Search for an Item in Archives

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Search for an Item in Archives

Postby nicole » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:22 am

Support!
she/they

nicole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeganDogsLoverCS » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:47 pm

AGREED. I was looking for an item I found in the Lost and found that I didn’t get (because there was something else I wanted) and now I can’t find it. It was called something like “Red field BG” or something
MeganDogsLoverCS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hannibal<3 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:48 pm

Support!
╔═════════════╗

Image Image

╚═════════════╝
Hannibal<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clues » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:53 pm

definitely support this!! items are so hard to get familiar with in comparison to pets and i think being able to identify them quickly will make trading a whole lot easier
x

hi, i'm lexi! / any prns
      ► the rose-set road will bend around
      the earth you knew is waiting for you, dear

trd me! credit
clues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boodles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:11 pm

Support!

I was actually coming to this thread to make a suggestion about putting year of release dates on items so people can figure out what and Item might be worth based on when it was released (since most are valued at a pet from the same year) but this would solve that problem and be beneficial in other ways too.

We could search items to see when they were released AND search for items we might want to look for.

Big support!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently obsessed with FR and making trades between here and there.
https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/599233

Canadian || She/Her || Adult || University || Vet School
♡ Animals || ♡ Music || ♡ Crime Dramas || ♡ Photography

Dream Pet: UR Tiger Dog
CS Goal: One of Every Pet (Only 40 left!)
Currently Hunting For: Missing Warrior Cats & 2012 UR Cookie

<< P.S. Those are my puppers!
boodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastel-Axle » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:13 pm

Support, the item archives are fairly difficult to navigate when you don’t know the date/event of origin of items so something like this could really help!
    This signature needs to be redone, and I am far less active on CS than I was 2-3 years ago. Please understand.
Pastel-Axle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARKOTIKA » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Support!! Yes omg it would be so much easier to find certain items and hopefully shouldn't be too hard for the game devs to add as items are already all named. I've wanted to find where an item I got from the LAF came from, or have tried to look for a certain item (say I don't know "bowtie") for a dress up and have given up looking after half an hour since there are so many items to keep track of haha.
𝕹𝖔 𝕸𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖘. 𝕹𝖔 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑𝖘.

NARKOTIKA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:33 pm

MeganDogsLoverCS wrote:AGREED. I was looking for an item I found in the Lost and found that I didn’t get (because there was something else I wanted) and now I can’t find it. It was called something like “Red field BG” or something

=> "Red Field BG" from 'CS BDay 2015'... (Link to the Archive on the Image also... 8-) )

To find it, I "thought" I knew the Name and (probably) owned this Item, so I first found it in my own Items using the Search Function (I first tried on "red BG" which didn't yield any Result(s), then simply on "BG"), then using its ID (5873) from its URL, managed to locate it in the Archive using the Table I provided in my previous Post in this Thread...
Code: Select all
https://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/5873&p=20875.jpg

=> Reposting the Table for "ease of understanding"...:
CaptainSpank wrote:
[...] => I use a simple Table on the Item_ID (Right-Click on Item => "View Image Info") which already gives me the Year and the Year Range:

Code: Select all
Years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,  2019,  2020,  2021, [2022].
Year_IDs 19,  731, 1305, 2451, 3491, 4894, 5870, 6540, 7642, 8480, 9980, 11171, 12082, 12920, ...

From that Table, 5873 > 5870, (5870 = Limit for 2014), => so I knew the Item would be from (early) 2015, and I only had to check a few Pages in the Archive in 2015 until I found the correct Release Month/Event... :idea:

And the "Process" I did from "My Items" to find out the Item ID could have been done "directly" from the 'Lost & Found' by adopting the "other" Item in a 2nd Tab... :idea:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:18 am

Grrr..., a Reply I was preparing to post in the following Thread (about a Player asking/searching for specific Items ("Crowns" for Spiders)), and where I explained the Method I used to find "the Answer", but the Thread already got locked before I had finished typing my Reply, due to all the Links and "Research-time", and that I can post here, I guess..., as I was referring to this current Thread..., and it's a "perfect Usecase" for this Thread... + It gives an Occasion to bump the Thread... :twisted:
(The Thread contains a Pix of a Spider btw, for Users who don't like Spiders... :!: )

Lennie wrote:
Crowns for spiders :,D

Postby FleaCannotCount » Fri 18 Feb 2022 5:16 pm
I'm a big Malk and I really enjoy dressing up my spiders, so I was just hoping that one day there might be more spider clothes

I don't know if I'm just missing something, I'm quite new, but if anyone knows of a crown you can put on spiders, please let me know! It will be much appreciated <3

Thank you,
Flea

While the following items are not categorized as "Spider" items, they do appear to be small enough to properly fit on a spider!
ImageImage - Halloween 2020
ImageImage - currently in the C$ store for 4 C$ each

Ah-ah...!, funny, I was about to post more or less the same Answer but @Lennie was quicker...!

The Store Items are from January 2011 in the Archive...

>>>

@OP, you may want to support the following Suggestion, about searching the Archive for Items, which would have allowed you to find yourself the Answer...:
- Search for an Item in Archives

In the "meantime" until that Functionality hopefully one day gets implemented, the Method I used to find all "Crown" Items was to start a "fake" Trade on a Player with a Full Item Collection, like the User maintaining this Item Guide ("[CS Items Popular Values Guide]") for example, (+ 2 other Players maintaining 2 other Item Guides, same Results for all 3 Players indeed), then using the "Search" Tab from the "Add Items" Popup for a Trade, => to type "Crown" to search for "Crown" Items, => 2 Pages of Results with different Crown Items... :P 8-)

Then to find where those Items came from (where they could be located in the Archive), I used the Method I explained in this Post, ... which gave me "January 2011" + "Halloween 2020" for the 2 Sets... :idea:

>>>

@Lennie, the "Search" Function from the "Add Items" Popup contains a mini-Bug/Glitch btw, after @Nick's Improvements to Item Trades, I reported it here 3 days ago, but nothing "happened" with it, maybe some Mod needs to ping @Nick about it... :(
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moshep » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:23 pm

Bump 😊
moshep