"Outcome" counter for same litter pets *Poll added*

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Would you like to see an "outcome" counter for different pets of the same litter?

Yes, definitely!
89%
No, it's unnecessary
4%
I don't feel strongly either way
7%

Total votes : 235

Re: "Outcome" counter for same litter pets *Poll added*

Postby nickjr » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Ooh yes I like this suggestion very much! I can even envision something that you can toggle on and off to display the label of the outcome underneath the pet on pet group pages, too, if you wanted that (makes it easier to find duplicates when sorting, etc).

Also, this is a really specific use case, but I can also find a use for this in the summer events archive thread, which can potentially help other users who want to dress up their pets as the event NPCs. When I list NPCs, I also link to where they can be found in the Archive, but sometimes it can be tricky to distinguish certain littermates from each other, especially since the NPCs may be wearing items that cover up the more distinguishable parts of their bodies! Right now, in the cases where I think it may not be obvious (to someone with a good monitor and no color vision issues, admittedly) which outcome a pet is, I write "adult at age 23" or something in the thread.
e.g. there's this NPC, Marcus, from the Egypt Event in 2014:
Marcus's litter is found in October 2011. The outcomes are really similar, and Marcus is wearing clothes that cover one of the features that separates him from the others: the dark spots on his shoulders. So I wrote "adult at age 23" in the thread when I listed Marcus. But this won't be enough for pets that grew up on the same days--e.g. the robot dogs from January 2009 grew not only into adults but also into puppies on the same day, so if we ever get an NPC that's one of those dogs and most of the gold-vs-silver bits are covered... -sweatdrop-
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unilluminate » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:46 am

support
matt - he/him - ⚣ ⚧

UMAs - OFF-OEKAKI - TRADES
Unilluminate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyflyer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Bump
Please take a look at my suggestion and show support to try and make Chickensmoothie more colorblind-friendly! :)
It's to add an "outcome counter" to each pet outcome. This way it's easier to tell pets apart from other pets in the same litter and people are less likely to trade away pets they only had one of!
Friendlyflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Keith- » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:12 pm

I have also struggled with the BJD dog litter. The eye color helps a bit, but it's still hard.

I'm down for anything that helps with accessibility for others, and this isn't something major either. A small mention under the pet would be so great!
-Keith-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowStarFang » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm

I'd like to agree and add on to this: I have the same pets throughout multiple different groups: Sometimes on purpose and sometimes not. I loose track easily from this.
I would especially like it if I could go into the archive and not just see: You own this pet, but perhaps a number.

Ie: You currently own 2 of this pet.
Of course, this can be it's own Archives. Such as, we have a full site archive, a wishlist archive and then the new 'owned archive' or 'number archive'. I would use it quite often, especially with new litters and telling pets apart on older litters! I just ran into a handful of pets with multiple of the same ones because I couldn't tell if they were the same pet or different pets.

Like any pet though, they will only shown up as owned once fully grown so any older pets it'll show how many you have, vs newer litters it won't mention how many you have until a fully grown one is there and it'll be added on as more fully grown ones appear.

For Example: This Pet I have 2-3 of them, and I only know this by digging through 100+ pages of multiple groups to find them and make sure I had at least one not in my trade groups. I'd find this a lot easier to know how many I am looking for to organize, and it can help me to cross reference that I'm not holding on to more pets than I want to, allowing me to trade/gift/etc the extra pets.

If it is not too difficult to code, a listing of which groups they are in may be helpful to some users! Though I imagine this could be more difficult/impossible on this last part.
Status Updated: 09/07/23 @08:15
Our baby is here now, so I am super busy and occupied
by his shenanigans <3 Wouldn’t trade any of it.
Unfortunately, that does mean I am at a standstill on
commissions and other Oekaki art until further notice.

Art & Commissions
PM me if you would like to order a commission! Previews
are listed in my DeviantArt in the Commissions folder.

About Me!
Hello everyone, I am ShadowStarFang! Most refer to me as
Shadow, though I also go by Tess, Solar, and Fangy.
My pronouns are she/her and I am currently
happily married to my high school sweetheart <3 08/16/2020
The horse to the right is my old Polish Arab mare, Rodeo.
I drew my Avatar Please Don't Steal!
ShadowStarFang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faeh » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:13 pm

support!
faeh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyflyer » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Bump
Please take a look at my suggestion and show support to try and make Chickensmoothie more colorblind-friendly! :)
It's to add an "outcome counter" to each pet outcome. This way it's easier to tell pets apart from other pets in the same litter and people are less likely to trade away pets they only had one of!
Friendlyflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lanayru » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:26 am

Support, especially if it would be toggleable!
Click the cat for my FR!
Lanayru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyflyer » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:01 pm

The dwarf hamsters from today reminded me of this... bump
Friendlyflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CHINARIZING » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:24 pm

Major support!

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me