Search for an Item in Archives

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Search for an Item in Archives

Postby MidnightxCarousel » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:01 pm

Honestly I would love a feature like this on the website but on the discord there is a bot that tells you what year/even your item is from which is really helpful
I gotta remake my signature but I am lazy

I will do it later lolz
MidnightxCarousel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:02 pm

supporting 100%!! i think they should also allow us to sort by species in the archives ^^
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moshep » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:32 pm

Bump
moshep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby erinfinn » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:35 pm

hi! if you use discord you can get the poundbot made by haruyuki. all you do is copy the image address and paste it with the command ",id" and it'll tell you when it's from, as well as a link to the archive!

i do agree & support 100%!! there should be a way to do this on cs itself, for it'd be much reasonable and easier. as well as allowing those who don't have access to discord to have the ability to search items.

(sorry if any of this is hard to understand i'm so tired haha <3)

(edit: there's actually a super active discord server that has the poundbot in it that we all use frequently! it comes with several other commands too.
you can read more about the discord here. it's for those who are 13+! if you join you can go to the #pound-bot channel or #bot-spam and go ahead and type ",help" where there's a bunch of information for you (:
Last edited by erinfinn on Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi i'm erin!
she/her
erinfinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moshep » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:39 pm

erinfinn wrote:hi! if you use discord you can get the poundbot made by haruyuki. all you do is copy the image address and paste it with the command ",id" and it'll tell you when it's from, as well as a link to the archive!

i do agree & support 100%!! there should be a way to do this on cs itself, for it'd be much reasonable and easier. as well as allowing those who don't have access to discord to have the ability to search items.

(sorry if any of this is hard to understand i'm so tired haha <3)

It’s really interesting that that’s an option outside of the website! But unfortunately I don’t use discord, so while cool, it’s not a solution for me :)
moshep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:37 pm

Hum, @OP, maybe "handy" if you added a Poll, then it's "easier" for other Players to quickly vote to show their Support without having to post..., and you would probably have more than 9 Reactions/Votes (well, 10 with mine, and 11 with yours...). :idea:

=> Support: +1.

Interesting indeed the 'Discord' Bot... 8-)

I've also been "struggling" for years with locating Items in the Archive, => I use a simple Table on the Item_ID (Right-Click on Item => "View Image Info") which already gives me the Year and the Year Range:

Code: Select all
Years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,  2019,  2020,  2021, [2022].
Year_IDs 19,  731, 1305, 2451, 3491, 4894, 5870, 6540, 7642, 8480, 9980, 11171, 12082, 12920, ...
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:46 am

{support! I have the Discord bot others mentioned but I frequently forget to use it, and as OP pointed out that's not convenient for everyone. This is a great idea and I agree that with the already existing search function for personal item collections it should be the simplest next step to add the function to the archive c:}
{It would be nice too just to be able to see what items are named something-- if I'm looking for what holly themed items exist, for example, I can just type that into the search and see what items exist with that in mind.}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s a g e » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:49 am

support!

s a g e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 pm

Huge support!
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neoncherry64 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:21 am

Big time support!! We know a search system is possible, I’d love to see it used in the archives since there are so many items to sort through.
Neoncherry64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me