Mass deleting pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Mass deleting pets

Postby mrs » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:58 pm

bark wrote:When you request your account to be deleted, your pets will be sent to the pound and your account will be inaccessible to the public. They can leave the pet side by this process without hurting the economy.

It also makes the forum part of the site inaccessible by taking the ability to post. I don't understand why someone would choose to delete their account rather than delete their pets if they still want to take part in the art, rp, etc. side of chickensmoothie? It would be easier for said person to take part in said activities if they had their account, even if there was a lack of pets on it (because they were deleted).
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 pm

mrs wrote:
bark wrote:When you request your account to be deleted, your pets will be sent to the pound and your account will be inaccessible to the public. They can leave the pet side by this process without hurting the economy.

It also makes the forum part of the site inaccessible by taking the ability to post. I don't understand why someone would choose to delete their account rather than delete their pets if they still want to take part in the art, rp, etc. side of chickensmoothie? It would be easier for said person to take part in said activities if they had their account, even if there was a lack of pets on it (because they were deleted).

It's POSSIBLE IF Mods can leave your account accessable to post, they can send your pets to the pound if you request it BUT wish to stay for the RP/Art side.

But if...

Mods have power to move your posts to 'guest' if you so wish, I don't see why they can't fulfill your request to send pets to the pound but leave your account active.

I haven't tried this myself, but if in doubt; ask an admin. They'd be happy to assist for account related requests.
Last edited by bark on Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Rick on Fri May 31, 2024 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Why did you turn me into a furry.

[He/him] [Adult] [Furry]
hi I'm the crazy apple guy who hoards
the UR apples lol [Have one UFT? Send a suggestion!]
ImageImage
Image - Trades - Art TOS
(tos is if you've gotten stuff from me in the past)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:01 pm

I don't support deleting pets at all, much less mass deletion

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to trades (my trade thread)
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')
-Remember, support, and pray for Israel

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImage
Status: I won't be around much this month.It's nothing to be proud of.
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:02 pm

bark wrote:
mrs wrote:

Mods can leave your account accessable to post, they can send your pets to the pound if you request it BUT wish to stay for the RP/Art side.

Mods have power to move your posts to 'guest' if you so wish, I don't see why they can't do that. C: it's very much possible.

If you don't request to have your status of being able to post be taken, then you're not really deleting your account.. just requesting the mods to move your pets for you. Which, even still, would take a long time to handle because from my understanding, tickets like these are slow moving.
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonbeam. » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:05 pm

sweathie wrote:
bark wrote:
AlbinoWolf wrote:I kinda wish it would be like this instead: Instead of doing a mass delete, maybe update the trade system where instead of spending hours upon hours of selecting, maybe there can be a feature that we can use that can make it select all?? I am not sure if that's honestly possible but I'd like the see the potential possibility of it!

Oh gosh, I'd love this feature! Not just for donating pets to the pound, but for general trading. Like for mass pet auctions :0 ❤️

agree - looks like there's not a thread that i can find for this kind of suggestion, so if someone wants to make one you should! don't want to christmas tree this thread lol

Thanks for the suggestion, I just made the thread now!
═════════ஓ๑✦๑ஓ════════
〖▹any pronouns◃〗
〖▹sept 27th - ♎︎◃〗
〖▹demi-romantic◃〗
〖▹Used to be AlbinoWolf◃〗

I have visual impairments caused by Albinism, sorry if I make any mistakes!
═════════ஓ๑✦๑ஓ════════
moonbeam.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axes » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:17 pm

no support for mass delete button, but everyone shaming them and acting like deleting a pet is some great unforgivable evil arent really getting my support either. I delete pets because I can't be bothered to set up a giveaway thread, and I hated having one anyway because of how many trades I had to go through. plus, pets you send to the pound that arent in the giveaway group ARE accessible via their ID. so, yeah, you are still traceable until they are redistributed. which can be a really long time.

I agree that mass deletion would likely end in more accidents than it's worth. I don't think it's a good idea at all. I just think people need to leave people who do delete pets alone, it's none of your business why they do it, and it's not your place to tell them they're wrong for it.
    ===== if heaven is full of people, then=====
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ------ ADULT - ART - MINECRAFT - THEY/HE -----

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ==== it will be exactly the same as earth ====
axes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 pm

I don't really see why everyone seems to be making this a "this or that" scenario. Why couldn't we have both an option to mass-delete, and an option to mass-trade pets? Or at the very least, make it easier to delete pets. Nine times out of ten, people will choose the option to mass-trade, whether it be to the site pound or a user-run pound. And while I can understand why people would be against deleting pets, at the end of the day, it's not really fair to tell someone "you can't do that because I don't like it." Like has been stated before, most people aren't going to be inclined to delete a high-value pet. It would be much better utilized to get art or cross-trade or whatever else, and people know that. 99% of the time, the only pets being deleted are low value, high supply pets that no one is really interested in. And while it is true that the pound has been improved so that older high-value pets come into the pound opening pool more often, it is also true that bogging it down with hundreds upon hundreds of pets that not many people are too keen on does have an effect on what kind of pets get into the opening pool, even if that effect has been diminished somewhat.

TLDR; I'm in support of both a mass-delete and a mass-trade option, or at the very least I'm in support of making a change to the pet deletion option to make it easier, in addition to the mass-trade option.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Clockwork! wrote:-snip-

TLDR; I'm in support of both a mass-delete and a mass-trade option, or at the very least I'm in support of making a change to the pet deletion option to make it easier.

I think some of us support both but don't want to Christmas tree off this thread. AlbinoWolf made a thread for mass-trading here

I'd like to add, if we do add mass deletion, it should be a couple different clicks, one confirming you want to mass delete. I could totally see myself being clumsy and accidentally deleting pets lol
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holodog » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:48 am

No support. This suggestion adds nothing of value to the site. Deleting pets is not a main feature, it is an option. It would be entirely against the whole point of the site to encourage pet deletion.

If you want to get rid of a bunch of pets from your trading group that you don't want, set your group size to a high number and select your pets from there to move to a different group so you can do it all at once.

If you want to leave the pet/trading side of the site, just do it? No one's stopping you? Having a few pixel drawings attached to your account through a part of the site you're not even using anymore isn't going to kill you. And you can lock all your groups so people don't send you trades.
holodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snubmoth » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:53 am

i mean,,, we would be happy to take them off your hands ;^)))

jk jk, deleting them is a yeah nah from me, we got the pound (both official and user run) for unwanted critters :^p
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
snubmoth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me