Suggestion(s)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion(s)

Postby rine » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Wow. I've been here for maybe five hours and I'm already in love with the place.
I've made like 25 pets already :)

Anyway, here are my suggestions (mainly to do with the site itself)

1. When you're adopting a pet, at the typing-in-name stage, d'y'think we could choose what category to put it in there, so I didn't have to load all the My Petd page first, select the pet, and move it? I just thought it might savr a few steps :)

2. A pet suggestion page. You could have a variety of categories to sort all the mail you'd get, and it means you wouldn't have to slog through every post on the forum.

3. A Help page! Please, please, make a help page! This would also benefit you: instead of having to type out every tip over and over, you could just direct them to that page.

4. I'm an avid web desugner, and I have been fir a multitude of years. CS's layout is... er... lacking, shall I put it. Because I'm not old enough for a bank account, and because I really do love CS, I'll design you a few options, for free, and you can use them or not. If you (or anyone else reading this, for I do other websites for free too!) are interested, please email me at queenrine@gmail.com. Thanks! (I'm very good with HTML, CSS, Photoshop, drawing, and a couple other things, just so you know.)

5. I do a fair amount of browsing on my ipod touch, and navigating on a twoXthree inch screen isn't fun, lemmee tell ya :/ Perhaps you'd consider a mobile-friendly layout variation? (I'd do this, and for free, too, regardless if whether or not you accepted my offer :))

6. Have you thought about birds? The eggs should be pretty easy to draw, and the feathers are so much fun :)

Hope you liked my suggestions,
Rine //
Selling everything for AMG (Aramii)
rine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion(s)

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm

rine wrote:1. When you're adopting a pet, at the typing-in-name stage, d'y'think we could choose what category to put it in there, so I didn't have to load all the My Petd page first, select the pet, and move it? I just thought it might savr a few steps :)

That'd be great, I will add it soon.

3. A Help page! Please, please, make a help page! This would also benefit you: instead of having to type out every tip over and over, you could just direct them to that page.

We do have a "basics" topic at the top of every forum. We are planning to re-write a lot of the explanations on the site. We don't see a huge need for a separate help page at the moment. If you have a suggestion on something that is totally unclear without a help page, I'd be glad to hear it.

4. I'm an avid web desugner, and I have been fir a multitude of years. CS's layout is... er... lacking, shall I put it.

We're quite happy with our current design, thanks.

5. I do a fair amount of browsing on my ipod touch, and navigating on a twoXthree inch screen isn't fun, lemmee tell ya :/ Perhaps you'd consider a mobile-friendly layout variation? (I'd do this, and for free, too, regardless if whether or not you accepted my offer :))

We're not interested in the extra development and testing time for the tiny percentage of our users on mobile devices. We don't test on the ancient Internet Explorer 5 either, which has a similar share of visitors.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me