All Event Suggestion Thread

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: All Event Suggestion Thread

Postby CHINARIZING » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:23 pm

Don't mind me, back at it again with the East/Southeast Asia-related suggestions

Mid-Autumn Festival is a very popular and important festival, on par with Lunar New Year for countries that celebrate both.

Some other ideas: Dragon Boat Festival, Songkran, Holi, Diwali

Also, others have brought up Talk Like a Pirate Day and I want to see that as a mini-event so bad!

Edit: Also, a World Teacher's Day? Globally it's held on October 5th and I could see so many adorable pets: a chicken surrounded by chicks running around and squawking, a dog with glasses with a chalkboard behind them, maybe some references to more culture-specific teachers like how teachers are more revered in China, Korea, Japan and Vietnam with regards to Confucianism and college professors.
Last edited by CHINARIZING on Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nexius » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:15 pm

Idk if this thread is only for design ideas, otherwise my suggestions maybe belong somewhere else, but these are just thing's I've been thinking about regarding events on CS and the suggestions I would love input on!

Premium event pets
Every major event (Easter, Summer Vacation, Halloween, and Christmas) should have a themed store pet set available for the time the event is running as well as the regular store pet releases throughout the year. Just 1-3 pets at C$20-25 each for each event would work well as a C$ sink.

10 token pets
Three of the four major events operate via token trade-ins for a decent portion of the pets. In recent years I’ve noticed that even with increasing the amount of tokens needed to obtain a single pet (going from 2-3 to 3-4) many token pets still end up uncommon due to high volumes of people trading in for them. It can be frustrating to work very hard to stock pile tokens and trade them in in hopes of gaining decent trade fodder for my larger goals on CS only to have many of the 4 token pets end up as only uncommons. I suggest that each event have a ‘token sink’ pet or litter that is around 10 tokens per pet. Lower amounts of people will be able or will want to spend that amount of tokens on it and thus will be obtained at a lower rate than the standard 3-4 token pets. This can guarantee this pet ends up at least rare or could possibly end up very rare on occasion. Having more tokens being spent on this ‘high value’ pet/litter could also act as a way to slightly reduce the amount of other token pets obtained and thus lead to more token pets being rare rather than uncommon.

Decrease the amount of monthly litters and put the art work efforts into small events
There are typically 8-10 monthly litters released each month which can easily be cut down and diverting the workload necessary to design these pets toward smaller holidays. For example horses and ponies are generally considered medium-low demand pets but we have had 2 litters being released in a single month for 8 out of the 12 months of 2022. If CS kept it at one horse/pony litter per month (let’s just say for calculations sake that litters on average have 4 outcomes) then that’s 4x8=32 pet designs that could be used instead for small events! And that’s not even counting the baby and ‘adolescent’ designs that are also created for monthly litters so the number would actually be well over 32. Focusing on creating more themed pets/items for more small holidays would also help to increase engagement throughout the months that have no major events.
Nexius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:32 am

I really love the summer events! This mainly for the items that are released every event.
I always have and ALWAYS WILL appreciate and love all nature items that can be put together for backgrounds.
I'd love maybe even a trip in the mountains type of theme!
Loads of rocks, snow, maybe even a rescue event in the snow and to clear all snow from perhaps a village.
Maybe even a hike to view the beautiful waterfalls, rivers and more!

Items I'd REALLY love to see from a summer event
- Water falls
- More bodies of water like rivers and such
- perhaps river fish and critters
- Mountain creatures (maybe even a mission to help rescue animals and bring them home as pets or companions!)
- Huge variety of rocks from sizes, shapes and colors! I always appreciate the different styles & sizes especially!)
- Travel wagons & buggies
- Maybe a few different types of tents from single to family size to ones for shops with even lil window or even regular family size with door and windows.
- At least a few backgrounds with different mountain views, rivers, and waterfalls! (I know there are some but I just LOVE them so much!)
- I REALLY love it when there are tokens that are nature items! I seriously loved the gem/stone & plant tokens we've had so far!
- MORE patches of grass & dirt in different styles!
- Small patches of snow, ice and icicles
- Maybe some struggling plant items from being to cold?
- Different styles of caves and items that can surround caves but be places as put together as I SERIOUSLY love the put together with multiple pieces! <3

