Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1045

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:18 pm

@birb the pound literally has hundreds of thousands of pets already xD even if I do manage to complete my collection I wouldn't add to many valuable pets

The only exception that might be nessicary is no deleting Store pets since they don't have any releases. Other rares do get replenished and even if you delete all your UC and below pets it won't make a difference
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:34 pm

I honestly just don't see the point of deletion? It takes a lot of effort, I can't picture anyone deleting their entire collection ... It takes like 4 clicks for each pet.

In my experience people have only used the delete feature to hurt others. I honestly don't see a real need for it either. I can't think of a single advantage it brings that isn't a direct attack on another member.

Additionally, I'm sure people who get it from the pound would enjoy it more than the vast nothingness of the digital graveyard ever could (or where ever deleted pets go lol). I love the design of many pets and I think it's a shame people would literally prefer to delete things instead of send them to the pound (which takes far less effort) or even leave them to rot in an account (which takes no effort at all).

Plus, if you ever did decide to come back one day, it would be a shame if you had decided to delete your pets. I know of many many members who return after years of inactivity.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 am

IlluminatiConfirmed wrote:
smofir. wrote:I'd support this suggestion if only we can continue this project: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3454317

And see how it goes? (:

Support but this, as well.

Plus, another reason;

It is known that scammers sometimes delete pets involved in shady trades, to 'erase' evidence.

Admins can revive deleted pets from a scam.
Though the adoption date and id will be feo the moment it got re-created.

I dont support.
If people want to delete a pet its their choice
If it was a goft from someone it can hurt the giver, but its the choice of the new owner.
They can also just trade or give it away, which can also hurt the original giver.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GermanNarutoOpening » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:44 am

SabrinaB wrote:
IlluminatiConfirmed wrote:
smofir. wrote:I'd support this suggestion if only we can continue this project: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3454317

And see how it goes? (:

Support but this, as well.

Plus, another reason;

It is known that scammers sometimes delete pets involved in shady trades, to 'erase' evidence.

Admins can revive deleted pets from a scam.
Though the adoption date and id will be feo the moment it got re-created.

I dont support.
If people want to delete a pet its their choice
If it was a goft from someone it can hurt the giver, but its the choice of the new owner.
They can also just trade or give it away, which can also hurt the original giver.

Tbh... If I were in the giver's situation, well I'd really prefer it if the so called "new owner" just sent my gift to the pound or gave it to someone else. Downright deleting my gift is very insulting, and yes, even hurtful to some extent. I could deal way better with the first scenario, but not this. I support.
GermanNarutoOpening

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:12 am

Eaglespirit wrote:No support
If I ever quit Id rather be able to delete the pets than do a feeding frenzy giveaway or send them to the pound where they'll rot for years before being adoptable again.
Any I knew were originally gifts Id try and give away though
Im pretty sure every pet site has some sort of delete option

Edit: Basically what I mean is you should have the freedom to choose what you want to do with pets you don't need/want

This is my feeling too. Just because you don't see a point to deleting a pet does not mean others haven't either. There are a fair number of people participating in the rarity project. this is encroaching on their gameplay.

There were a few times where I did need and use the delete option. Checkered hoards for example.
This one. Admittedly, this was during the time of unlimited adoptions, so any I deleted, I could just get or trade for more.

There was a time in 2008 where some users went out and deleted so many extras they had because they thought CS was running out of server space.

The only exception that might be nessicary is no deleting Store pets since they don't have any releases. Other rares do get replenished and even if you delete all your UC and below pets it won't make a difference

I don't agree with this either. Store pets are someone's reward for donating money to support the server. They should have a choice to get rid of it rather than be forced to give their reward to someone who hasn't earned it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 am

This post might be pointless since I'm neutral on this suggestion. I don't have a strong opinion in either direction because I understand both sides. There's nothing good that comes out of the delete feature + it can be used to bully someone (although I don't get why people would hurt themselves like that lol free pets are free pets...), but it's almost always been an option to just... delete a pet from existence if you really feel that strongly about it*, and I never really saw a strong enough reason to take away that option. I don't know. Maybe I'm still living in 2009 or something lol

There's a post I saw that makes me think we should keep the delete feature for a certain kind of pet, at the very least. However I don't want to post anything identifying about it publicly for the user's privacy (even though they made a post in the forums about it), so now I feel awkward...

* to elaborate: The thought process is kinda like this: It's my pet. I can do whatever I want with my pets. It's actually a little overbearing(? Wrong word sorry) if I can't do what I want with my pets because someone else is like "think of everyone else!!" It aaaaaalmost reminds me of how people are like "send your pets to the Pound when you quit instead of letting them rot on your account!" Hey they're my pets
Last edited by nickjr on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:44 am

I agree with Shian and can't support this idea.

Shian wrote:
This is my feeling too. Just because you don't see a point to deleting a pet does not mean others haven't either. There are a fair number of people participating in the rarity project. this is encroaching on their gameplay.

Just as people argue that hoarders are allowed to hoard as many high-demand list pets as they like because they are free to play the game in a way that they enjoy, you can argue the same here. If people are allowed to hoard pets that are highly limited in number already and effectively take those out of circulation, there shouldn't be any complaints against people deleting pets if they want to.

It simply wouldn't be fair to say that people can take lists out of circulation to hoard, meanwhile rarity change project participants cannot delete their omgsc ponies, if that makes any sense.

Besides, regardless of whether rare pets are taken out of circulation by hoarding or deletion, December 18th puts some more of those pets back into circulation again.

If a pet is deleted after a scam, the victim receives a copy of that pet anyway once it's been sorted out by the staff.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am

... All that being said, now I'm curious if there's actually a really high rate of the delete button being used to bully people? Because if that's the case then the entire picture changes.

If it's not that common of an occurrence then my stance is unchanged. Not common enough to really be a standalone strong reason to remove the delete button (wow my English is deteriorating). It would just be one more thing on the list of things that can be used to bully: deletion, mean dress-ups, pet names, PMs, usernames, trade messages, etc.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 pm

If you don't like an option, somply don't use it.
But others should have the freedom to do what they want once it's theirs.

Remember the tims of the Trade Rant Thread? I rarely saw any posts about a gift being deleted. And still it's a pretty rare case imo.
Most seem to prefer to trade it off for something else.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:01 pm

ahh i support! the only reason i can see the option being used is for the artificial rarity change project, which will honestly take a longgg time.

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t