Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Postby Sofia » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:45 pm

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4948182

More info here, but hopefully they make the big announcement to everyone soon

𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸!

x╔════════╗

Hi! I'm looking for trades,
and art of some characters,
as well as C$ which I have
a store for.
I was formerly known as:
Imagery

x╚════════╝

𝓛𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼

x╔════════╗

Trades Image UFA

x╚════════╝

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝓨𝓸𝓾!

Sofia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:54 pm

Sofia wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4948182

More info here, but hopefully they make the big announcement to everyone soon

SUPER excited to see this. <3
Last edited by Rick on Fri May 31, 2024 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Why did you turn me into a furry.

[He/him] [Adult] [Furry]
hi I'm the crazy apple guy who hoards
the UR apples lol [Have one UFT? Send a suggestion!]
ImageImage
Image - Trades - Art TOS
(tos is if you've gotten stuff from me in the past)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gansey » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am

i agree that there definitely needs to be C$ sales transparency. especially since the price increase of store pets. and let’s not forget this site has ads too. so where is this money going? this site hasnt really had updates in years and all the staff (small staff at that, imo i think there needs to be more direction and clarity on a lot of rules and more staff but thats not a topic for here) are all volunteers, if i understand correctly?

and i would love to see more discussion on auto-clickers and bots. that should be a ban-able offense in my opinion. it’s one a same or worse level than making more accounts for december 18th because the pound opens multiple times a week, not once a year!
╔════════════╗

howdy
my name is noah
i love d&d, writing, pokémon,
and birding.
free to pm // fr // cs store

╚════════════╝
gansey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:20 pm

Quick question, do we actually know for certain that pound bots/autoclickers actually exist? I'd think we'd at least hear people who use them talking / bragging about them off-site, like we do with multi-accounters, but I've never been able to find any talk of them other than complaints that people might be using them.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheetahss » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:50 pm

Disgustedorite wrote:Quick question, do we actually know for certain that pound bots/autoclickers actually exist? I'd think we'd at least hear people who use them talking / bragging about them off-site, like we do with multi-accounters, but I've never been able to find any talk of them other than complaints that people might be using them.

while im not 100% sure on if people on CS are using auto clickers, they are real as are discord based pound bots that ping you close to time if that's what you meant, which isn't something that should be punished (aside from the auto clicker).

otherwise, using your own bot to click for you or something should absolutely be punishable, as with the right coding, you can absolutely set something up to only auto click on high value pets.
cheetahss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:15 pm

cheetahss wrote:
    Disgustedorite wrote:Quick question, do we actually know for certain that pound bots/autoclickers actually exist? I'd think we'd at least hear people who use them talking / bragging about them off-site, like we do with multi-accounters, but I've never been able to find any talk of them other than complaints that people might be using them.

while im not 100% sure on if people on CS are using auto clickers, they are real as are discord based pound bots that ping you close to time if that's what you meant, which isn't something that should be punished (aside from the auto clicker).

otherwise, using your own bot to click for you or something should absolutely be punishable, as with the right coding, you can absolutely set something up to only auto click on high value pets.

i'm no coder, but with the new pound changes an auto clicker or script is not going to be as effective i think since pets are now jumbled around; just like how the joker the other day was on page 5. i highly doubt there'd be a script that can somehow read what page a rare pet is on when it's random, and even then someone else can get to it first.

in my opinion at least i don't think it's something to worry about too much, however my knowledge on those types of things are limited.

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022

Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:55 pm

gansey wrote:

i agree that there definitely needs to be C$ sales transparency. especially since the price increase of store pets. and let’s not forget this site has ads too. so where is this money going? this site hasnt really had updates in years and all the staff (small staff at that, imo i think there needs to be more direction and clarity on a lot of rules and more staff but thats not a topic for here) are all volunteers, if i understand correctly?

and i would love to see more discussion on auto-clickers and bots. that should be a ban-able offense in my opinion. it’s one a same or worse level than making more accounts for december 18th because the pound opens multiple times a week, not once a year!

Auto-clickers and bots that give an advantage in gameplay are absolutely not allowed already, though I am not aware of them being used on the pound specifically, but rather in the context of the token events. I personally am of the opinion that the pound lag is just due to the shear number of users accessing the same page and reloading at the exact same time. The most recent update will hopefully help with that going forward since it allows users to be a bit more spread out.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:59 pm

cheetahss wrote:

I'm fully aware of the discord pound bot (which this thread is explicitly NOT about, though I have my personal qualms with its existence) and of autoclickers, and as a programmer myself I don't deny that such tools are possible. But an autoclicker would not be anywhere near as effective as you'd think from how much people complain about it because the size of cs pets varies and you have to scroll down to see the button on many monitors (thus it would not be consistent nor instantaneous).

To make an actual auto-adopt tool would require proficiency in JavaScript at minimum. If it's a private tool that only a few people use, at least one of the suspects should be proficient in JavaScript. If it's instead a public tool, there would be download links all over shady blogs and the like, or at least people bragging about using it, just like we see with multiaccounters. I at least don't see any evidence of any of that, which makes me suspect that if it's a thing at all, it's being used by 1 or 2 people who made the tool themselves and are staying tight lipped.

Like, idk the tone of "these people who get the rares a lot must be botting!" feels a little too close to getting called a hacker on Roblox because you had better ping than your opponent.

Clayflower. wrote:
i'm no coder, but with the new pound changes an auto clicker or script is not going to be as effective i think since pets are now jumbled around; just like how the joker the other day was on page 5. i highly doubt there'd be a script that can somehow read what page a rare pet is on when it's random, and even then someone else can get to it first.

in my opinion at least i don't think it's something to worry about too much, however my knowledge on those types of things are limited.

Actually, the changes to the pound system could make building a tool to get a specific pet with high success possible. Though, it would be more complicated than a simple "get the rarest pet that shows up" script. I'm not gonna get into how though because I'd rather people not, uh, reference the explanation to actually make such a tool a reality :P
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabidcoyote » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:47 pm

I would absolutely love the sales transparency. I have my reservations whether the community's voice actually matters here, but it would be nice to be proven wrong.

x
𝕒 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗

they/them or it/its
hopeless sudoku conoisseur, historical ed teach enthusiast, relentless snake booper

Suggestion: Bring back CS contests

rabidcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bulrush » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:35 pm

there's not much to really say as a new user but when i came back to the site after dinner which was only 20 minutes after rollover i was still experiencing lag. im a flight rising veteran nd i've seen the site crash on updates before (pretty rare nowadays though) so this is small potatoes but it is somewhat worrying because as a newbie this is a very reliable way to obtain pets even if i only manage to grab a common. i dunno much about website infrastructure but i wouldn't be surprised if the lag stems from refreshes if december 18th is apparently quite stable, maybe adding in a timer like when the pound opens to reduce refreshing could help? though that's easy to ask for i've no clue of coding that might be difficult, but i would put my money on the refreshes being the true culprit.
bulrush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me