FAQ -READ FIRST PLEASE

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: FAQ -READ FIRST PLEASE

Postby Jikkah » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 am

please dont ban me for posting this im a little confused can you "breed" these two and if you did what by anychance would they look like? http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/wishlist/149346
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jikkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 am

humming_bird34 wrote:please dont ban me for posting this im a little confused can you "breed" these two and if you did what by anychance would they look like? http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/wishlist/149346

You can't breed any CS pets.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:54 am

You may want to add something about chat boxes. A lot of people seem to be asking for them lately....
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mosaic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Ok. I know this question's been asked a lot. I also know that programming can be a giant pain in the butt (1 semester thus far of C++). If there were a 'pets for trade' search, I wouldn't think the difficulty would lie in how to search for the pet you wanted. The names are unofficial. Search by date released/breed/PPS syndrome/other actual data. The real difficulty would lie in connecting everyone's trading information to a common database, right?

And I guess the search function would take forever, too, sifting through thousands of accounts, and possibly slowing the entire site.
Mosaic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Mosaic wrote:Ok. I know this question's been asked a lot. I also know that programming can be a giant pain in the butt (1 semester thus far of C++). If there were a 'pets for trade' search, I wouldn't think the difficulty would lie in how to search for the pet you wanted. The names are unofficial. Search by date released/breed/PPS syndrome/other actual data. The real difficulty would lie in connecting everyone's trading information to a common database, right?

And I guess the search function would take forever, too, sifting through thousands of accounts, and possibly slowing the entire site.

It would be an enormous lag, like you said, but also that would get many more harassing PM's and such saying "Well you have this really hard to find pet. Will you trade it? Please? I'll give you three commons for it!" etc.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mosaic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 am

Not really. That would be the owner's mistake, leaving the pet unlocked for trades. Locked groups wouldn't be available to the search function...I guess I should have clarified that instead of just saying 'pets for trade' search function.
In the end, the trade search would probably be an expensive convenience. However, it would certainly compel players to disable trading for their groups--probably the primary cause for these annoying offers to begin with.
Mosaic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:06 am

The lag would be so terrible it wouldn't make sense to put such a feature in. We had to change the CS images to have them all look to a default image (so long as they had no items on them) instead of the individual pets. This alone tells you the limits of the server.

How about being able to count on your hand how many times a day the search function is disabled completely to make sure the site stays running up to par? Or when the users online is not displayed? Does putting in the feature you propose make sense?
Last edited by Shian on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mosaic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:07 am

Wow. Impressive.
This is totally unrelated. What language was CS coded in?
Mosaic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Um.. I have a question that I didn't see on the first page. Can COPPA'd users see trade rules? I keep getting horrid trades from various COPPA's users, so I am wondering of they can see my rules or not?

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Yes, they can see trade rules.