tiered / multiple custom block lists

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

general thoughts?

this should be added
80%
this should NOT be added
20%

Total votes : 30

Re: tiered / multiple custom block lists

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri May 06, 2022 2:22 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:Yes, please. I have a couple people blocked for other reasons but the rest is over trade reasons. Blocking for trade reason also blocks anything they post on the forums, which is not what I want to do.

Yep, same with me, 90% or 95% of the Players I've blocked are because of "a poor Trade Experience" to avoid wasting time and energy "for a next time" (for Trades), but I don't mind them posting on the Forums..., without having each time to "manually" open their Post(s)..., one by one if they posted several times or if several of those "Blocked" Users post in the same Thread... (which regularly happens during Events...).

BUT...!, I would still "like" a (Colour) Sign or Special (Unicode) Char (=> "" for example) next to their Username indicating that they are on my 'Trade' Blocklist, => to avoid me initializing a Trade/Swap with them, as this is a bit of a "vicious circle", Players who end up on my Foe-List are often frequent Posters on the Forum (either Swap/Outcomes/Discussion Threads). :idea:

Just like having a "" next to the Username of a Player who's on our Friends List would also be "useful" when they post on the Forum, (especially in Swap Threads), then I would know directly, "oh...!, this Player is on my Friends List, then I already had some "nice Contact/Trade(s)" with them in the past, => better try with this Player first"... :idea:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: tiered / multiple custom block lists

Postby Gamezelle » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:48 pm

Digging this out of a dark corner of the suggestion forum to say I would absolutely love custom block lists with specific settings.

As stated above by @CaptainSpank and @Wookieinmashoo, it would be great to set apart "bad trades" users from "bad person" users.

I'm currently not using the block button at all because of that, someone trying to scam me is still someone you can have nice interactions with in the forums.
Someone who have very aggressive opinions is still a potential user with WL pets, especially if they're an old and influential player.

It would also be nice to have the possibility to add a short note or description on each blocked user to remember why we did that precisely.
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me