sell/giveaway this site

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: sell/giveaway this site

Postby The Shattered one » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:22 pm

Nick wrote:I'm working on several security improvements right now, and I've deployed some already, there will be a news post soon with the announcement.

In the meantime, all it takes to keep your account secure is to have a unique good password for your CS account that you don't also use on other websites. The issues have been due to leaked passwords from sites like NeoPets being re-used here.

Thank you Nick for answering are confused prayers :P
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:22 pm

nicole wrote:just sucks that accounts being hacked more frequently is the only way to get your guy's attention to finally implement more security measures to prevent this and add more stuff to the c$ store because of the outrage due to the c$ inflation. wish we could get more frequent updates and new additions to the site without bad stuff happening, just doesn't feel like there's any passion left in this site from the owners.

THIS.
It took SO MANY PEOPLE being SO UPSET for almost ANYTHING to be said from admins.
We should be updated without having to cry out for it.

@fallen embers, great point. very true.
    lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
      Every night, 매 순간 널 데려가, yeah
      You get it right, lookin' at the starlight
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowclaw34 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:22 pm

Nick wrote:I'm working on several security improvements right now, and I've deployed some already, there will be a news post soon with the announcement.

In the meantime, all it takes to keep your account secure is to have a unique good password for your CS account that you don't also use on other websites. The issues have been due to leaked passwords from sites like NeoPets being re-used here.

just popping in to say thank you for the heads up! ik coding isnt the easiest (at least for me when i took my college course in it) Keep up the good work nick :) <33
Adult CS User : She/Her : Alterhuman and Furry: Please bear with me as im an unmedicated ADHD haver

Check out my personal pets: Personal Pets

My Trades are currently OPEN PLEASE READ MY RULES

Shadowclaw34

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -icarus- » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:23 pm

tysm for the update Nick! we all were very worried about the lack of response and that's what led to this racket we're making < 3
The Band of Misfits | they/them | collectors of eggs... and hamsters | &
diagnosed anxiety disorder and ADHD, sd 'tism
Pokefarm Q | Final Outpost |
ImageImageImageImage
-icarus-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoxyTBDW » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:24 pm

The Shattered one wrote:HEY EVERYONE CHILL OUT! the decision is honestly the owners whether they sell or give the site away for all we know they might shut us down for a little bit and then start back up besides we have an event coming up and going at one another doesn't help the situation it makes it worse (Please don't attack me) I feel awful that the sites going through this more or less I feel for everyone on here especially the people who made this site possible!

this right here!! also, thank you Nick for responding! people should know that it takes time for just one person to be expected to code everything in this site all by themself. i appreciate that nick is working hard, and some people just don't see the change so they get furious. it takes time to code stuff guys. this thread has become a disaster.
Roxy
• autistic • she/they •
hiya, i like toh, amphibia
warrior cats, wof
and gravity falls.
pm me if you
need anything!

images link to credits

ImageImage
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby melti » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:28 pm

although i am very grateful Nick spoke up, it really sucks it took all of us blowing the thread up to get the mods to say something finally. i feel like if they had just done it at their free will, it would’ve been more genuine. im not saying this isn’t what i wanted, but i definitely feel like they could’ve executed it better. also passwords are just the baby step of protecting your account, so i am hoping what nick said is true. we seriously need a better security system on this site, or have more moderators who will pay attention and care. it even got so bad that they made a thread like this, which i’m sure that’s what brought mods to this thread within 10 minutes.

leon toru
he / pup
ImageImage
art shop | csds
melti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reggyy » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:29 pm

Lex. wrote:
nicole wrote:just sucks that accounts being hacked more frequently is the only way to get your guy's attention to finally implement more security measures to prevent this and add more stuff to the c$ store because of the outrage due to the c$ inflation. wish we could get more frequent updates and new additions to the site without bad stuff happening, just doesn't feel like there's any passion left in this site from the owners.

THIS.
It took SO MANY PEOPLE being SO UPSET for almost ANYTHING to be said from admins.
We should be updated without having to cry out for it.

@fallen embers, great point. very true.

^^^ It really shouldn't have taken this long for something to at least be said. But, Nick we appreciate that you are looking into implementing better security measures!
─────────────────
reggy| he/him
─────────────────
Image Image
───────────
hold | rephys
wermz | sqim
───────────
reggyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphipop » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:30 pm

RoxyTBDW wrote:
The Shattered one wrote:HEY EVERYONE CHILL OUT! the decision is honestly the owners whether they sell or give the site away for all we know they might shut us down for a little bit and then start back up besides we have an event coming up and going at one another doesn't help the situation it makes it worse (Please don't attack me) I feel awful that the sites going through this more or less I feel for everyone on here especially the people who made this site possible!

this right here!! also, thank you Nick for responding! people should know that it takes time for just one person to be expected to code everything in this site all by themself. i appreciate that nick is working hard, and some people just don't see the change so they get furious. it takes time to code stuff guys. this thread has become a disaster.

THIS!!! all of this!!! i understand the frustration but it's really not helping anything, this kind of stuff takes time and we don't know what's happening behind the scenes! it sucks that we got a late announcement BUT it's truly better than nothing!
rissa | she/her
sapphipop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BARBOSSA » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:30 pm

I'm happy Nick spoke up, and knowing that he's working helps a lot, but he still shouldn't be the only one working. And it really feels like that fact is being blatantly brushed past. This response could've been given a lot quicker, action could've been made a lot quicker, if Nick wasn't the only one coding.

𝐃𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐑𝐈
━━━━ 𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐢𝐦

𝐏𝐅𝐏 𝐛𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐠'𝐬 #1 𝐟𝐚𝐧...
𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.

𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑨𝑾𝑨𝒀 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑴𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑬𝑹
𝑷𝒂𝒑𝒂 𝑹𝒐𝒂𝒄𝒉
━━━━━━
◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷
BARBOSSA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lyney » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:31 pm

thank you for the support, nick!! but i still think we should consider picking up new staff members and new coders, no?

if we feel that should be a separate thread, i can make it.

it feels like the site wasn't ready for any of this, and it was all because of three hackers (or less) bringing it down to its knees. i feel as if a lot of these wouldn't be such big issues had we had more hands on deck. more communication with the playerbase, more attention to suggestions, etc. i just feel as if a small handful of people isn't cutting it for the gravity of the current playerbase.
♔【 → cross • he/they • adult • th ← 】♔
lyney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me