[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet (SEE POST 1)

Postby Imabox » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:47 am

@ 'Possum actually I suggested that the last page and biggest thing people seemed to be worried about is that it would "cause chaos" although someone brought up a point which I have to agree with which is that currently the only pets that have no tag are custom pets.I think if we remove the tag completely it could start being compared to the custom pets so I thought of a different suggestion just a couple posts above yours asking about instead of removing their rarity tag they'd just get their own rarity tag.

This way custom pets still stand out from other pets because they don't have a rarity tag, but store pets can't be viewed and valued the same way as regular pets because it doesn't have a "VR tag" or "OMGSR tag", but it has a "Store Pet teg". Something like making it some kind of shiny silver tag that just says Store Pet or Blue or really any color that hasn't been used before as their own tag. I'm sure initially it might cause some uproar, but once the novelty of the new tag calms down I don't see there being too big of an issue because it would be applied to EVERY store pet including all new store pets.

It was just a suggestion to make the store pets stand out as a "hey these don't have the same value as other pets" which I mean is true. It's really hard to compare Store Pets value to other pets and honestly it doesn't make much sense to give them a set value because unlike every other pet on the site...they won't be released again.
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:03 am

@ Imabox. I LOVE this idea.

To add to it. Why don't they give customs a tag saying CUSTOM.

So everything on the site has a tag. And customs and store pets will be designated accordingly as both outside of CS pet values.

With the Rares List being totally revamped right now, there was already a lot of talk about removing the store pets from the list because their values are already such an "anything goes" type of thing.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:15 am

I would personally vouch for an added tag much rather then removing rarity tags, the rarity tags help with keeping the store pets and their worth relateable. Remove the rarity and people dont know what to pay. Now at least people still know that an omg so rare should (obvs?) be worth more then a very rare store pet?

Also i wanted to add that there are def people who dont collect store pets or consider them part of a complete colllection, same goes for the URs.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:23 am

DaDwarf wrote:I would personally vouch for an added tag much rather then removing rarity tags, the rarity tags help with keeping the store pets and their worth relateable. Remove the rarity and people dont know what to pay. Now at least people still know that an omg so rare should (obvs?) be worth more then a very rare store pet?

Also i wanted to add that there are def people who dont collect store pets or consider them part of a complete colllection, same goes for the URs.

I'm definitely more down for this, and was just about to mention that. Now that the skelebun went omgsr we know it's rare than we first thought. Without that it would probably still have been stuck on it's tier, right? So it doesn't make sense to remove that altogether...

And there is definitely different ways of viewing complete collections. I don't view URS as a complete collection, because they're so hard to obtain. Others don't view the store pets as one. Personal decisions for that.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Hey, it was a pretty neat suggestion, but lets just disagree politely. :|
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Anyways, how about we get back to the actual subject instead of straying so much?

I haven't really thought about how I feel about removal of rarity tags, but I don't feel like I'm opposed to it.

I do think that the Store Pets should have some kind of indication they aren't part of a normal collection, but I don't think they should be removed from the archives all together.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm

But I don't understand why store pets shouldn't be counted as part of a normal collection? They always have and to change it now just because one pet has become a little harder to obtain just...doesn't make sense.

Let's be honest, the average person will never achieve a complete collection anyway.
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Aralas wrote:
    But I don't understand why store pets shouldn't be counted as part of a normal collection? They always have and to change it now just because one pet has become a little harder to obtain just...doesn't make sense.

Let's be honest, the average person will never achieve a complete collection anyway.

They were never intended to be part of a normal collection, according to Tess. That just wasn't made very clear and is just something she's stated numerous times in the past, so not a lot of people have seen it. Heck, I didn't even see it until this whole deal, but I do think it could be a helpful solution for people, since store pets won't be rereleased. Maybe people won't feel so pressured that a store pet has gone OMGSR.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 pm

In my diabolical opinion, the only way you can delete accounts is after a huge amount of time. Like, say, 50 to 100 years of inactivity. If someone doesn't log in after that much time, they never will...

But can you wait that long for a 1 in a 5,000,000 (or however many CS users are on at that time) chance at getting a UO pet?

I will also agree that Tag Removal is out of the question. If these were not "normal" collectibles, they would not be so actively integrated in our society.

Giving them a custom tag sounds like a demand boost to hell. HEY GUYS! Look at my shiny pet with its special tag! Its ever BETTER than a normal pet!..

No... Bad idea imo.

Maybe in the future people will change their minds (about not re-releases) and the admins might follow. But I theorize that greed would keep it from happening. Because who wouldn't want a pet worth 100 UR Tigers one day? Even if its only like 3 people left with them.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:I would personally vouch for an added tag much rather then removing rarity tags, the rarity tags help with keeping the store pets and their worth relateable. Remove the rarity and people dont know what to pay. Now at least people still know that an omg so rare should (obvs?) be worth more then a very rare store pet?

I'm definitely more down for this, and was just about to mention that. Now that the skelebun went omgsr we know it's rare than we first thought. Without that it would probably still have been stuck on it's tier, right? So it doesn't make sense to remove that altogether...

And there is definitely different ways of viewing complete collections. I don't view URS as a complete collection, because they're so hard to obtain. Others don't view the store pets as one. Personal decisions for that.

I'm going to politely quote this, as I really did think this was valid.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups