dnp

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

dnp

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:52 am

Once in a land of myth and magic there was a towering castle that housed a princess. She was strong, brave, and beautiful. Her father the king was impressed by her skills in battle and when a dragon threatened the kingdom? The king sent her out to face off against the dragon.

"Father, you called for me?" The princess asked as she straightened from her curtsey, eyes settling on the figure of her father who was sitting in his throne looking terribly troubled.

"Yes, there is a dragon threatening the kingdom and though it pains me to do this I must ask you to lead our soldiers into battle against it" he replied expression turning grave.

"At once father" she replied and curtsied once more before turning and leaving the throne room, the guards closing them behind her retreating form. The kings expression turned irritated and he rose from his throne to begin pacing.

"Perhaps the damned dragon will finally do me a favour and rid me of that girl, she's been nothing but a nuisance since I stole to replace my dim-witted brat of a daughter who got herself killed by a bear. I'm just lucky that curse still holds her memories" he spat.

there was no battle and no fanfare for the moment the Dragon set eyes on her? He knew that this princess was the very same girl he had met many years ago, she had promised to marry him though they were both just children at the time. Many years had passed since the dragon had last seen her and his childhood feelings of affection had turned to love.

So he took the princess, using his claws as a cage in order to keep her safe while he flew toward the home he had carved into a far away mountain. She certainly didn't do such an inelegant thing as sulk for the duration of the journey to the mountain. Upon arrival the dragon gently deposited the still fuming princess in a room of his choosing and locked her in there, already planning to use his magic to change form in order to bring her food and drink.

He had already figured out that his princess was under the affects of a curse, for she did not remember him and he didn't look like any old dragon. For his scales were as dark as the sky at midnight and his eyes as bright and blue as any Sapphire with subtle orange markings around them. Using his magic he wrapped it around himself and changed his form to that of a human, while keeping many of his draconic features. He felt the wings and tail were most important, his human form always felt terribly naked without them.

The princess had flopped onto the bed, the room despite being where she had been locked away wasn't so bad, it was decorated in her favourite colours after all. It was not lavish like her own room back at the palace but it was pleasant, she actually quite liked it.

"Dragon, have you come to finish me off?" The princess asked icily.

"Never! I only wished to bring you food and restore the memories that a curse has stolen from you" he replied quickly.

"Nonsense, I am not cursed, I'm quite sure I would know if I was" she huffed.

"I would never lie to you about something as serious as this! Please allow me to share my memories with you" he pleaded.

The princess stared at him and in one graceful moment rose from the bed, she paused for a moment before placing her hand in the one the dragon held out to her. She would allow this strange request from the dragon if only because she wanted say I told you so when it changed nothing. The princess shut her eyes as magic began to fill the air between them and suddenly she was standing at home before the palace steps where people were laying flowers. Some outright sobbing and others silently letting tears drip down their faces.

"What is this? Why is the kingdom in mourning? Did someone die?! WAS IT MY FATHER?!" Her panic grew quickly but she found herself unable to move as if she had become rooted to the ground.

"Our princess gone just like that, the king is heartbroken. His only child, I can't imagine how much he must be hurting" a woman cried quietly turning to bury her face in her companions shoulder.

"Years ago a young woman thought she could speak to animals and made the fatal mistake of trying to use a gift she did not have on a bear. That was the princess of your kingdom and the man you called father had to put on an act of a man devastated by grief and as much as I hate to admit it, his act was flawless. The only way you could possibly know was to see that act drop as soon as he was alone, I got the information from a servant.

A few months later it was revealed that the tragedy had not befallen the princess, instead it was some other girl who had perished via the bear that the princess had only been kidnapped. The kingdom was overjoyed and nobody but the king and one simple soul had any idea that it was all a lie. That simple soul watched as the king cast his curse and all memories of your former life vanished, you became the princess the kingdom lost.

I assume that your father sent you out hoping we would either kill each other or I would kill you, leaving him to spin a tale of woe to the kingdom. My beloved subjects your valiant princess lost her life fighting a hideous bloodthirsty dragon" his words came easily and the princess found she couldn't help but believe him.

"My life has been a sham, a scheme in the hands of someone I thought I knew. I... I don't understand why he took me or what he wanted to achieve" the memory shattered and the princess sank to her knees, tears falling steadily from her eyes. The princess didn't have the strength to move and after a little while she felt the dragon squeeze her hand before he cautiously wrapped his wings around her. When she didn't object he raised a hand and gently began to stroke her hair, trying his best to soothe her sorrow. The king would pay for his crimes and once his Princess had no more tears left to cry? They would plan his downfall together
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me