Item Year / Rarity Indicator

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should items have dates and rarities?

Yes, both dates and rarities.
63%
Dates only, no rarity.
33%
Rarities only, no dates.
2%
No, neither dates nor rarities.
2%

Total votes : 199

Re: Item Year / Rarity Indicator

Postby Lex. » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:41 am

Items cannot have their own rarity [it's been declined before and I'm pretty sure it isn't feasible anyway] but I like the idea of adding on dates to items!

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keayi » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:44 am

Just offering a little tip, I learned that if you type into google: "[item name] Chickensmoothie archive," the first or second link will take you to the page of the archive that that item is found on! Since almost every items on CS has a unique name, it has been quite effective for me!
keayi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxglove Jam » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:45 am

CousinEnby wrote:
Foxglove Jam wrote:✨️I am reviving this thread✨️

Thank you! 🙏

I think there's still a need for considering at least some sort of markers for items to reduce ambiguity when trading. I had thought of possibly having something like a date indicator and a 'exclusive' indicator (if CS don't want to add rarity indicators to items) for items released in events only, to help distinguish between event items and non-events items/ items available in the store

👏👏👏 YES definitely at least would be nice to distinguish store items from free, and possibly even for those currently available... Especially with how vaguely items are named (no shade intended, it's just hard to which Egg is the one in a trade 🥴)

Haha, you're welcome! Yeah, I suppose it's understandable that items are an afterthought compared to pets, but seeing as some items are special releases compared to others, it'd make sense to allocate a bit more information to them. Thanks for making the thread, btw!
Foxglove Jam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:47 am

keayi wrote:Just offering a little tip, I learned that if you type into google: "[item name] Chickensmoothie archive," the first or second link will take you to the page of the archive that that item is found on! Since almost every items on CS has a unique name, it has been quite effective for me!

Yes, that's often effective, unless you're looking for "Mug" :(
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxglove Jam » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:51 am

Lex. wrote:Items cannot have their own rarity [it's been declined before and I'm pretty sure it isn't feasible anyway] but I like the idea of adding on dates to items!

Ah that's helpful to know! I suppose it makes sense, given how item rarity would be a nightmare with some items being added to the c$ store after a period of them being free! I really hope the suggestion about dates is considered though!

keayi wrote:Just offering a little tip, I learned that if you type into google: "[item name] Chickensmoothie archive," the first or second link will take you to the page of the archive that that item is found on! Since almost every items on CS has a unique name, it has been quite effective for me!

Ah, I've had to do that a few times but this is a good reminder nonetheless! That said, although it's not quite relevant to this thread, I wish we could have the same user interface we have for pets, for items too, to at least give us the freedom to make collections/folders etc. if dates and rarities/'exclusive/limited edition' indicators cannot be given :')
Foxglove Jam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OMGit`sKairi » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:05 pm

+1 support for this. Even just years would be very helpful if rarity labels aren't doable.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImageImage Image

OMGit`sKairi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:10 pm

id kill for this. as someone who enjoys a lot of items for just,,, having pretty trinket it can be hard for me to gauge when it is or is not okay to trade them away even with a double!! even if rarities arent feasible years would help so much
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fixmein45 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:12 pm

YES!!!! I WAS LITERALLY JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS EARLIER. Items are so hard to determine the rarity of, some kind of rarity system for items would be SO helpful!!
fixmein45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vinylteeth » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Big big support!!!
I always accidentally end up undertrading for items because I have no idea what they're worth and just see a cool item I want, it gets frustrating not knowing these things while trading :,>

adult user ✶ he/she/they
♡ happy new year! ♡

vinylteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxglove Jam » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:57 am

vinylteeth wrote:Big big support!!!
I always accidentally end up undertrading for items because I have no idea what they're worth and just see a cool item I want, it gets frustrating not knowing these things while trading :,>

Argh, I know! I'm so glad you and a few others also feel the same; even if it's not a rarity indicator, having dates and/or the option to determine which item was a limited edition event one etc. would be super helpful! (I'm still sad about how I ended up trading all of my 2009 fairy lights by Malk, for uncommon pets released in 2022 💀💀💀I feel like a victim of a crime, haha).
Foxglove Jam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me