NPC IDEAS
- Maybe one dressed up as big foot
- Mountain goat couple or even family!
- Tour guide that's maybe a deer or buck or even a moose
- NPC at a large Shop tent that maybe needs help on better support for the storms
- NPC to help mine some different rocks, stones and gems! I seriously love finding token rocks/stones/gems.
- Help an NPC tend to their farm crops. Keep them from freezing and keep them watered.
- Help an NPC gather materials that can be used for making new clothing for the villagers
- Cater to the needs of each NPC while a storm hits
- Help an NPC search for a cave to move all farm animals and villagers to until storm is over

Also would appreciate just in general ANY event that grants nature items as they REALLY have helped build such epic sceneries! I've got probably couple hundred not even in my dress-up gallery heheh

I read the post above me by Nexius and I agree with their suggestions! <-- just a vote for support!
Last edited by KathrynKat on Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:35 am

Nexius wrote:Idk if this thread is only for design ideas, otherwise my suggestions maybe belong somewhere else, but these are just thing's I've been thinking about regarding events on CS and the suggestions I would love input on!

Premium event pets
Every major event (Easter, Summer Vacation, Halloween, and Christmas) should have a themed store pet set available for the time the event is running as well as the regular store pet releases throughout the year. Just 1-3 pets at C$20-25 each for each event would work well as a C$ sink.

10 token pets
Three of the four major events operate via token trade-ins for a decent portion of the pets. In recent years I’ve noticed that even with increasing the amount of tokens needed to obtain a single pet (going from 2-3 to 3-4) many token pets still end up uncommon due to high volumes of people trading in for them. It can be frustrating to work very hard to stock pile tokens and trade them in in hopes of gaining decent trade fodder for my larger goals on CS only to have many of the 4 token pets end up as only uncommons. I suggest that each event have a ‘token sink’ pet or litter that is around 10 tokens per pet. Lower amounts of people will be able or will want to spend that amount of tokens on it and thus will be obtained at a lower rate than the standard 3-4 token pets. This can guarantee this pet ends up at least rare or could possibly end up very rare on occasion. Having more tokens being spent on this ‘high value’ pet/litter could also act as a way to slightly reduce the amount of other token pets obtained and thus lead to more token pets being rare rather than uncommon.

Decrease the amount of monthly litters and put the art work efforts into small events
There are typically 8-10 monthly litters released each month which can easily be cut down and diverting the workload necessary to design these pets toward smaller holidays. For example horses and ponies are generally considered medium-low demand pets but we have had 2 litters being released in a single month for 8 out of the 12 months of 2022. If CS kept it at one horse/pony litter per month (let’s just say for calculations sake that litters on average have 4 outcomes) then that’s 4x8=32 pet designs that could be used instead for small events! And that’s not even counting the baby and ‘adolescent’ designs that are also created for monthly litters so the number would actually be well over 32. Focusing on creating more themed pets/items for more small holidays would also help to increase engagement throughout the months that have no major events.

I have a feeling this will get buried here. Please please make it a thread on the site suggestions area! I would love to discuss this.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:42 pm

KathrynKat wrote:Items I'd REALLY love to see from a summer event
- Water falls
- More bodies of water like rivers and such
- perhaps river fish and critters
- Mountain creatures (maybe even a mission to help rescue animals and bring them home as pets or companions!)
- Huge variety of rocks from sizes, shapes and colors! I always appreciate the different styles & sizes especially!)
- Travel wagons & buggies
- Maybe a few different types of tents from single to family size to ones for shops with even lil window or even regular family size with door and windows.
- At least a few backgrounds with different mountain views, rivers, and waterfalls! (I know there are some but I just LOVE them so much!)
- I REALLY love it when there are tokens that are nature items! I seriously loved the gem/stone & plant tokens we've had so far!
- MORE patches of grass & dirt in different styles!
- Small patches of snow, ice and icicles
- Maybe some struggling plant items from being to cold?
- Different styles of caves and items that can surround caves but be places as put together as I SERIOUSLY love the put together with multiple pieces! <3

