[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet (SEE POST 1)

Postby arabella !! » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Maybe the title should change so it can let users know about the archive idea?

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:45 pm

I guess the question I have is why would we feel the need to separate the Store Pets in the archives?

I'm just not entirely sure why people feel so strongly about having them be removed from the archives? From what I've gathered people want to view them more as custom pets instead of collection pets, but I'm just not seeing the benefit to removing them from the archives (or moving them). They were being compared to like the Smoothie, but that was a very unique situation where only a limited number of people got one if they were involved in the situation so it makes sense to not have them on the archives because it was kind of special occasion. The store pets might not be able to come back but there are still plenty of them out there to trade for and they weren't limited to anyone in particular.

I mentioned it (and others) before but even if we just moved them I just think it would cause confusion and spike the demand up.

I dunno this is mostly just me posting to ask everyone who wants to move them why they think it would benefit? Just interested in the opposite opinion XD (very possible I missed the reasons, but I'm also pretty tired so...I'm blaming it on fatigue xD)
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowCharizard » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:48 pm

just to pop in, I do not support removing them from the archives. they may not be intended to be required for an official complete collection, but what about other arbitrary collections such as "all store pets," as I believe someone mentioned earlier... or "all black and white pets" -- which coincidentally, is something I'm trying to complete, and more than a few store pets fit under that category.

I see people comparing trying to trade for skelebuns in the future like trading for a rainbow smoothie -- while it's true that the same stagnation might occur for skelebuns in the far future. And while drawing that parallel might be useful to predict what trading for them will be like if they are removed from the archives and given similar status.... we must consider that they have some pretty key differences between them currently. Withholding the rainbow smoothie from the archives is not the same as removing an actual PET from the archives. The rainbow smoothie and the chicken o's items are practically customs, as only very small amounts were given out either for contests or even more arbitrary reasons (glares at the rainbow smoothie). The store pets were not originally customs... they were released to the public... In the example of the smoothie, only about 10 were given out iirc. So even if accounts containing them go dead, the difference between 10 and a number under 10 is not so great as the difference between whatever number of skelebuns exist in circulation now vs the number of skelebuns that will be in circulation after a substantial number of accounts containing them go dead... You can't just remove the skelebun from the archives even if it's out of circulation, because so many of them still will simply ***~~~~exist~~~~~~***** trapped in ice, while with the rainbow smoothie this is very much minimized because so few of them existed in the first place.

haha oh shoot @Imabox made a similar point to me talking about the rainbow smoothie but I'm not erasing this I spent too much time typing this .

And what of the newer, less rare store pets? It would be awkward to not have them in the archives for trading purposes.

[as a note: you could replace "skelebuns" with any storepet facing this problem]
    x

vv▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ!)▬▬▬▬
╔═══════════════════╗xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
placeholder textxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
placeholder textxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
deviantARTYouTubexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
extra link herexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╚═══════════════════╝xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxImage
vv▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

x
icon creditxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RainbowCharizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Yeah, I agree with RainbowCharizard and Imabox.

To me, there's really no reason to remove them from the archive just because they suddenly turned omg so rare. There's still tons of them onsite and after this initial spike of interest dies down, they'll probably just be like any pet on the top of the rares list; rare, but not impossible to get. I agree with everyone who's said that they'll just spike in demand if they're placed separately because they'll be viewed as an even "rarer" and "more unique" pet. If you're not wanting their value to skyrocket to the stratosphere, then placing them on a pedestal isn't the way to go.
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby Aaron✦ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:18 am

Imabox wrote:
I guess the question I have is why would we feel the need to separate the Store Pets in the archives?

nickjr wrote:I know I said I won't be in contact until Feb 10 but I have to make this post

I've been keeping up with the thread and I really do think there is a lot of misunderstanding and misreading going on.

Please be careful. I am honestly confused at some of the replies I'm seeing because I'm like "but that wasn't mentioned/that's not at all what the person is saying/you're replying to something that wasn't even said......" way more often than I expected

Edit: since I'm here and I was the one who brought up kicking the store pets from the archives, here was my thought process and I don't know if I made it clear:

Tess posted in 2009 that she doesn't view store pets as necessary for a full collection.

Okay so I can understand not rereleasing them but why are they in the archives and why do they appear the same as all other pets?? They just look like any other pet. There's nothing to set them off. They look like pets needed for a full collection. Do you follow me? All they have is the label "Store pets" and even the label looks the same as any other label. If you're going for a full collection, you're going for everything that's addable to the WL.

I'm a bit blasé with the emotions of the masses, so I suggested booting them. I would also support the separate archives thing.

Just reposting this for clarity for those asking why this is a big deal/what the argument is. It really is vital that the whole discussion is read.

Still in support of this in whatever form, be that removal or a separate archive.

If the store pets are not rereleased then there will be a time when they become unobtainable and we need a way to establish that they're not the same as other pets, not on the same level as other pets, for newer players.

