody is confused by them.

So after all these years I really see no real argument against fixing this problem that's been existing for all this time. It literally only takes a few minutes to fix this.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 am

I'm just going to casually quote this post from 6 pages ago

Shian wrote:Well I guess we're not getting it now that we have pets based on the rarity markers. :/ Too bad. It really does influence trading in a serious way. Notice how when trading many people treat commons and very commons the same thing? That's because they're the same kind of green and people can't tell the difference.

(we've had pet images changed in the past so I imagine that we could also get the VC rarity star pet's image changed)

(reread what Shian said about how it might be influencing trading pretty seriously)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panther202 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am

Support!

I don't sort by rarity exclusively (minus my trade groups) but rarity is so important for taking into account the value of the pet. Yes, you can read it. Yes, it technically is a different color, but imagine if OMGSR & VR were the same color? They're two completely different pet values and yet they would get treated like the VC & C rarity difference.

So, again, SUPPORT!
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me