NPC IDEAS
- Maybe one dressed up as big foot
- Mountain goat couple or even family!
- Tour guide that's maybe a deer or buck or even a moose
- NPC at a large Shop tent that maybe needs help on better support for the storms
- NPC to help mine some different rocks, stones and gems! I seriously love finding token rocks/stones/gems.
- Help an NPC tend to their farm crops. Keep them from freezing and keep them watered.
- Help an NPC gather materials that can be used for making new clothing for the villagers
- Cater to the needs of each NPC while a storm hits
- Help an NPC search for a cave to move all farm animals and villagers to until storm is over

I really love this idea! If it's okay, I'd like to add some input. Maybe the tokens could be different types of rocks that you can find in various mountain ranges (Rockies, Andes, etc.). For banner pets, what if there were rock pets or snow pets based on actual mountain ranges. I think it would be really cute to have an NPC dressed up as a big foot or a yeti selling rocks with big footprints and other "evidence" of bigfoot. I love the idea of a mountain goat family, thats so sweet! I think it would be cool if as part of their lore they had just gotten back from a trip to get salt. [click!] I think for some pet ideas we could have goats, glasses bears from the Andes, etc.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverin » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:39 am

A strange multiverse mash-up of past Summer events would be neat. The pets could be April fools-like, age-swapped, and cross-over litters. Some of the places could have fun little lore updates. Mixed items would be kind of wild to see.

A comic book summer event could also be fun with CS heros, villains, sidekicks, secret hideouts, comic styles, etc.
Silverin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby not zinnia » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:32 am

I LOVE the cloud event idea & the mountain ideas listed already in this thread, 100% second those.

I would like to propose a summer event: Masquerade Ball!
Some possible items would include...
- fancy masks (though we already have quite a few, so perhaps these could be fancy masks resembling different animal species)
- elaborate ballgowns & suits
- accessories like fancy jewelry, gloves, watches, etc.
- plates of appetizers
- the front of a house/castle (like your pet is waiting outside the front door)
- indoor items like floorboards, walls, hallways; candles, lamps, chandeliers; spiral staircases, balcony edges, doors; golden framed photos, marble statues, etc.

Some possible pets would include...
- marble statue themed pets
- dwarf hamster waitstaff
- pets with feathers & lace designs
- various kinds of animals with natural 'masks' on their face
- jewelry themed pets
- candle themed pets
- the actual family throwing the party, maybe a lion family?
“Love does not make me gentle or kind.” —Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red

Art ShopTH
not zinnia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WishUponACzar » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:06 am

I found out that today (January 31st) is International Zebra Day, and considering zebras are a favorite animal of Tess', why not make it a celebrated mini event here on CS? I'd like to see more unique zebra designs made for the occasion!
why u highlighting my siggy, buddy?
HELP!
ImageImageImageImage
czar ✪ they/she ✪ central time
cs' resident wwi collector, beatlemaniac,
astros fan, and hobby cartoonist or smth
LF new UR 🐉 // 💻 UFA // art, chars, comms // 🍪📦🏰
WishUponACzar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conarcoin » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:35 am

i mentioned this in the thread about another pound event, but i think a pound donation drive where quantity and rarity of donated pets earns you tokens to use for exclusive pets, similar to neopets charity corner, and then another pound event, would be a really good idea and help to shake up the pound a bit from where it is now, at least for a little bit.

also national hedgehog day is february 2, definitely can't be done this year but next year maybe?

connor 🕯️ he/any 🎄 adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:39 am

conar ♡ wrote:i mentioned this in the thread about another pound event, but i think a pound donation drive where quantity and rarity of donated pets earns you tokens to use for exclusive pets, similar to neopets charity corner, and then another pound event, would be a really good idea and help to shake up the pound a bit from where it is now, at least for a little bit.

also national hedgehog day is february 2, definitely can't be done this year but next year maybe?

Agreed! I would love to see another pound event, especially because its gone downhill recently. It could really motivate users to donate their unwanted pets so there could be more pets in each opening :)

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