Personally I don't think Lucky's suggestion of a disclaimer will make this difference clear enough. The main issue with this is the demand problem. So I think the main question is how do we establish this separation without a demand spike?

@Aralas it's not so much that it's vital to make changes now, but as the skelebun going omgsr is the last indication of its rarity, nickjr said that it's a good idea to at least start the discussion now. The store pets already are on a different kind of level to other pets because they won't be rereleased. There's a quote from Tess explaining that better a few pages back.

Sorry if this comes across a bit short or blunt and for any typos, I'm on mobile in college so I wanted to get this up~

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:57 am

grr. wrote:
I agree with the second point made. Store pets are not rereleased for a reason- they are very very hard to obtain, making them very special to the game. Yes, some users store them away and whatever but thats their decision. If the store pets do not get rereleased, then their worth with rise with ease in the next few years. This is basically the point of store pets. If they get rereleased, obtaining them wont be a challenge like it was when there were few in circulation. Wouldnt this get boring overtime? Also, the december 18th release idea- if some new player gets a store pet they will get scam as soon as they ask what thier pet is worth on the december 18th thread. Knowing that you can obtain a pet from scamming another user is very frightening to me [i see this happening too much on december 18th]

Obtaining store pets are supposed to be very hard, especially those from 09 and 10. Its supposed to be a challenge.

To sum this up, i oppose the idea of even rereleasing one skelebun. We should preserve the uniqueness of these hard to find store pets, making it harder and more challenging to add these pets into your collection.

I dont understand why the store pets would even be removed from the archives in the first place. As I said before, most users, new players, whatever, will never see this discussion. Imagine this- a fellow user is collecting store pets for their collection. Suddenly, they go into the archives and- kablamo- no store pets in sight. Sooner or later, they'll start to panic, and when they see some other user with the store pets they are missing they'll think "oh jeez they're like super rare cause they're not listed in the archieves let me pay a raven dog for the new lion set." And well, after that panic starts to arise and we will see a few hundred "where did the store pets go?" or "do store pets still exist?" in the help forums. Crappy example but it gets the point across.
Anyway, we've got the opinions of what, a few twenty or so users on this thread? that isnt enough to make a large desision such as removing pets from the archives. We also need the consent of Nick or Tess to make this decision. Who knows what side theyre on.
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:15 am

not sure where remove the completely from archive was brought up or why everyone is solely focused on that, it really doesn't make sense to remove them entirely at all.
im all in for having them their own section in the archives whether it be in pet section as they are now with a little note stating they won't be released again so there's less discussion/spam topics about bringing them back when tess/nick have no plan on bringing them back. Or having a separate all together with that notice.

i also hear that giving then their own archive will spark demand higher? it seems a bit farfetchd
personally i have no problem trading "high list pets" for never to be released store pets bought with real currency which will ultimately end up being worth more than the list pet from 08 that was free.
Last edited by bvrd on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:43 am

@Irisidium thanks for reposting that for me, like I mentioned I was really tired and I was trying to read through the first post and other posts but I was really out of it xD

@bvrd which you bring up a good point. I don't have much to say minus that because I was about to post when you posted so instead if changing it I just figured to add this. Although I'm not too worried about older fellows, but the newer ones because while they might eventually be with more they just currently aren't simply for the amount of them out there and that might even be the case with done older ones like the Raven. Just a little side note thought.

I do have one idea that has been sitting in my mind and I've been trying to put more thought to it before I posted it and after reading some posts in the Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion had made me realize this might work. I don't know if we can or if Nick or Tess would want to, but what if we remove the rarity tags from the Store Pets? I was worried that this might give off a similar issue as stated before, but here's my thoughts...

The moment the Skelebun became OMGSR everyone wanted one and this was just because of its tag. Same with other pets as well people become more interested in the pet when the value goes up so what if we took away the "value" store pets have (along with removing them from the Rare's List which we've been discussing)? It might cause people to stop viewing them so highly because you don't know how rare they are and then you'd only be trading for them if you actually wanted them.

Again I don't know if that would work in the way I imagine it will or if it'll have the same issue as moving them. We could always try both options and move them while also taking away their rarity tag? Well that's just my thoughts
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:48 am

Removing the rarity tag would make it so much worse. The only pets with no rarity as of now are customs. People would think store pets are at that level and it'd be awful trying to trade for them.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:23 am

Imabox wrote: @bvrd which you bring up a good point. I don't have much to say minus that because I was about to post when you posted so instead if changing it I just figured to add this. Although I'm not too worried about older fellows, but the newer ones because while they might eventually be with more they just currently aren't simply for the amount of them out there and that might even be the case with done older ones like the Raven. Just a little side note thought.

good point about newer store pets, it might just be me since im more of an item collector, but in my eyes store pets will always be worth more than just a normal released pet, just for the pure fact that 1) store pets are bought with real money so now they have established value 2) never released again so over time it's making them rarer and rarer which raises the value.

removing the rarity would cause chaos. :')
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me