Storkie Magic Comp Entry #2: Probability Magic

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Storkie Magic Comp Entry #2: Probability Magic

Postby mal du pays » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:17 am

PROBABILITY MAGIC
Hybrid; Light x Trickster; Time x Trickster

[NR] Custom lined, whiskers, expression, head tuft
[LEG] Albinism
[NON-PASSING] Magic expression

Can also be referred to as Chance Magic, for a shorter, less-mouthful name.

Probability Magic is a magic that enables one to have some form of control over the odds of any particular circumstance. The paragon-level mages have the capability of modifying the odds of major events, capable of turning the tides in their favor if they want the odds to be.

Overseen by an albino storkie named Roulette, with the magic’s signature eyes to match; Probability magic storkies have eyes of any color, interjected with white lines; they match a roulette wheel. They have darker pupils matching the non-white color used for their magic.
Alternate Probability expression replaces the white slices with black instead. The other color presentation remains the same.

Physical magic expression for Probability storkies is an air of magic symbols, often displaying shapes and objects associated with luck or odds - such as roulette wheels, playing cards, or objects of similar nature. The more advanced one is with magic, the more of these objects they may have. They will always match the color present in the storkie’s eye.

The domain of Probability magic is that of luck, chance or possibly fate. They oversee and control the odds that events occur, potentially affecting the balance of situations and places, and can bring change for the better - or worse, depending on the wielder. Chance & probability is a very fickle thing, so those who practice it may claim the domain is different - such is the nature of being part Trickster.

----

At beginner level, Probability apprentices are able to slightly sway the odds in their favor. They are unable to affect events much larger than, say, the odds of finding five dollars on the sidewalk, or managing to catch a bus on time.

At advanced level, Storkies learning this magic may have heavier weight in swaying events, they’re still not able to influence major events, but the ones they can influence are of much bigger note than simply catching the bus on time. Storkies at this level may also use their magic on the odds for other storkies within a range, although at this level it will be at the strength level of a beginner Probability apprentice.

At adept level, Storkies with this magic have quite the commanding weight in swaying the odds in their favor. Storkies at this level can sway things such as community votes or somewhat sizeable battles in the direction they so choose, and can use their magic on others at a level comparable to advanced.

At master level, there’s not much outside of the reach of Probability masters, outside of major world-effecting rolls of fate. These storkies have the odds of their slice of the world at their paws, making them a force to be reckoned with - with one swing of their paw, they can sway the outcome of a battle or event in their favor with relative ease. On others, they can use their magic at a level comparable to adept.

Paragon Probability storkies can, with little effort, sway major world events in whatever direction they see fit. No event is outside of their grasp, giving them a power with a lot of responsibility attached to it. They are able to, with very few limits, spread this luck (or bad luck) onto others at a master level.

----

Probability magic is a new thing, somewhat. Relatively few Storkies choose to practice it, due to the potential ramifications of what their actions could cause. Those who do wield it are something else entirely - those who wish to defy the odds of what has been given to them, and they wish to cut that thread before the cards can turn to the worse.
Those who wish to change their odds and play with fate often call to Roulette, the founder of the magic - a powerful storkie who had enough of their life handing them hit after hit of horrendous luck. They’d decided to take their odds into their own hand, bringing into being the magic they are now the Paragon of - Probability Magic.
With every storkie, or littleheart, or winged creature that comes to them, their question is the same:
Are you ready to truly take your chances into your own hand?
And are you willing to accept the consequences of what you may cause?
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkie Magic Comp Entry #2: Probability Magic

Postby kiwipen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:03 am

Congratulations! Your magic was chosen, and you'll be able to keep your entry.

Here is your finalized trait list:

[NR] Custom lined, whiskers, expression, head tuft
LIM: Longer Fur
[LEG] Albinism
[NON-PASSING] Magic expression

Magic: Probability (Hybrid: Your choice of Trickster x Light or Trickster x Time )
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me