Item Year / Rarity Indicator

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should items have dates and rarities?

Yes, both dates and rarities.
63%
Dates only, no rarity.
33%
Rarities only, no dates.
2%
No, neither dates nor rarities.
2%

Total votes : 199

Re: Item Year / Rarity Indicator

Postby Larkspur1678 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:42 am

Big agree on adding years, though rarity may be a bit tricky. I know it’s been suggested before and been shot down for various reasons. If we can find a way for rarities to work I’m all for it, but I also have an alternative suggestion that may be useful. A big factor that goes into how the community values items is release method, was it a token trade-in, limited time store item, limited time free item, unlimited time free item, etc. Adding tags to distinguish how an item was given out could give users some sense of rarity while also adding some achievement goals like pets have, ie ‘you have collected all banner items from 2015’. Combining this with date would at least be a good first step imo.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:49 pm

Larkspur1678 wrote:Big agree on adding years, though rarity may be a bit tricky. I know it’s been suggested before and been shot down for various reasons. If we can find a way for rarities to work I’m all for it, but I also have an alternative suggestion that may be useful. A big factor that goes into how the community values items is release method, was it a token trade-in, limited time store item, limited time free item, unlimited time free item, etc. Adding tags to distinguish how an item was given out could give users some sense of rarity while also adding some achievement goals like pets have, ie ‘you have collected all banner items from 2015’. Combining this with date would at least be a good first step imo.

that's a good idea! rarity works for pets but giving the items their own tags might work a lot better.

for example, there's items like the standard lead, that are in the archive from the first few years, but they're still available for free in the store, and there's no telling how many people have redeemed that, and anyone with an account can have 3??? I'm realizing this makes rarity indicators difficult. but a "free from the store" or, idk, i'm not a genius with this stuff but. i feel like it will help
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:18 am

I would love to see item years added if possible, although I am not sure if it is retroactively. It would be cool to be able to see what date the item was acquired!

As for item rarities, this is something that has already been suggested and denied as items are released differently than pets in a way which makes adding rarities to it near impossible from what I understand.
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 14 gifts.

IMPORTANT INFO: For the description portion, you have to break up each line to fit within the invisible boundary. Try to fit it within the "page break".
reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby All Hallows Eve » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:50 am

I had to make a spreadsheet to quickly search an item name to see what year and month it's from.
It's in my signature, I need to update it.
Item Spreadsheet in Google Sheets through 2022: 2008-2022
I have a spreadsheet identifying 118 different 2021 UR Pumpkins (no re-release).
🎊 You've collected at least 12000 different pets! 🎉
All Hallows Eve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:58 am

All Hallows Eve wrote:I had to make a spreadsheet to quickly search an item name to see what year and month it's from.

we always have to Google it exactly like: "Item Name" ChickenSmoothie archive and it usually works... unless there's multiples, like the name of "Mug" and we have to sort through several years visually 🥴
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:49 am

All Hallows Eve wrote:I had to make a spreadsheet to quickly search an item name to see what year and month it's from.

I know this isn't a discussion thread, but I did end up putting together a list of items (how they were gotten and how many) and was intending to finish it, but due to complete burnout and community lack of interest I gave up. Feel free to include it with your spreadsheet:

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4708563
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:17 pm

not sure if it's okay to bump these 🥲 so please let me know if not

but i really would appreciate this, as more items become available with very straightforward names, it's getting harder and harder to figure out what's what in terms of the archive
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:55 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:Big agree on adding years, though rarity may be a bit tricky. I know it’s been suggested before and been shot down for various reasons. If we can find a way for rarities to work I’m all for it, but I also have an alternative suggestion that may be useful. A big factor that goes into how the community values items is release method, was it a token trade-in, limited time store item, limited time free item, unlimited time free item, etc. Adding tags to distinguish how an item was given out could give users some sense of rarity while also adding some achievement goals like pets have, ie ‘you have collected all banner items from 2015’. Combining this with date would at least be a good first step imo.

I support this. At the very least being able to sort items into categories of how they were obtained would be more useful.
Dates are less needed I feel as you can ask other users for help on years.
As for rarities, I don't support item rarities. I like items being separate from pets in that way, were there isn't a defined label being put on them.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxglove Jam » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:34 am

✨️I am reviving this thread✨️

I was super curious if anyone else has also started thinking about revisiting adding dates and/or rarity markers to items, following the recent discussion about updating how rarities are calculated and shown on CS?

I remember returning back to CS earlier in the year and being scammed out of items that the community would class as 'rare' because I didn't know any better (haha, that's life though) so I think there's still a need for considering at least some sort of markers for items to reduce ambiguity when trading. I had thought of possibly having something like a date indicator and a 'exclusive' indicator (if CS don't want to add rarity indicators to items) for items released in events only, to help distinguish between event items and non-events items/ items available in the store, but I'm not sure if that'd work, or be a good option or suggestion :(
Foxglove Jam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:39 am

Foxglove Jam wrote:✨️I am reviving this thread✨️

Thank you! 🙏

I think there's still a need for considering at least some sort of markers for items to reduce ambiguity when trading. I had thought of possibly having something like a date indicator and a 'exclusive' indicator (if CS don't want to add rarity indicators to items) for items released in events only, to help distinguish between event items and non-events items/ items available in the store

👏👏👏 YES definitely at least would be nice to distinguish store items from free, and possibly even for those currently available... Especially with how vaguely items are named (no shade intended, it's just hard to which Egg is the one in a trade 🥴)
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

🥰 Image 🥰

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes