Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Postby ava » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:58 pm

Support in terms of fixing the pound lag! I'm sure staff is aware of it but acknowledgement from them that it is to be fixes (or not) would be nice :)
╔══════════════════════════════╗
she/her ☀︎ adult player ☀︎ always down to trade!
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔════════════════════════════╗
hi, i'm ava! i've been playing chicken smoothie
on and off since 2015. i'm here to chill and
feed my pet collecting addiction.
i'm always open to dms & new friends!

╚════════════════════════════╝
ava

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxic_love » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 am

There must be some sort of programs people are using to get the pets from the pound instantly. I get in the very second the pound opens with no lag and click "ADOPT" on the first pet before I can even see what the pet is and somehow it will already be taken by someone else...
ascension

Toxic_love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:24 am

Support.

The Last Raven wrote:Yes! The lag has been horrible no matter what I use. It did not used to be like this. It can take upwards of 20 seconds to load and that is without it being a busy time on CS. It feels like the servers are failing.

Yes agreed, out of 6 years Ive been on this site the pound’s always been so enjoyable in 2018-2023 for me. Not anymore because of the weird lag. I thought I was the only one so I never complained, but now I see I’m not.

One could say «skill issue», I would reply, whose skill issue? Mine or the site’s that lags with 500 people on? :/ /conscrit

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
hyperpop and breakcore listener ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyca » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:40 am

Support. I've never actually thought about where the Chickendollar money goes to and now you have gotten me to think... I buy C$ bi-monthly (on average; sometimes I do more if there's item sets I really like). I get the 20 USD pack because it makes the most sense to do it that way. I know I can't be the only one dropping that much bi monthly, or even more. That adds up; there's hundreds of users on this site. I know Chickensmoothie has got to make a decent amount, so this server lag is really concerning since I feel like good hardware/a strong server wouldn't be a bit deal cost wise.
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

ImageImage
Pyca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:40 am

I support. I thought it was just bad luck that I've been getting in late and getting absolutely nothing in the pound for a few weeks. Relieved to know it isn't just some horrible luck, but bummed that it's something we can't control on our end. I'm sure they're working on it, but it would be nice to have some open discussion with the mods and transparency. <3
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alleyway » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:46 am

Agree, I hate even bothering with the pound anymore :C
alleyway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby melti » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:50 am

support. ^^
melti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TooSpooky » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:51 am

Agreed, I'm on mobile and I never used to have a big problem but now by the time it loads most pets are already gone and the times I manage to get it to load quick enough to find good pets when I click to get one it lags for 30 seconds then says someone else got it and by that time almost all other pets are gone, I'm starting to give up with pound and I mainly bother with lost and found instead
TooSpooky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:54 am

Honestly hope that the entire pound concept is reworked in a way that does not make it so hundreds of people all log on and go to the same page at the same time to compete for limited rare pets all in the same instant! There just has to be a better way of distribution that isn't a 3 hour countdown and mass scramble every day or so. There's a lot of concepts that could be played with if the idea of how to get semi random pound pets into the hands of users was brainstormed from scratch. I know there was an announcement about changes to the pound a while ago and I'm just hoping it's much more than fixing lag.

Like here is just one idea- there could be plenty of other concepts:
Pound is a 24 or 32 or 48 hour cool down for each individual - not open at a set time. When someone is not on cooldown, they go to the pound and get shown 10 random pound pets and must pick one of them within 5 minutes (or the cooldown starts again). While they are being shown those pets, no one else has them as an option. This is truly random and does not cause a scramble while also being able to set a long cooldown in order to limit just how many pound pets are going to users, while also making users who are not always tracking the pound get just as many pound pets as people who were provided that they just log on after their cooldown is over.
Potential issue would be that people are always going to pick someone valuable out of their options - so there must be a way to make sure the common pets are selected as well otherwise the pound would just get picked clean of rares and then would only have low value pets.
Something like the "adoptions" group could hold the smaller pool of pets available to show to people and perhaps only be refilled when it i below a certian number. But it would have to be hidden otherwise people would wait until they think it was refilled before going to their pound.
A revamp would be tricky I'm sure but there just really has to be another way! Honestly wouldn't even oppose blind pound adoptions if they were on a personal cooldown instead of a random clock time. Click button get pound pet. Wait x hours. Repeat. Like Dec 18 but mostly common pets but you'd just be able to keep getting them and getting them. It would get the job done I guess!

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Huge support !

I can't wait for the promised Pound update, and hope it's partially about the lagging. You can't prevent hundreds of people from logging in right before the pound goes live, but I assume there could be a way to prevent pages from taking ages to load, especially once you clicked a pet (only to get a message it's already adopted).

As for C$, transparency would be nice but it's really not the norm for user-based websites. I always assume it's to pay for the server and some of the people

Toxic_love wrote:There must be some sort of programs people are using to get the pets from the pound instantly. I get in the very second the pound opens with no lag and click "ADOPT" on the first pet before I can even see what the pet is and somehow it will already be taken by someone else...

I didn't take a look at the pound page structure, but if every pet is displayed in a "box", and considering the oldest pets are generally top row, writing a program to automatically fetch the first box when the pound is open is not too far fetched. Especially since doing that programmatically, you could avoid lagging by simply fetching the results of the page without waiting for the graphics to load.

I don't think too many people would use that though.
Most are probably just spamming F5 + clicking on where the first pet would be.
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me